Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Populating an Array
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Populating an Array Post 302334614 by kshji on Thursday 16th of July 2009 05:28:02 AM
Old 07-16-2009
arr=(a b c)
but you can't add element using this method (I think, not checked).

Method 1, works with every posix-sh
init cnt:
idd=1
diff=1

using:
file_arr_idd[$idd]=$F
(( idd+=1 ))

same way diff array
file_arr_diff[$diff]=$F
(( diff+=1 ))

Method 2, assosiative arrays in ksh
init array:
typeset -A file_arr_idd file_arr_diff
using ex:
file_arr_idd[$F]=1
file_arr_diff[$F]=1

print out used array id, ex:
Code:
for f in ${!file_arr_idd[*]}
do   
     echo $f
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk help with populating variable

Hi, I'm looking for help trying to parse a data stream. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My awk statement is awk '/Aug/{a=$2}/vol/{print a, host, $1, $2, $3, $4, $5}' out.txt Sample Data Stream "out.txt" ----------------------------- # Aug 3 00:00:00 2008 ===== DF =====... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmd2004
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

populating array using awk

Hi. I have a file with the following structer: DB DISK LOCATION SIZE ============================================ PROD DATA_01 /dev/dm-23 10 PROD DATA_02 /dev/dm-24 10 PROD DATA_03 /dev/dm-25 10 DEV DATA_04 /dev/dm-26 10 DEV DATA_05 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Populating array raised an error

Hi, The following test case populate an array named: array3. Since array1 and array2 are equal in length and values array3 will remain empty. #!/usr/bin/ksh test() { set -A array1 "A" set -A array2 "A" NUM_1=`echo ${#array1}` print "num elenemt in NUM_1 is ${NUM_1}" i=1 for ELE2 in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - Pre-populating an array from system command output

So, here's a scenario that requires the same logic as what I'm working on: Suppose that you have a directory containing files named after users. For awk's purposes, the filename is a single field-- something parse-friendly, like john_smith. Now, let's say that I'd like to populate an array in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
2 Replies

5. Programming

populating a JList

Hi, I have to create a JList and the items I need to display are store in HashMap table. What would be the easiest way to populate this JList. Basically the items I want to display/show in the JList are the key values of the HashMap. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arizah
0 Replies

6. Programming

Populating Associate Arrays in PHP

I'm not very good at associative arrays; and working on this PHP code has got me a bit stumped. My goal is to populate a (multidimensional) associative array in a PHP while look after a MySQL query. The code fragment looks like this: while($campaign_row = mysql_fetch_array($campaigninfo)) { ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help populating double quotes using awk

Want to populate double quotes for each filed using awk: Input: cat file.txt => "1-23-test_test1-test2" Required output : "1-23-test_test1-test2"|"#GT_properties_xyz" Was trying the below command on solaris 9 machine : awk -F"|" '{print $1"|""#GT_properties_xyz"}' file.txt ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajachandhok
8 Replies

8. Programming

Populating Lists in Def using Python

Dipping around in python again and need to create a def that will populate a list(content) with the files that os.walk finds from within this directory and then I will re.search through each files looking for content. In learning Python, can someone point me in the right direction. This is what I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Populating a BASH array with a list of files including spaces-in-the-name

For the record, I already tried telling mgmt and the users to disallow spaces in filenames for this script, but it isn't happening for a number of ID10T-error-based reasons. I have simple list of 3 files in a directory that are named like this: bash-3.2$ ls -1 file* file1 file1 part2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckmehta
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help in populating output in table using shell scripting

Below is my code where i tried using table tag to print out put in table but its not working #!/bin/ksh #] && . ./.profile 2>/dev/null if test -f '.profile'; then . ./.profile; fi; #. .profile LOG_DIR=/app/rpx/jobs/scripts/just/logs sendEmail() { pzCType="$1";... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankit.mca.aaidu
5 Replies
PO4A-RUNTIME.7(7)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 PO4A-RUNTIME.7(7)

