Sponsored Content
UNIX Standards and Benchmarks UNIX & LINUX Benchmarks (Version 3.11) UNIX Benchmarks FreeBSD 7.2 build kernel benchmarks Post 302334465 by Success_Tree on Wednesday 15th of July 2009 03:52:23 PM
Old 07-15-2009
Tools FreeBSD 7.2 build kernel benchmarks

Just for fun:
CPU/Speed: 2x AMD Opteron Model 2384 (2.7GHz/512KB) quad core processor
Ram: 4 x2GB ECC DDR2-667 single rank memory

in RAID 0 mode (strip 128KB, Read Caching enabled, Write Caching disabled) with 2 HDD, CPUTYPE=opteron, CFLAGS= -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe, CXXFLAGS+= -fconserve-space

Quote:
linking kernel.debug
text data bss dec hex filename
7269549 734623 371004 8375176 7fcb88 kernel.debug
objcopy --only-keep-debug kernel.debug kernel.symbols
objcopy --strip-debug --add-gnu-debuglink=kernel.symbols kernel.debug kernel
--------------------------------------------------------------
>>> Kernel build for SUNPAE completed on Tue Jun 30 10:44:44 CDT 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------
205.268u 25.273s 1:01.01 377.8% 6307+1041k 2910+1805io 193pf+0w

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. BSD

Need help on Kernel Configuration for FreeBSD

Does anyone know how to enter the Kernel Configuration program in FreeBSD before installation to resolve conflicts of hardware?:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Enoch Chan
3 Replies

2. BSD

build kernel ,question?

# cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf # cp GENERIC LOVEPP # cd /usr/src # make buildkernel KERNCONF=LOVEPP make:don't know how to make buildkernel. Stop Any suggestions? (I am using Freebsd4.8) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheep
2 Replies

3. SCO

Installation error for Kernel Re-build

Hi All, While installing a Service Pack on my Unix Solaris machine, i got the following error: UX:acomp: ERROR: "space.c", line 16: undefined symbol: CHROOT_SECURITY UX:acomp: ERROR: "space.c", line 16: non-constant initializer: op "NAME" UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Compile/link of 'Driver_atup.o... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: am_yadav
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to read freebsd kernel source?

I got the freebsd kernel source from the first install CD(in directory:\7.0-RELEASE\src\),isn't right? if so,how can i read it? Is there any tools? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zhouq3132
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to read freebsd kernel source?

I got the freebsd kernel source from the first install CD(in directory:\7.0-RELEASE\src\),isn't right? if so,how can i read it? Is there any tools? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhouq3132
4 Replies

6. BSD

FreeBSD - Kernel Queries/Issues

All, I am a bit of a BSD newbie and haven't really played with it for years, but I have had a recent situation whereby someone attempted to load a custom kernel module and ended up breaking my BSD server. I managed to fix it by doing the following: Booting into loader mode: unload set... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbabbers
3 Replies

7. UNIX Benchmarks

FreeBSD `buildkernel' and `buildworld' Benchmarks

Just for fun, I thought I'd post my output from `time make -j4 buildworld' and `time make -j4 buildkernel' and see if anyone else had any good times. The machine is an Intel Core2Duo 2.2GHz with 2048MB DDR3. -------------------------------------------------------------- >>> Kernel build... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glen.barber
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding SDK Build on Kernel Source Build

Hi, So I downloaded this kernel source and was able to build it successfully. But I want to add this SDK source code inside, can anyone help me how to do this? Note that the SDK source can be built by itself. I added the SDK in the main Makefile: init-y := init/ #added SDK... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
0 Replies

9. Linux

Create a bootable PXE image from build kernel source code

Hi, Can i just ask how I can create a bootable PXE image from the built kernel source. What files do I need to get? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
1 Replies
ECACCESS-FILE-SIZE(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    ECACCESS-FILE-SIZE(1p)

NAME
ecaccess-file-size - Show the Size of an ECaccess File SYNOPSIS
ecaccess-file-size -version|-help|-manual ecaccess-file-size [-debug] [-human] ecaccess-file DESCRIPTION
Allow showing the size of ecaccess-file (-1 for a directory). The ecaccess-file is in the form [domain:][/user-id/]path. Please read the "Shell commands -> File Management" section of the "ecaccess" guide for more information on the ECaccess File System. ARGUMENTS
ecaccess-file Then name of the ECaccess File to get the size. OPTIONS
-human Print size in human readable format (e.g. 234M). -version Display version number and exits. -help Print a brief help message and exits. -manual Prints the manual page and exits. -debug Display the SOAP messages exchanged. EXAMPLES
ecaccess-file-size bin/a.out Display the Size of the a.out File in the $HOME/bin directory of the authenticated user. SEE ALSO
ecaccess-file-delete, ecaccess-file-get, ecaccess-file-mget, ecaccess-file-modtime, ecaccess-file-mput, ecaccess-file-rmdir, ecaccess-file- copy, ecaccess-file-dir, ecaccess-file-mdelete, ecaccess-file-mkdir, ecaccess-file-move, ecaccess-file-put, ecaccess-file-chmod and ecaccess. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-16 ECACCESS-FILE-SIZE(1p)