Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Find the feature code of the installed processor card on my p550 Post 302334821 by dukessd on Thursday 16th of July 2009 03:01:40 PM
Old 07-16-2009
you'll need to look in the lscfg -vp output for a ccin associated with a processor resource and then lookup the ccin, or possibly the FRU number, in infocentre I think.

prtconf will show you the number of them and the speed.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To find processor speed & memory in HP Unix 10.2

I have a D series HP server with HP UNIX 10.20 as the OS. How will I obtain the processor speed and memory of the machine. I have 'root' privileges. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: augustinep
4 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Where can I find a Unix OS that will run on a 386 processor?

Hey, can anyone recommend a URL (or website) where I can download a basic (or old) UNIX OS that will run on an ancient laptop that has a 386 processor, 4MB of RAM and a 40MB harddrive? Your help and suggestions are much appreciated! :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: methudrez
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

How to find processor frequency

Hello , Please tell me how to find processor frequency in HP UNIX . (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjunath
8 Replies

4. AIX

p550 connected to a HMC

Morning, I've installed a new p550 into a rack and connected it up to the HMC but the HMC cannot find it, I don't understand why it's not? Has anyone else had this problem before? Thanks Kees (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KeesH
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to find FEATURE(`msp',`[127.0.0.1]')dnl in submit.cf

Hi, While trying to send mail using the mailx command i get the below mentioned error. sdsddsd... Connecting to via relay... sdsddsd... Deferred: Connection refused by I went through some documents and it was mentioned that modifications needs to be done in submit.cf as given below. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisanto_2000
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

how to know the code name(like Montecito) of current processor

Hi, I'm using IPF hpux machines. I want to know how to get the code name of current processor(say Montecito or Motovale). I have machinfo output like +++++++++++++++ machinfo CPU info: Number of CPUs = 4 Clock speed = 1500 MHz Bus speed = 400 MT/s CPUID registers ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: m9suns
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris installed Physical Processor ..how to check?

I would like to know how to identify the installed "Physical Processor" .here is the output #psrinfo -pv of from 2 systems : - System 1 The physical processor has 8 virtual processors (0-7) SPARC-T4 (chipid 0, clock 2848 MHz) -System 2 The physical processor has 8 virtual... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash find version of an installed application but if none is found set variable to App Not Installed

Hello Forum, I'm issuing a one line bash command to look for the version of an installed application and saving the result to a variable like so: APP=application --version But if the application is not installed I want to return to my variable that the Application is not installed. So I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
2 Replies
prtfru(1M)						  System Administration Commands						prtfru(1M)

NAME
prtfru - print FRUID-specific information about the FRUs on a system or domain SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/prtfru [-d] | [-clx] [container] DESCRIPTION
The prtfru utility is used to obtain FRUID data from the system or domain. Its output is that of a tree structure echoing the path in the FRU (Field-Replaceable Unit) tree to each container. When a container is found, the data from that container is printed in a tree-like structure as well. prtfru without any arguments will print the FRU hierarchy and all of the FRUID container data. prtfru prints to stdout which may be redi- rected to a file. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -c Prints only the containers and their data. This option does not print the FRU tree hierarchy. -d Prints a DTD for the current registry to stdout. -l Prints only the FRU tree hierarchy. This option does not print the container data. -x Prints in XML format with a system identifier (SYSTEM) of prtfrureg.dtd. Options -c and -l can be used together to obtain a list of the containers. OPERANDS
The folowing operand is supported: container The name of a particular container in the FRU hierarchy, that is, either the name or path/name of a container as displayed in the -l option. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 All information was found and printed successfully. >0 An error has occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWfruid | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
fruadm(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 30 May 2002 prtfru(1M)