Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions How to Install Windows Xp on Network? Post 302334223 by pludi on Wednesday 15th of July 2009 04:45:25 AM
Old 07-15-2009
If you've got a license and lost your media, call Microsoft and ask if they can send you a replacement.
If you want to install it without using the CD-ROM: make sure your PCs support PXE, and look for RIS (Remote Installation Services) or WDS (Windows Deployment Services).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Install a network printer on Solaris

I want to reinstall a network printer (lexmark) on a solaris 8. I had that working but now I have a Windos message "no printer installed" I am a newbie... and hve no idea how to handle this situation. Thanks jose (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reda
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Unable to install the Network Card

Hi, After I installed Solaris 10 in the Intel platform (chipset 865*) network card was not detected, were shall I get this driver? iam new to Solaris. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pravin_2929
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Network Install Problems T2000

Hi I am trying to do a network install of Solaris 10 08_07 onto a Sunfire T2000. I have configured all my network-boot-arguments on the client server (named sundb1). I have installed my image of Solaris on my install server (sun1). But when I try to install using # boot net -s I get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bobby76
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

HPUX -- Network Install

I have a HP box (PA RISC) rp3440. The machine does not have a CD-ROM. I need to re-install the OS. Basically a network install... How did I do a network install? Anybody know of a document for Network Installs for a HPUX 11.23? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: truejack
1 Replies

5. Gentoo

Install over local network

hello all, anyone can point to some good basic tutorial/howto (independent, not specific to any distro) about how to install linux over LAN from one PC with working linux distro to another PC without cdrom and floppy-just over LAN? Thanks in advance ! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vampirex
2 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Install Windows 2003 R2 on existing Windows 2008

Hi, I am trying to install WIndows 2003 R2 Server on existing Windows 2008 server. When I run the 2003 cd it says no disk found. What can be the problem. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunnervarma
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Install Solaris 10 through network

Hi all, I got a Fujitsu P650 server running on Solaris 9 and we are going to re-install Solaris 10 . W have a build server in a different IP segment. So we setup a boot server and /etc/ethers and /etc/bootparams are all updated. When I issue boot net -install, I'm getting the following... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohzub
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install a network card

Hey guys, Sorry, this question might look stupid but I have no idea how to install a network card. My server is a Dell PowerEdge T105 with Debian 5.0 Lenny. My network card is a Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5722 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express. I've plugged the card innside my server and I can see... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
2 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Install over network

Hello, I have a desktop with ubuntu installed and i want to install ubuntu also to the laptop over network. I have an iso image of the ubuntu and i want to use this as install source. So i installed tftpd-hpa apache2 and dhcp3-server. mkdir /var/lib/tftpboot/ubuntu mount - o loop ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Using VM for Network Install Failing

If this question has been answered, please provide a link. We have several Old Solaris stations that don't have a DVD but a CD. We are required to upgrade the OS on these systems from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10, and since Solaris 10 no longer provides CD's we were thinking of doing a network... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wrongway
3 Replies
suninstall(1M)                                            System Administration Commands                                            suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)