Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: T2000 RAID Question
Operating Systems Solaris T2000 RAID Question Post 302334531 by achenle on Wednesday 15th of July 2009 08:45:21 PM
Old 07-15-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by seg
A working LSI raid utility would be great. If someone has a link please provide it. In my experience I've had to create T2000 RAIDs from the OK prompt and the process does destroy all data plus it changes the drive size so each drive must be re-labeled after the procedure. It's been over a year since I've had to do that so newer releases might not be so crappy.
LSI support link:

LSI7204XP-LC : Fibre Channel HBAs : Host Bus Adapters : Products : Storage : LSI

The link for "LSI Util" is at the bottom, under "Miscellaneous". It's a pretty simple command-line program, but it's also pretty powerful and given some of the commands you can run I'd bet it's more than capable of bricking your RAID controller.

FWIW, I tried it on an LSI 3041X that I have installed in a Supermicro box, and I can find any option that allows me to create a RAID mirror in a non-destructive manner. Yet, I know i've done that many times on LSI RAID controllers.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

RS6000 SSA Raid question

Hi Can I add disks on the fly to extend the capacity of an existing RAID 5 volume? It's created on a 4P Advanced SSA Raid Adapter. I need to extend a volume group, so I figured it would be easiest to extend the "physical disk" which is a RAID5 volume. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: osee
1 Replies

2. Solaris

X4100 Bios RAID question

Hi there the Sunfire X4100 has a great tool that you can get to from BIOS called the configuration utility which allows you to set up Disk mirroring (RAID 1) before the OS sees it, which is great and it works a treat, however, we have a large datacentre across multiuple sites and I need to find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How to setup hardware RAID on a T2000

Hello all We've just bought a T2000. It has two disks and I'm trying to figure out how to create a mirror of the boot disk. I understand that I have to boot into single user mode from DVD and then use the raidctl command to set up the mirror and label the volume afterwards. Format returns... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
4 Replies

4. Solaris

T2000 Hardware RAID

Hi, I have a root with hardware RAID on c0t0d0 and c0t2d0. I would like to set the boot device sequence in OBP for both hdds. I have checked in ls -l /dev/rdsk/ for the path of c0t2d0 but it does not exist. Can anyone shed some lights on this? AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS: 0.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: honmin
12 Replies

5. SuSE

openSuse 11.1 RAID 0 Question

Hello, I have a file server running openSuse 11.1, that has two HDDs running in RAID 0 (mirroring) using the md software RAID linux driver. I was considering removing this RAID, using one of the drives as the OS and the other as a data drive. Is there any way to stop using this as a RAID set to do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vwgtiturbo
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Raid problem on T2000

Hi all, First post so be gentile :) It's my first time installing Solaris on T2000 server. I have 2 72GB HD's on it. After configuring HW raid and running raidctl command I get this output: bash-3.00# raidctl -l c0t0d0 Volume Size Stripe Status Cache RAID ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Obi-Wan
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun T2000 question

This may be a stupid question, but I don't want to take any chances. I have a Sun T2000 in production. I want to run the "resetsc" command on the ALOM controller to active an IP address change. Will resetting ALOM affect the running OS? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
2 Replies

8. Hardware

Hardware RAID on Sun T2000 Server

Hi All I have a Sun T2000 server. Couple of years ago I had configured and mirrored the boot drive with an other drive using hardware RAID 1 using raidctl command. Following is the hardware RAID output. root@oracledatabaseserver / $ raidctl RAID Volume RAID RAID Disk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RAID on Solaris Question

Hello folks; I'm trying to install Solaris 10 x86 on SUN X4150 box with 6 disks in it, the question is how can i create a Virtual disk like RAID 0 before i install Solaris. When i boot up i don't see any option to go and create my raid before the installation begin. Thanks in advance for any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Sun V240 Raid Question

Hi All, I'm new to this site. I have a few question since I'm in the process how to to repair my raid on Sun V240 Server. 1. How can we create RAID in Sun Sparc v240? 2. What utility can help people create RAID in Sun Sparc v240? 3. Do we need any special software to create the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: angkor
12 Replies
AAC(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    AAC(4)

