Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Return value from UNIX to JAVA Post 302334769 by cbkihong on Thursday 16th of July 2009 11:36:26 AM
Old 07-16-2009
According to the javadoc, Runtime.exec() returns a Process object that allows you to get information about the process. I found the exitValue() method and that is likely what you need.

Process (Java Platform SE 6))

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix return codes

Suppose I have a script which is monitoring a directory whenever a file drops in that directory,it sends alert say I want to write a return code for the above script which on successful execution of script gives a return value Based on return code , I want to do initiate some jobs in other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhib45
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you Sum UNIX return codes

Hi, I know how to read a return code after executing a single command. "echo $?". But I do not know how to sum the return code for a group of commands. If I string 3 commands together and I do an echo $? all I get is the retunr code for the last command. Example below: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: z1tt45uuprs7
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

return code of a unix command

How to find out whether the command I executed is successful or unsuccessful(at commandlinet) Eg: say i execute the following command at command line rm * How do i find out whether my previous command is a success or failure. Thankyou. Best Regards, Ram. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramky79
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Return value from oracle to unix shell

Hi , i have written a shell scipt to call a procedure and get the value back from procedure.But i am facing the issue like #!/bin/sh returnedvalue=`sqlplus -s userid/pass<<EOF set serveroutput on; exec pass($1) set serveroutput off; EXIT; EOF` flag=`echo $returnedvalue ` echo "$flag"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi214u
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

return code of multiple java process

Hi, I have a unix shell script which is launching multiple java processes by calling a java class in a loop, but each time with a different set of parameters. Now I have to use the return code from each process in the script later. but how do i obtain the return code from each process... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rama354
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture return value from java in shell scripting

Hi All, My shell script will call a java component with some arguments , the java component returns a string value to the shell script. How to assign the return value to the shell variable. Here is the sample code. In my shell script i am calling the java as fallows. --exporting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajeshorpu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with call of Java Programm & return code handling & output to several streams.

Hello Everybody, thanks in advance for spending some time in my problem. My problem is this: I want to call a java-Programm out of my shell skript, check if die return code is right, and split the output to the normal output and into a file. The following code doesn't work right, because in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danifunny
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Script - DB Return

Based on the earlier thread , I made the change for the oracle sequence next val from .sh script , X=$(sqlplus -s user/pswd << eod set heading off select etl.batch_sq.nextval from dual; eod) when I echo to check the value echo Batch_Id_$X I get the following result : Batch_Id_ 69... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shanks
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix return code example

Hi, Does anyone here can guide me to understand how is return code works in a parent-child relation with a simple example? I have a request to build the script with return code in a child script, but i want to understand how does child script can return a code to the parent, stated if its... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: khchong
4 Replies

10. Programming

Need best forum site for java (as for unix its unix.com)

Hi All, Can anyone help me for knowing the java best side forums. where i will get a quick responce like here , as i am having lot of question. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aish11
1 Replies
serialver(1)						      General Commands Manual						      serialver(1)

NAME
serialver - serial version command SYNOPSIS
serialver [ options ] [ classnames ] options Command-line options, as specified in this document. classnames One or more class names. DESCRIPTION
serialver returns the serialVersionUID for one or more classes in a form suitable for copying into an evolving class. When invoked with no arguments, it prints a usage line. OPTIONS
-classpath <directories and zip/jar files separated by:> Set search path for application classes and resources. -show Displays a simple user interface. Enter the full class name and press either the Enter key or the Show button to display the serialVersionUID. -Joption Pass option to the Java virtual machine, where option is one of the options described on the man page for the java applica- tion launcher, java(1). For example, -J-Xms48m sets the startup memory to 48 megabytes. It is a common convention for -J to pass options to the underlying virtual machine. SEE ALSO
See (or search java.sun.com) for the following: java.io.ObjectStreamClass @ http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5/docs/api/java/io/ObjectStreamClass.html 24 June 2004 serialver(1)