Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Reading filename from directory Post 302334591 by vbe on Thursday 16th of July 2009 04:21:35 AM
Old 07-16-2009
Cant test or confirm (vacation...) no box nearby... but grep searches for "patterns" and so "*" is included as such...
Why not use find?
Code:
find $inputdir -name "cm_ctx*.csv" -print...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a file using sh with spaces in filename

Hi I am trouble parsing through a file with spaces in the filename. I need to grab "supportIDPS/SCM/windows_install/file groups/dds.fgl" and then do a md5sum on it. I am using sh. Any help is appreciated. Here is an example of the input file: 7eedbc9f7902bf4c1878d9e571addf9a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jekl5
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get filename from directory

hi find /home -type f -atime +5 shows me files like : home/test/aaa.txt home/test/bbb.html How can I get the file name I mean only aaa.txt and bbb.html (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjay83
19 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get the latest file by reading the date in the filename.

Hi, I grep for a pattern in a list of files. "grep -i -l $pattern *.datx*" it may give me n number of files. say for eg, it gives me 2 files. lock_eicu_20071228_00000000.dat_20071228_05343100 lock_eicu_20080501_00000000.dat_20080501_05343900 out of these 2 files I need to get the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prsshini
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

directory -l filename perl

Can anybody let me know what following commands will do in perl 1.my $result = `/main/home/bin/iwex -l '$File1'`; 2.my $setcmd = "/main/home/bin/iwex -s \"$File2\" \"$File3\""; where $File1 $File2 $File3 are regular files. Please suggest something. Ur welcome (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

assingn a variable a filename and then reading it in

Im trying to set a filename to a variable and then read the file in using the variable but im getting a syntax error. any ideas? #!/bin/bash function scanFile() { while read $1 do echo $filename done } file1=report.log scanFile() $file1 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: magnia
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I rename a filename in a directory?

Hi, I've got a large to task to do, which I've broken into three section. I'm just stuck on one of the sections. I have to change the end of a filename from .txt to .doc in a directory. So if I have a directory called "folder1" and two files contained in it called "file1.txt" and "file2.txt",... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TeddyP
7 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Matlab help! Reading in a file with a variable filename

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I want to read in a file, and plot the data in matlab. However, I do not like hardwiring filenames into my codes, so I always give the user the option to specify what the filename is. I am pretty inexperienced with matlab, so I have no... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ds7202
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in reading a filename

Hi Guys, I have the following input. test_junk_file__20120210092009.txt latest_file__20120210092009.txt side_load_junk_file__20120210092009.txt I need to exclude the timestamp part from the file. so, the output should be as follows. test_junk_file.txt latest_file.txt... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading filename in nested directories

Hi all, I have some directory structure as $ls -ltr drwxr-xr-x 1 mscprod us_msc 512 May 10 08:34 650 drwxr-xr-x 1 mscprod us_msc 512 May 10 08:51 652 drwxr-xr-x 1 mscprod us_msc 512 May 10 08:51 640 drwxr-xr-x 1 mscprod us_msc512 May 10 09:13 654 $ cd 650/ $ls fileabc.root and within... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
7 Replies

10. Open Source

Splitting files using awk and reading filename value from input data

I have a process that requires me to read data from huge log files and find the most recent entry on a per-user basis. The number of users may fluctuate wildly month to month, so I can't code for it with names or a set number of variables to capture the data, and the files are large so I don't... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
7 Replies
CSV(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  CSV(3pm)

