Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers run a perl.script upon receiving an email in Sendmail Post 302334576 by manustone on Thursday 16th of July 2009 03:21:54 AM
Old 07-16-2009
run a perl.script upon receiving an email in Sendmail

Hi All
I am newbie with Sendmail and Linux in general. We use sendmail for outgoing and incoming mails.
Once our server receives a certain email xxx@yyy.com we would
like to run a PERL script doing some task wiht it.

Can you address me a little bit on that topic?

In order to do that the incoming email should have some
specific format?

Does exist some language for handling events in sendmail?
Kind Regards
ManuStone

Last edited by manustone; 07-16-2009 at 11:18 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check sendmail is not receiving any emails

Hi all, Need some advise again. I am new to sendmail service which is already configured by some other administrators. I would need to write a script to check whether sendmail service is enabled in Solaris and Linux. Using this command "ps -ef | grep sendmail | grep -v grep". Or is there... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kinki
6 Replies

2. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

not receiving email

I've requested several passwords and they are not being sent to my email. My email is working - email address removed (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyz
2 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Not Receiving Activation Email

I've tried suggestions from previous threads sending an activation email several times. I'm not sure if email server is blocking domain name. What is the domain name of the activation email...unix.com? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BigSky
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Sendmail fails receiving mail since the IP changed on Redhat Server

Hi, Since i move my Linux Redhat server on another Network with new IP address. WE'RE ABLE TO SEND MAIL OUTSIDE BUT we can not receive any incoming mail. It alway points to the old IP. I updated new IP in /etc/hosts and /etc/sysconfig/network then reboot the system. 10.117.32.20 is an old ip... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Receiving 'ambiguous redirect' when trying to run command against multiple files

I came across the command string on https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/141885-awk-removing-data-before-after-pattern.html which was what I was looking for to be able to remove data before a certain pattern. However, outputting the result to a file seems to work on an individual basis... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: HLee1981
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a script when I receive an email

Hi expert I wish to start a shell script when I receive an email. I modified the aliases file and I add this string as400nag: "|/home/nag-script/startstop/AS400-Boot.sh The solution works . When the as400nag user receive an email the /home/nag-script/startstop/AS400-Boot.sh starts .but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: emi65
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email IDs added to .mailrc aliases not receiving mails

hi, I added an email id to a list of existing aliases in .mailrc on my unix box, using vi editor. However, the new id has not been receiving any mails from the box. Kindly help as to what needs to be done here. Does the box need to be rebooted for these changes to reflect? Is there any other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwerty000
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl

Linux System having all Perl, Python, PHP (and Ruby) installed From a Shell script, can call a Perl, Python, PHP (or Ruby ?) file eg eg a Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl or/and Python file??? Like #!/usr/bin/bash .... .... case $INPUT_STRING... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hoyanet
1 Replies
SENDMAILCONFIG(8)					      System Manager's Manual						 SENDMAILCONFIG(8)

NAME
sendmailconfig - configure sendmail for Debian systems SYNOPSIS
sendmailconfig [--no-reload] DESCRIPTION
sendmailconfig is used to simplify the configuration of sendmail(8) for use on Debian systems. In the simplest case, you may run this program to (re)configure sendmail for your Debian system at any time. It will modify the file /etc/mail/sendmail.mc in order to create a working sendmail configuration which will be written to the file /etc/mail/sendmail.cf. For advanced configurations, you can modify the sendmail.mc file before generating sendmail.cf. Future invokations of sendmailconfig will preserve these changes provided they are made at the end of the file. Normally sendmailconfig will ask if you want to reload sendmail after making changes to its configuration. The --no-reload option will avoid this question. FILES
/etc/mail/sendmail.mc sendmail m4 input to generate sendmail.cf /etc/mail/sendmail.cf actual sendmail configuration file /etc/mail/sendmail.cw names for which we will accept mail in the standard configuration /etc/mail/sendmail.ct names of trusted users in the standard configuration SEE ALSO
sendmail(8) AUTHOR
Robert Leslie <rob@mars.org> 21-Jan-1997 SENDMAILCONFIG(8)