NAME
aac -- Adaptec AdvancedRAID Controller driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device pci device aac device aacp To compile in debugging code: options AAC_DEBUG=N Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): aac_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The aac driver provides support for the Adaptec AAC family of SCSI Ultra2, Ultra160, and Ultra320, SATA and SAS RAID controllers. Access to RAID containers is available via the /dev/aacd? device nodes. The aacp device enables the SCSI pass-thru interface and allows devices connected to the card such as CD-ROMs to be available via the CAM scsi(4) subsystem. Note that not all cards allow this interface to be enabled. The /dev/aac? device nodes provide access to the management interface of the controller. One node exists per installed card. The aliases /dev/afa? and /dev/hpn? exist for compatibility with the Dell and HP versions of management tools, respectively. If the kernel is compiled with the COMPAT_LINUX option, or the aac_linux.ko and linux.ko modules are loaded, the Linux-compatible ioctl(2) interface for the management device will be enabled and will allow Linux-based management applications to control the card. HARDWARE
Controllers supported by the aac driver include: o Adaptec AAC-364 o Adaptec RAID 2045 o Adaptec RAID 2405 o Adaptec RAID 2445 o Adaptec RAID 2805 o Adaptec RAID 3085 o Adaptec RAID 31205 o Adaptec RAID 31605 o Adaptec RAID 5085 o Adaptec RAID 51205 o Adaptec RAID 51245 o Adaptec RAID 51605 o Adaptec RAID 51645 o Adaptec RAID 52445 o Adaptec RAID 5405 o Adaptec RAID 5445 o Adaptec RAID 5805 o Adaptec SAS RAID 3405 o Adaptec SAS RAID 3805 o Adaptec SAS RAID 4000SAS o Adaptec SAS RAID 4005SAS o Adaptec SAS RAID 4800SAS o Adaptec SAS RAID 4805SAS o Adaptec SATA RAID 2020SA ZCR o Adaptec SATA RAID 2025SA ZCR o Adaptec SATA RAID 2026ZCR o Adaptec SATA RAID 2410SA o Adaptec SATA RAID 2420SA o Adaptec SATA RAID 2610SA o Adaptec SATA RAID 2620SA o Adaptec SATA RAID 2810SA o Adaptec SATA RAID 2820SA o Adaptec SATA RAID 21610SA o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2020ZCR o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2025ZCR o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2120S o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2130S o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2130SLP o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2230SLP o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2200S o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2240S o Adaptec SCSI RAID 3230S o Adaptec SCSI RAID 3240S o Adaptec SCSI RAID 5400S o Dell CERC SATA RAID 2 o Dell PERC 2/Si o Dell PERC 2/QC o Dell PERC 3/Si o Dell PERC 3/Di o Dell PERC 320/DC o HP ML110 G2 (Adaptec SATA RAID 2610SA) o HP NetRAID 4M o IBM ServeRAID 8i o IBM ServeRAID 8k o IBM ServeRAID 8s o ICP RAID ICP5045BL o ICP RAID ICP5085BL o ICP RAID ICP5085SL o ICP RAID ICP5125BR o ICP RAID ICP5125SL o ICP RAID ICP5165BR o ICP RAID ICP5165SL o ICP RAID ICP5445SL o ICP RAID ICP5805BL o ICP RAID ICP5805SL o ICP ICP5085BR SAS RAID o ICP ICP9085LI SAS RAID o ICP ICP9047MA SATA RAID o ICP ICP9067MA SATA RAID o ICP ICP9087MA SATA RAID o ICP ICP9014RO SCSI RAID o ICP ICP9024RO SCSI RAID o Legend S220 o Legend S230 o Sun STK RAID REM o Sun STK RAID EM o SG-XPCIESAS-R-IN o SG-XPCIESAS-R-EX o AOC-USAS-S4i o AOC-USAS-S8i o AOC-USAS-S4iR o AOC-USAS-S8iR o AOC-USAS-S8i-LP o AOC-USAS-S8iR-LP FILES
/dev/aac? aac management interface /dev/aacd? disk/container interface DIAGNOSTICS
Compiling with AAC_DEBUG set to a number between 0 and 3 will enable increasingly verbose debug messages. The adapter can send status and alert messages asynchronously to the driver. These messages are printed on the system console, and are also queued for retrieval by a management application. SEE ALSO
kld(4), linux(4), scsi(4), kldload(8) HISTORY
The aac driver first appeared in FreeBSD 4.3. AUTHORS
Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.org> Scott Long <scottl@FreeBSD.org> BUGS
This driver is not compatible with Dell controllers that have version 1.x firmware. The firmware version is the same as the kernel version printed in the BIOS POST and driver attach messages. The controller is not actually paused on suspend/resume. BSD
July 10, 2009 BSD