NAME
Class::CSV - Class based CSV parser/writer SYNOPSIS
use Class::CSV; my $csv = Class::CSV->parse( filename => 'test.csv', fields => [qw/item qty sub_total/] ); foreach my $line (@{$csv->lines()}) { $line->sub_total('$'. sprintf("%0.2f", $line->sub_total())); print 'Item: '. $line->item(). " ". 'Qty: '. $line->qty(). " ". 'SubTotal: '. $line->sub_total(). " "; } my $cvs_as_string = $csv->string(); $csv->print(); my $csv = Class::CSV->new( fields => [qw/userid username/], line_separator => " "; ); $csv->add_line([2063, 'testuser']); $csv->add_line({ userid => 2064, username => 'testuser2' }); DESCRIPTION
This module can be used to create objects from CSV files, or to create CSV files from objects. Text::CSV_XS is used for parsing and creating CSV file lines, so any limitations in Text::CSV_XS will of course be inherant in this module. EXPORT None by default. METHOD
CONSTRUCTOR parse the parse constructor takes a hash as its paramater, the various options that can be in this hash are detailed below. Required Options o fields - an array ref containing the list of field names to use for each row. there are some reserved words that cannot be used as field names, there is no checking done for this at the moment but it is something to be aware of. the reserved field names are as follows: "string", "set", "get". also field names cannot contain whitespace or any characters that would not be allowed in a method name. Source Options (only one of these is needed) o filename - the path of the CSV file to be opened and parsed. o filehandle - the file handle of the CSV file to be parsed. o objects - an array ref of objects (e.g. Class::DBI objects). for this to work properly the field names provided in fields needs to correspond to the field names of the objects in the array ref. o classdbi_objects - depreciated use objects instead - using classdbi_objects will still work but its advisable to update your code. Optional Options o line_separator - the line seperator to be included at the end of every line. defaulting to " " (unix carriage return). new the new constructor takes a hash as its paramater, the same options detailed in parse apply to new however no Source Options can be used. this constructor creates a blank CSV object of which lines can be added via add_line. ACCESSING lines returns an array ref containing objects of each CSV line (made via Class::Accessor). the field names given upon construction are available as accessors and can be set or get. for more information please see the notes below or the perldoc for Class::Accessor. the lines accessor is also able to be updated/retrieved in the same way as individual lines fields (examples below). Example retrieving the lines: my @lines = @{$csv->lines()}; removing the first line: pop @lines; $csv->lines(@lines); sorting the lines: @lines = sort { $a->userid() <=> $b->userid() } @lines: $csv->lines(@lines); sorting the lines (all-in-one way): $csv->lines([ sort { $a->userid() <=> $b->userid() } @{$csv->lines()} ]); Retrieving a fields value there is two ways to retrieve a fields value (as documented in Class::Accessor). firstly you can call the field name on the object and secondly you can call "get" on the object with the field name as the argument (multiple field names can be specified to retrieve an array of values). examples are below. my $value = $line->test(); OR my $value = $line->get('test'); OR my @values = $line->get(qw/test test2 test3/); Setting a fields value setting a fields value is simmilar to getting a fields value. there are two ways to set a fields value (as documented in Class::Accessor). firstly you can simply call the field name on the object with the value as the argument or secondly you can call "set" on the object with a hash of fields and their values to set (this isn't standard in Class::Accessor, i have overloaded the "set" method to allow this). examples are below. $line->test('123'); OR $line->set( test => '123' ); OR $line->set( test => '123', test2 => '456' ); Retrieving a line as a string to retrieve a line as a string simply call "string" on the object. my $string = $line->string(); new_line returns a new line object, this can be useful for to "splice" a line into lines (see example below). you can pass the values of the line as an ARRAY ref or a HASH ref. Example my $line = $csv->new_line({ userid => 123, domainname => 'splicey.com' }); my @lines = $csv->lines(); splice(@lines, 1, 0, $line); OR splice(@{$csv->lines()}, 1, 0, $csv->new_line({ userid => 123, domainname => 'splicey.com' })); add_line adds a line to the lines stack. this is mainly useful when the new constructor is used but can of course be used with any constructor. it will add a new line to the end of the lines stack. you can pass the values of the line as an ARRAY ref or a HASH ref. examples of how to use this are below. Example $csv->add_line(['house', 100000, 4]); $csv->add_line({ item => 'house', cost => 100000, bedrooms => 4 }); OUTPUT string returns the object as a string (CSV file format). print calls "print" on string (prints the CSV to STDOUT). SEE ALSO
Text::CSV_XS, Class::Accessor AUTHOR
David Radunz, <david@boxen.net> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2004 by David Radunz This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.0 2007-02-08 CSV(3pm)