NAME
po4a-runtime - po4a and runtime gettext translation without Autotools Introduction With po4a-build, po4a also includes support for adding translation of runtime script output messages using gettext but without requiring the package to adopt Autotools and the typical ./configure process. Using example Makefile snippets, packages can harness intltool with minimal effort. Layout Documentation translation should NOT use the same po/ directory as the runtime translation. Whilst runtime translation can use directories other than po/, it is usually easiest to go with the convention. Multiple languages Just a word on packages that use scripts in multiple programming languages. A common mix is Perl and shell. Note bene: gettext WILL get confused and omit strings from one or other language unless file extensions are used for whichever is the least problematic language. When using multiple languages, experiment with various settings in po/Makevars until you get all the strings you need in the POT file. In particular, specifying two languages in po/Makevars can be problematic. Instead of: # Don't do this: XGETTEXT_OPTIONS = -L Perl -L Shell --from-code=iso-8859-1 Consider renaming (or providing symlink(s) for) all files for one of the languages involved and omitting the explicit -L options. The file extension only needs to exist during the time that po/POTFILES.in is being processed. The --keywords option can also be useful - see the xgettext documentation. Populating po/ So, create your top level po/ directory and then use the example files in /usr/share/doc/po4a/examples/ to populate it. LINGUAS Must exist, even if empty. Consists of a list of translations - each line not starting with a '#' must match an existing PO file. e.g. if LINGUAS contains a single line, 'fr', an fr.po file must exist alongside the LINGUAS file. $ cat po/LINGUAS cs de fr $ By convention, the LINGUAS file is sorted alphabetically but that is a manual process. POTFILES.in The list of files containing the messages that need to be translated at runtime - i.e. your scripts. If you've used the top level po/ directory, the paths should be relative to the top level directory, not the po/ directory itself. $ ls -l myscript.pl another.pl foo/support.pl po/ po/POTFILES.in $ cat po/POTFILES.in myscript.pl another.pl foo/support.pl $ Note that it is explicitly supported that the scripts themselves can contain strings for both runtime and documentation translation, e.g. using gettext functions for runtime and embedded POD content for documentation. So it is not a problem to have the same file listed in po/POTFILES.in and doc/po4a-build.conf Makevars-perl.example If your scripts are in Perl, copy this example file as po/Makevars and edit it to suit. Makevars-shell.example If your scripts are in shell, copy this example file as po/Makevars and edit it to suit. po4a-build.make Copy this example file as po/Makefile - it shouldn't need editing but you may want to keep it updated against /usr/share/doc/po4a/examples/po4a-build.make as it may need to be updated within po4a releases as the underlying intltool support changes. (The file itself was generated from another project using Autotools and intltool.) Building These snippets need to be added to your top level Makefile or whatever other method you use to prepare your sources for distribution. clean: $(MAKE) -C po/ clean install: $(MAKE) -C po/ install DESTDIR=$(DESTDIR) dist: $(MAKE) -C po/ pot (In an Autotools project, this would happen automatically by simply adding po to the "SUBDIRS" value in Makefile.am.) Maintenance Runtime translation isn't quite as easy as po4a-build in that adding a new translation does require editing po/LINGUAS, but apart from that, updating translations is merely a case of replacing the relevant PO file with the new version. Depending on how you prepare your source tarball, you may also need to list new PO files in the MANIFEST file or add to the script(s) that prepare the tarball. (That also applies to po4a-build.) Any *.mo or *.gmo files in po/ can be deleted / cleaned up. Copyright Whilst the example files are part of the po4a project, you are free to use, modify and distribute them in your own projects without needing to refer back to po4a or list the po4a team in your own copyright notices, in the same manner as other build tools like Automake itself. If you want to mention po4a, that is fine too. AUTHORS
Neil Williams <linux@codehelp.co.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-05-17 PO4A-RUNTIME.7(7)