Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Using the Raw command
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Using the Raw command Post 302334512 by nov_user on Wednesday 15th of July 2009 06:47:06 PM
Old 07-15-2009
Question Using the Raw command

Hi,

What is a Raw command and how does it work? We have to print out a large report from our database numerically and wanted to know how it can be done.

Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

raw partitions

i want to know, how do i to create a rwa partttions in unixware 7 wit raid 5 best regards felix arteaga (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: farteaga
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Raw vs. Filesystem?

Maybe this is the wrong forum to start this debate and I apologize if it is, but I have been wondering for some time which is better to use for a database, raw or filesystem? By better I mean don't just mean better performance but also ease of maintenance, etc. I know that several years ago it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: keelba
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

raw disk

What do u mean by raw and cooked disk? What are the advantages of having raw disk? Thanks n regards, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingsto88
1 Replies

4. AIX

Raw I/o

Is there any system call available in AIX to read the size of raw disk? If I use the command "lspv -L",it only gives size of PVs on which file system is there. I need to extract the size raw disk i.e. file system is not there on the disk. Thanks, Megha (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MeghaV
6 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Raw volumes

The query is as follows : A typical server configs when using Oracle or any other type of DB is to install the OS + DB binaries on the internal disks of the relevant server e.g. Disk 1 : OS + SW + DB binaries Disk 2 : Mirror of disk 1 (used for resiliency) Then one uses an external array... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kekanap
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Command to format Oracle ASM raw disk

Hi, Can any one please provide the command to format an Oracle Raw Disk in Solaris 10. I have been used the following commands: dd if=/dev/zero of=<raw disk path> Thanks ---------- Post updated at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous update was at 10:11 AM ---------- Well this didn't give... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Raw Devices

Can you please modify my script. This script is not working for i in /dev/sdf do /bin/raw /dev/raw/`/bin/basename ${i}` ${i} /bin/sleep 2 /bin/chown orasm:ordba /dev/raw/`/bin/basename ${i}` /bin/chmod 660... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik9358
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Specify the raw format

Hey friends, i am trying to set up a raspbian wheezy vm on ma Unbuntu using qemu. when i try to run the setup command the error is: i tried to find something here in the forum but did not find anything. i was searching like 15 min pls dont roast me if there is a post explaining it. :)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxPlayer1809
3 Replies
Driver-Specific modes(3)					      BrlAPI						  Driver-Specific modes(3)

NAME
Driver-Specific modes - Raw and Suspend Modes mechanism. Functions int BRLAPI_STDCALL brlapi_enterRawMode (const char *driver) int BRLAPI_STDCALL brlapi__enterRawMode (brlapi_handle_t *handle, const char *driver) int BRLAPI_STDCALL brlapi_leaveRawMode (void) int BRLAPI_STDCALL brlapi__leaveRawMode (brlapi_handle_t *handle) ssize_t BRLAPI_STDCALL brlapi_sendRaw (const void *buffer, size_t size) ssize_t BRLAPI_STDCALL brlapi__sendRaw (brlapi_handle_t *handle, const void *buffer, size_t size) ssize_t BRLAPI_STDCALL brlapi_recvRaw (void *buffer, size_t size) ssize_t BRLAPI_STDCALL brlapi__recvRaw (brlapi_handle_t *handle, void *buffer, size_t size) int BRLAPI_STDCALL brlapi_suspendDriver (const char *driver) int BRLAPI_STDCALL brlapi__suspendDriver (brlapi_handle_t *handle, const char *driver) int BRLAPI_STDCALL brlapi_resumeDriver (void) int BRLAPI_STDCALL brlapi__resumeDriver (brlapi_handle_t *handle) Detailed Description If the application wants to directly talk to the braille terminal, it should use Raw Mode. In this special mode, the driver gives the whole control of the terminal to it: brltty doesn't work any more. For this, it simply has to call brlapi_enterRawMode(), then brlapi_sendRaw() and brlapi_recvRaw(), and finally give control back thanks to brlapi_leaveRawMode(). Special care of the terminal should be taken, since one might completely trash the terminal's data, or even lock it! The application should always check for terminal's type thanks to brlapi_getDriverName(). The client can also make brltty close the driver by using brlapi_suspendDriver(), and resume it again with brlapi_resumeDriver(). This should not be used if possible: raw mode should be sufficient for any use. If not, please ask for features :) Function Documentation int BRLAPI_STDCALL brlapi__enterRawMode (brlapi_handle_t *handle, const char *driver) int BRLAPI_STDCALL brlapi__leaveRawMode (brlapi_handle_t *handle) ssize_t BRLAPI_STDCALL brlapi__recvRaw (brlapi_handle_t *handle, void *buffer, size_tsize) int BRLAPI_STDCALL brlapi__resumeDriver (brlapi_handle_t *handle) ssize_t BRLAPI_STDCALL brlapi__sendRaw (brlapi_handle_t *handle, const void *buffer, size_tsize) int BRLAPI_STDCALL brlapi__suspendDriver (brlapi_handle_t *handle, const char *driver) int BRLAPI_STDCALL brlapi_enterRawMode (const char *driver) Switch to Raw mode Parameters: driver Specifies the name of the driver for which the raw communication will be established. Returns: 0 on success, -1 on error int BRLAPI_STDCALL brlapi_leaveRawMode (void) Leave Raw mode Returns: 0 on success, -1 on error ssize_t BRLAPI_STDCALL brlapi_recvRaw (void *buffer, size_tsize) Get Raw data Parameters: buffer points on a buffer where the function will store the received data; size holds the buffer size. Returns: its size, -1 on error or signal interruption int BRLAPI_STDCALL brlapi_resumeDriver (void) Resume braille driver Returns: -1 on error ssize_t BRLAPI_STDCALL brlapi_sendRaw (const void *buffer, size_tsize) Send Raw data Parameters: buffer points on the data; size holds the packet size. Returns: size on success, -1 on error int BRLAPI_STDCALL brlapi_suspendDriver (const char *driver) Suspend braille driver Parameters: driver Specifies the name of the driver which will be suspended. Returns: -1 on error Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for BrlAPI from the source code. Version 1.0 Fri Jun 7 2013 Driver-Specific modes(3)