Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting check if file exists with pattern matching Post 302334949 by sreenu.shell on Friday 17th of July 2009 12:52:29 AM
Old 07-17-2009
still error coming

Still I am getting below error
mv: cannot stat `{}': No such file or directory

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check to see if a file exists?

Hi. I'd like to have an IF-Then-Else statement where I can check to see if a file exists? We have the Bourne Shell by default. I'm looking for the syntax to do something like this: if myfile.txt exists then ...my code else ...my code end if Any help would be greatly... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: buechler66
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check file exists

Hi, I am trying to write a script which checks if any file exists with "*.log" or "*.out" in Directory below is the code #------------------ path=/abd/xyz/ if ; then echo "Good" else echo "Failure" fi #-------------------------- its always going to else part and printing... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ch33ry
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check to see if a file exists?

I want to write a script to see if various files exist. What I want to do is have the script search in various directories if a file exist, and if not, then output something like "/path/file does not exist". I don't actually know of how to check and see if a file exists or not. What I have in mind... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: astropi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File exists, but cannot be opened.How to check- whether it could be opened to read when it exists

Hi #Testing for file existence if ; then echo 'SCHOOL data is available for processing' else echo 'SCHOOL DATA IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR PROCESSING' : i wrote a script, where it begins by checking if file exists or not. If it exists, it truncates the database... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rxg
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for Pattern if exists write to file

Hi ! All I just want to search and write to new file if pattern is found in text file following are my text files by which I want to search Month and last column number my text file1 15-Jan-2011 25 ARTS 1255 125 125 178 198 15-Jan-2011 25 ARTS 1255 125 125 178 198 15-Jan-2011 25... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nex_asp
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check whether file exists in directory

Hi guys, I am beginner trying to learn unix. So any help is welcomed. My requirement is to check whether is a file exists in a particular directory or not. The directory path and filename are taken dynamically with user interaction. So the program should continue only if the $filename... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maris_markur
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if file exists or not

Hi, I want to check if the file exists or not in the directory. i am trying below code but not working. File="/home/va59657/Account_20090213*.dat" echo "$File" if ]; then echo "file found" else echo "file not found" fi However i am getting file not found even if file exits as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if a string exists in a file

bash in RHEL 6.3 I have these 2 files with strings. $ cat someStrings.txt LOGICAL1 HUNGARY2 PENGUIN2 MOBILE GUITAR1 MOUSE1 $$ cat checkIF.txt PENGUIN MOBILE $I need to search for strings in someStrings.txt file that matches the patterns in checkIF.txt file. The strings in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check if file exists

Hi, I have the below code written. However I am not getting the desired output I am checking if the particular path has file in it. #!/bin/bash ls -l /IRS2/IRS2_ODI/INFILE/*LS* 1>/dev/null 2>/dev/null if then echo $? echo "File Exists" fi ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shanmugapriya D
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Check if file exists

I need to check whether a file exists and has been changed. The file should contain a specific string. The file should also have been changed within the last ten seconds. How do I do that? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
3 Replies
rc.config(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						      rc.config(4)

NAME
rc.config, rc.config.d - files containing system configuration information SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The system configuration used at startup is contained in files within the directory The file sources all of the files within and and exports their contents to the environment. /etc/rc.config The file is a script that sources all of the scripts, and also sources To read the configuration definitions, only this file need be sourced. This file is sourced by whenever it is run, such as when the command is run to transition between run states. Each file that exists in is sourced, without regard to which startup scripts are to be executed. /etc/rc.config.d The configuration information is structured as a directory of files, rather than as a single file containing the same information. This allows developers to create and manage their own configuration files here, without the complications of shared ownership and access of a common file. /etc/rc.config.d/* Files This is where files containing configuration variable assignments are located. Configuration scripts must be written to be read by the POSIX shell, and not the Bourne shell, or In some cases, these files must also be read and possibly modified by control scripts or the sam program. See sd(4) and sam(1M). For this reason, each variable definition must appear on a separate line, with the syntax: No trailing comments may appear on a variable definition line. Comment statements must be on separate lines, with the comment character in column one. This example shows the required syntax for configuration files: Configuration variables may be declared as array parameters when describing multiple instances of the variable configuration. For example, a system may contain two network interfaces, each having a unique IP address and subnet mask (see ifconfig(1M)). An example of such a dec- laration is as follows: Note that there must be no requirements on the order of the files sourced. This means configuration files must not refer to variables defined in other configuration files, since there is no guarantee that the variable being referenced is currently defined. There is no protection against environment variable namespace collision in these configuration files. Programmers must take care to avoid such prob- lems. /etc/TIMEZONE The file contains the definition of the environment variable. This file is required by POSIX. It is sourced by at the same time the files are sourced. SEE ALSO
rc(1M). rc.config(4)