Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to download X bytes from a file using ftp or http? Post 302335087 by learn more on Friday 17th of July 2009 08:02:09 AM
Old 07-17-2009
Thx for the response, but I do not have curl..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GCC via Http-Download?

Hello all, i am looking for a long time now after GCC. I cannot download it via FTP, thatīs the problem. Is somebody here who knows where i can get it over HTTP?? Regards and Thank You, Chris (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyberbloodgoat
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file size in bytes is different in ftp and local pc

Hi how can it be that say i have text (xls) file that is 661 bytes when i upload it to Solaris ftp its becomes 650 byes and when i downloading it back its again 661 bytes both in my local pc and Solaris ftp the file remains not corrupted and valid (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove first N bytes and last N bytes from a binary file on AIX.

Hi all, Does anybody know or guide me on how to remove the first N bytes and the last N bytes from a binary file? Is there any AWK or SED or any command that I can use to achieve this? Your help is greatly appreciated!! Best Regards, Naveen. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naveendronavall
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

download specified file from ftp server

Hi all, I'm having problems downloading files from ftp server. I have to download only those files that name starts with YYYYMMDD.But file comes like the format "20080624221035.TXT".Also how i can get list of all file names with in specified folder. Here i paste my code ftp -vn... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vaskarbasak
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File download from HTTP::DAV

Hi, I have DOX server. I have to download latest file using HTTP:: DAV. at present am using get method with file name ABC*, it downloads all the files. But I need to download only latest file. Any help?? Thanks, Raja. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: smr_rashmy
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

X bytes of 0, Y bytes of random data, Z bytes of 5, T bytes of 1. ??

Hello guys. I really hope someone will help me with this one.. So, I have to write this script who: - creates a file home/student/vmdisk of 10 mb - formats that file to ext3 - mounts that partition to /mnt/partition - creates a file /mnt/partition/data. In this file, there will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: razolo13
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP File download

Hi, I have few files at FTP location and have written a script to download the same from ftp based on the sysdate - 1, however with the below code I am unable to download the files from FTP. x=`TZ=CST+24 date +%Y%m%d` mget Daily_BIH_$x_NEW.tar.gz can anyone please help me in... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rramkrishnas
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wanted to download the yesterday's file through FTP

Hello, Wanted to download the yesturday's or current date-1 file through shell script Mode: FTP OS: AIX if today is 13th May then file would be available as below. File Pattern:201401148682_daily_2014-05-12.txt.zip Help.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
4 Replies

9. Programming

Download http picture using C++

Dear all, I am working on writing the script which can read a file (having the html path for some pictures) and download those picture in the given local directory. Please find my iniatitve here, however I am still not able to figure out the 'download' command. Any help is appreciated. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emily
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to Download File from FTP

Hi, I am trying to download files from FTP using below FTP code. x=$(TZ=CST date +%Y%m%d) host='xxx.xx.xxx.xxx' user='userX' pass='Password' echo "Connecting to FTP Host -- $host....." echo $x a=$(ftp -v -n -i << ! open $host user "$user" $pass cd /rose/yellow/ mget... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rramkrishnas
6 Replies
BGOFFICE-DICT-DOWNLOAD(1)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 BGOFFICE-DICT-DOWNLOAD(1)

NAME
bgoffice-dict-download - download dictionaries for bgoffice SYNOPSIS
# list known dictionaries bgoffice-dict-download --list # download a dictionary bgoffice-dict-download --dict bg-en_dual # explicit output file bgoffice-dict-download --dict bg-en_dual --output=/some/where.tar.bz2 DESCRIPTION
bgoffice-dict-download is a small program to help download bgoffice dictionaries off sourceforge.net. It browses the bgoffice project download area and follows the download links. The dictionary is downloaded in the current directory, unless the "--output" option is used. OPTIONS
--list Prints the list of the known dictionaries. --dict dictionary name Specifies the dictionary to be downloaded. See "--list" for the known dictionaries. This option is mandatory, unless "--list" is given. --output file Saves the downloaded dictionary in the given file, instead of ./<dict>.tar.bz2 COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright: (C) 2010 Damyan Ivanov dmn@debian.org Permission is granted to use this work, with or without modifications, provided that this notice is retained. If we meet some day, and you think this stuff is worth it, you can buy me a beer in return. perl v5.14.2 2010-12-16 BGOFFICE-DICT-DOWNLOAD(1)