Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Facing issue while using xsltproc tp parse XML in bash Post 302334325 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 15th of July 2009 08:57:59 AM
Old 07-15-2009
Can you provide an example of an xml file that is failing?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse a XML file using PERL and XML::DOm

I need to know the way. I have got parsing down some nodes. But I was unable to get the child node perfectly. If you have code please send it. It will be very useful for me. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girigopal
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

Facing an issue related to cronjob

Dear All, I am facing an issue related to cronjob and explained below is the case study: 1. I have a java class named "DmCheckRenditionQueue.java" and placed under "/cpc/documentum/product/5.2.5/tomcat/webapps/rendition" 2. When I am using the command "/usr/openv/java/jre/bin/java -cp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parindam
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to Parse XML from bash script

I am completely new to bash scripting and now need to write a bash script that would parse a XML file and take out values from specific tags. I tried using xsltproc, xml_grep commands. But the issue is that the XML i am trying to parse is not UTF 8. so those commands are unable to parse my XML's... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivashankar.g
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing problem in XML::parser module in PERL

HI, I have XML file which is having values as Spanish character (UTF-8 encoding). I am using XML::parser module but my code is not able to read those characters. I did goggling but not able to find suitable solution. Anybody please help me out. XML file having characters like: ñ I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jatanig
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing Issue after configuring logrotate

Hi, I have a logrotate configuration which rotates a log every night 1 min before midnight, but somehow its not working and unfortunately not showing any error message as well. Sharing the code for the cron job as well as the conf file, I am using, if some one coule help me..whats wrong with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neeryan
2 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

Facing Issue in Nagios 3.3

Hi, I have installed Nagios on Redhat Linux, I have installed Nagios+Plugins+NRPE on Server A (Host Server) and Nagios Plugins + nrpe on remote linux server (red hat linux) run the command on remote linux host, it returns nrpe version usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H localhost ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH script to parse XML and generate CSV

Hi All, Hope all you are doing good! Need your help. I have an XML file which needs to be converted CSV file. I am not an expert of awk/sed so your help is highly appreciated!! XML file looks like this: <l:event dateTime="2013-03-13 07:15:54.713" layerName="OSB" processName="ABC"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xsltproc showing error in parsing xml...help required

I need to parse text between xml tags using xsltproc. It seems the easiest way. Here the Input file looks like <?xml version="1.0" ?> - <tag:ROOT xmlns:as="http://some.org/some.xsd" xmlns:tag="http://www.tag.org/schemas" xmlns:xs="http://some.org/"> - <tag:L1> - <tag:L2> - <tag:L3> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alpha_1
2 Replies

9. SuSE

Facing issue configuring network

Please let me know how to configure network in suse Linux, I have configured the network using ifup and network manager, it is not giving any error but not working, using suse Linux 11.0 sp3 I have checked network connectivity is working. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Covert xml to csv using xsltproc in shell script

Hi, I am not familiar with shell scripting. Please help to convert xml files to csv files using xsltproc command in bash script. Find the xml sample <?xml version="1.0"?> -<Source xmlns="link"> <CompanyCd>DSP</CompanyCd> <SrcSysCd>DSPS</SrcSysCd> <CountryCd>45</CountryCd> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathina
2 Replies
libxslt(3)                                                   Library Functions Manual                                                   libxslt(3)

NAME
libxslt - library for transforming XML documents DESCRIPTION
The libxslt library is the XSLT library developed for the Gnome project. XSLT itself is a declarative language for transforming XML docu- ments into other XML documents, or arbitrary text output using a stylesheet. The libxslt library is based on libxml2 library developed for the Gnome project. It also implements most of the EXSLT set of processor- portable extensions functions and some of Saxon's evaluate and expressions extensions. FILES
/usr/lib/libxslt.so shared object library /usr/lib/libexslt.so shared object library /usr/bin/xsltproc command line XSLT processor /usr/bin/xslt-config binary application for printing library configuration /usr/include/libxslt header files /usr/share/lib/xml/style stylesheets AUTHORS
Daniel Veillard (daniel@veillard.com). SEE ALSO
xsltproc(1), xslt-config(1), libxml(3) NOTES
Source for libxslt is available in the SUNWlxslS package. Documentation for libxslt is available on-line at http://www.xmlsoft.org/XSLT. 17 Jul 2002 libxslt(3)