Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..? Post 302334572 by laknar on Thursday 16th of July 2009 03:12:57 AM
Old 07-16-2009
How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Monitor CPU usage and Memory Usage

how can i monitor usages of CPU, Memory, Hard disk etc. under SUN Solaries through a c program or java program i want to store that data into database so i can show it graphically thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gajanad Bihani
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate Memory and CPU Usage on AIX

I have written a script that will calculate CPU usage and Memory usage of a particular process on AIX Unix. I know the PID and I am using the command -- # for CPU Usage MSG_CPU_USG=`ps uax | grep ${PID} | awk {'print $3'}` #for Memory Usage MSG_MEM_USG=`ps uax | grep ${PID} | awk {'print... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
0 Replies

3. Programming

CPU usage and memory usage

Please tell me solaris functions/api for getting following information 1- Function that tells how much memory used by current process 2- Function that tells how much memory used by all running processes 3- Function that tells how much CPU is used by current process 4- Function that tells how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
1 Replies

4. AIX

Which tools can show the AIX CPU, Memory and I/O usage?

If somebody knows there are some tools can show how many CPU, memory useage on AIX and can automatically send email? Such as when setup if CPU is used over 80%, send alert by email automatically. Maybe BMC has this tool? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
6 Replies

5. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

6. Solaris

current CPU usage, memory usage, disk I/O oid(snmp)

Hi, I want to monitor the current cpu usage, monitor usage , disk I/o and network utlization for solaris using SNMP. I want the oids for above tasks. can you please tell me that Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How often should I monitor the CPU and memory usage ?

Hi all, When you monitor the CPU and memory usage, how often do you do it ? Do it too often or too rarely will both cause the problem. So does anyone have hand-on experience ? And for my case, the requirement says that when CPU usage is above X% or memory usage is above Y%, I should reject... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: qiulang
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to display the space usage (memory usage) of a specific directory.

Hi all, Can you please tell me the command, with which one can know the amount of space a specific directory has used. df -k . ---> Displays, the amount of space allocated, and used for a directory. du -k <dir name> - gives me the memory used of all the files inside <dir> But i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
2 Replies

9. AIX

Memory usage in AIX server

Hi All, I have some questions regarding the performance, MEMORY/ Virtual Memory (paging /swap space) Please see the nmon-MEMORY stats from my AIX LPAR. 24 GB --> RAM 3456 MB --> Paging Space │ Memory ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────── │... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory usage per user,percent usage,sytem time in ksh

Let's say i have 20 users logged on Server. How can I know how much memory percent used each of them is using with system time in each user? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy1912
2 Replies
chfsets(8)						      System Manager's Manual							chfsets(8)

NAME
chfsets - Changes limits for fileset quotas SYNOPSIS
/sbin/chfsets [-F limit] [-f limit] [-B limit] [-b limit] domain [fileset...] OPTIONS
Specifies the file usage soft limit (quota) of the fileset. Specifies the file usage hard limit (quota) of the fileset. Specifies the block usage soft limit (quota) in 1K blocks of the fileset. Specifies the block usage hard limit (quota) in 1K blocks of the fileset. OPERANDS
Specifies the name of the file domain. Specifies the name of one or more filesets. DESCRIPTION
The chfsets command enables you to change fileset quotas (file usage limits and block usage limits) of any AdvFS fileset. Filesets can have both soft and hard disk storage and file limits. When a hard limit is reached, no more disk space allocations or file creations which would exceed the limit are allowed. The soft limit may be exceeded for a period of time (called the grace period). The grace periods for the soft limits are set with the edquota command. The command also displays the changes made to the file and block usage limits. Note that the root user can exceed fileset quotas. The chfsets command displays the following fileset information: Id A unique number (in hexadecimal format) that identifies a file domain and fileset. File H limit The file usage hard limit of the specified fileset before the change followed by the new limit. Block H limit The block usage hard limit of the specified fileset before the change followed by the new limit. File S limit The file usage soft limit of the specified fileset before the change followed by the new limit. Block S limit The block usage soft limit of the specified fileset before the change followed by the new limit. Use the following commands to manipulate filesets: Displays the limits and actual number of blocks used by a fileset. Displays space usage for the specified domain. Displays the file and block usage limits for the filesets in a domain. Changes the user or group block and file limits and grace period. Turns on and off quota enforcement. For more information, see the reference pages for each command. RESTRICTIONS
At least one fileset within the domain must be mounted for the chfsets command to succeed. You must be the root user to run the chfsets command. EXAMPLES
The following example changes the file hard limit from 11 to 200 and block hard limit from 121 to 1000 for the credit_fs fileset in the account_dmn domain: # chfsets -b 1000 -f 200 account_dmn credit_fs credit_fs Id : 2c2f557f.000b15f4.3.8004 File H limit : 11 --> 200 Block H limit : 121 --> 1000 EXIT STATUS
The utility returns a 0 (zero) on success and a 1 (one) on failure. SEE ALSO
Commands: df(1), edquota(8), quotaon(8), quotaoff(8), showfdmn(8), showfsets(8) chfsets(8)