Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find command return type
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find command return type Post 302334202 by kshji on Wednesday 15th of July 2009 04:18:48 AM
Old 07-15-2009
Posix-sh, ksh, bash, ...

look value of variable ? after commandline
echo $?
0=ok
<>0 not ok

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find . -type d -exec cd {} \;

Hi all Can anyone tell me why this is not working ? i saw somewhere that i must have serach (execute) permission which i have but it still wont work thx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shimont
2 Replies

2. Programming

Help - Cast converts default int return type

What does the warning message 724 "Cast converts default int return type to." tell me. I am new to C. (used it some in college). We are migrating our c-code to 10.2.0.3.0. The programs compiled clean. However there were several warning messages that kick out. The most prominent warning is: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rtgreen
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to pick up the Return Code ( RC) from the mailx command and return it to SAS uisng 's

Hi All, Can anyone please let me know the syntax / how to pick up the Return Code ( RC) from the mailx command and return it to SAS uisng 'system()' function and '${?}'. I am in a process to send the mail automatically with an attachment to bulk users. I have used 'Mailx' and 'Unencode'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas6
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to find the "unix machine type".

Hi all, Just need some help the following scenario, Is there any UNIX command to find the unix machine type (like whether the machine is belongs to Ssun ultra 45 type) like that .. please help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is the default return type of localtime() in perl?

Hi, I have given like this to get the time of the sub routine. my $start = localtime(); print "\n start time: $start \n"; Output start time: Fri Apr 29 01:01:31 2011 I want to know what is the format of the time. I am not able to follow is is HH:MM:SS or MM:HH:SS os... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command to filter specific type of files older than certain date.

Hi I need to find the list of files in a directory and to do some specific operations based on the type of files. suppose in a directory am having .dat , .log, .err, .rej file types. i need to filter out .dat and .log only which are older than six months. i used the below query but the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msathees
2 Replies

7. Programming

Struct as return type

Hello all, I am trying to define a function with return type as struct, but seem to be failing. Error I am receiving is following .CC error: prototype for 'RpcHOData L1ITMu::MBLTCollection::getUnassociatedHORpcClusters(double)' does not match any in class 'L1ITMu::MBLTCollection' struct... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emily
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

Find command doesn't return in shell script.

Hi All, I am using below snippet to search for a string (read from a file 'searchstring.out') in all locations (/) and then iterate over the files found to write the locations and the respective owner to an output file. However, this doesn't work as I believe the find command doesn't exit's... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vipin Batra
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trapping the return status from FIND command

I have the following code in a script: find . \( ! -name . -prune \) -name "cg*" -exec cp -p {} "${temp_dir}" \; ret_stat=$? I think the return status is only captured for the 'find' command and not for the 'cp' command. Is there a way to get the return status for the 'cp' command... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vskr72
7 Replies
Find(3) 						User Contributed Perl Documentation						   Find(3)

NAME
Module::Find - Find and use installed modules in a (sub)category SYNOPSIS
use Module::Find; # use all modules in the Plugins/ directory @found = usesub Mysoft::Plugins; # use modules in all subdirectories @found = useall Mysoft::Plugins; # find all DBI::... modules @found = findsubmod DBI; # find anything in the CGI/ directory @found = findallmod CGI; # set your own search dirs (uses @INC otherwise) setmoduledirs(@INC, @plugindirs, $appdir); # not exported by default use Module::Find qw(ignoresymlinks followsymlinks); # ignore symlinks ignoresymlinks(); # follow symlinks (default) followsymlinks(); DESCRIPTION
Module::Find lets you find and use modules in categories. This can be very useful for auto-detecting driver or plugin modules. You can differentiate between looking in the category itself or in all subcategories. If you want Module::Find to search in a certain directory on your harddisk (such as the plugins directory of your software installation), make sure you modify @INC before you call the Module::Find functions. FUNCTIONS
"setmoduledirs(@directories)" Sets the directories to be searched for modules. If not set, Module::Find will use @INC. If you use this function, @INC will not be included automatically, so add it if you want it. Set to undef to revert to default behaviour. "@found = findsubmod Module::Category" Returns modules found in the Module/Category subdirectories of your perl installation. E.g. "findsubmod CGI" will return "CGI::Session", but not "CGI::Session::File" . "@found = findallmod Module::Category" Returns modules found in the Module/Category subdirectories of your perl installation. E.g. "findallmod CGI" will return "CGI::Session" and also "CGI::Session::File" . "@found = usesub Module::Category" Uses and returns modules found in the Module/Category subdirectories of your perl installation. E.g. "usesub CGI" will return "CGI::Session", but not "CGI::Session::File" . "@found = useall Module::Category" Uses and returns modules found in the Module/Category subdirectories of your perl installation. E.g. "useall CGI" will return "CGI::Session" and also "CGI::Session::File" . "ignoresymlinks()" Do not follow symlinks. This function is not exported by default. "followsymlinks()" Follow symlinks (default behaviour). This function is not exported by default. HISTORY
0.01, 2004-04-22 Original version; created by h2xs 1.22 0.02, 2004-05-25 Added test modules that were left out in the first version. Thanks to Stuart Johnston for alerting me to this. 0.03, 2004-06-18 Fixed a bug (non-localized $_) by declaring a loop variable in use functions. Thanks to Stuart Johnston for alerting me to this and providing a fix. Fixed non-platform compatibility by using File::Spec. Thanks to brian d foy. Added setmoduledirs and updated tests. Idea shamelessly stolen from ...errm... inspired by brian d foy. 0.04, 2005-05-20 Added POD tests. 0.05, 2005-11-30 Fixed issue with bugfix in PathTools-3.14. 0.06, 2008-01-26 Module::Find now won't report duplicate modules several times anymore (thanks to Uwe Voelker for the report and the patch) 0.07, 2009-09-08 Fixed RT#38302: Module::Find now follows symlinks by default (can be disabled). 0.08, 2009-09-08 Fixed RT#49511: Removed Mac OS X extended attributes from distribution 0.09, 2010-02-26 Fixed RT#38302: Fixed META.yml generation (thanks very much to cpanservice for the help). 0.10, 2010-02-26 Fixed RT#55010: Removed Unicode BOM from Find.pm. 0.11, 2012-05-22 Fixed RT#74251: defined(@array) is deprecated under Perl 5.15.7. DEVELOPMENT NOTES
Please report any bugs using the CPAN RT system. The development repository for this module is hosted on GitHub: <http://github.com/crenz/Module-Find/>. SEE ALSO
perl AUTHOR
Christian Renz, <crenz@web42.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2004-2012 by Christian Renz <crenz@web42.com>. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2012-05-21 Find(3)