Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to find function name based on word search Post 302333758 by spc432 on Tuesday 14th of July 2009 03:34:34 AM
Old 07-14-2009
How to find function name based on word search

Just I want to display names of all the functions which are called "call Global Function1()".

so based on above file ( file1.txt) output should be

Code:

public function calculate1()
public function calculate2()
public function calculate3()

these functions are used to call
Code:
call Global Function1()

So please give me any idea how to proceed. I have basic knowlege of shell scripting.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search for hardlinks based on filename via find command

I am using command substitution into a find command in a script where I have built a menu to do a bunch of tasks within my unix account. When I choose the options for to find a file/files that have the same inode of the entered filename, ie hardlinks, nothing shows up. When I choose the appropiate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hunternjb
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using find command for timestamp based search

Hi, I am writing a script where i need to list all the files that have a scecific timestamp. I get this time stamp from another file. Is it possible to do this with 'find' command? Please let me know your valuable inputs. Thanks Sunny. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunny_03
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find EXACT word in files, just the word: no prefix, no suffix, no 'similar', just the word

I have a file that has the words I want to find in other files (but lets say I just want to find my words in a single file). Those words are IDs, so if my word is ZZZ4, outputs like aaZZZ4, ZZZ4bb, aaZZZ4bb, ZZ4, ZZZ, ZyZ4, ZZZ4.8 (or anything like that) WON'T BE USEFUL. I need the whole word... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chicchan
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to find date based on search string for continuesly updating file

Hi All, I am very new to UNIX and I have tried this for a longtime now and unable to crack it.... There is a file that is continuously updating. I need to search for the string and find the date @ which it updated every day..... eg: String is "work started" The log entry is as below: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nithz
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and copy files based on todays date and search for a particular string

Hi All, I am new to shell srcipting. Problem : I need to write a script which copy the log files from /prod/logs directory based on todays date like (Jul 17) and place it to /home/hzjnr0 directory and then search the copied logfiles for the string "@ending successfully on Thu Jul 17". If... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail.chiranjit
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for the word and exporting 35 characters after that word using shell script?

I have a file input.txt which have loads of weird characters, html tags and useful materials. I want to display 35 characters after the word description excluding weird characters like $$#$#@$#@***$# and without html tags in the new file output.txt. Help me. Thanx in advance. My final goal is to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachit adhikari
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a specific word and print only the word from the input file

Hi, I have a sample file as shown below, I am looking for sed or any command which prints the complete word only from the input file. Ex: $ cat "sample.log" I am searching for a word which is present in this file We can do a pattern search using grep but I need to cut only the word which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohan_kumarcs
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search for word in huge logfile and need to continue to print few lines from that line til find date

Guys i need an idea for one logic..in shell scripting am struggling with a logic...So the thing is... i need to search for a word in a huge log file and i need to continue to print few more lines from that line and the consecutive line has to end when it finds the line with date..because i know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prathi
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find string based on pattern and search for its corresponding rows in column

Experts, Need your support for this awk script. we have only one input file, all these column 1 and column 2 are in same file and have to do lookup for values in one file(column1 and column2) but output we need in another file Need to grep row whose string contains 9K from column 1. When found... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to search for a word in column header that fully matches the word not partially in awk?

I have a multicolumn text file with header in the first row like this The headers are stored in an array called . which contains I want to search for each elements of this array from that multicolumn text file. And I am using this awk approach for ii in ${hdr} do gawk -vcol="$ii" -F... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Atta
1 Replies
halibut(1)							   Simon Tatham 							halibut(1)

NAME
halibut - multi-format documentation formatting tool SYNOPSIS
halibut [options] file1.but [file2.but ...] DESCRIPTION
halibut reads the given set of input files, assembles them into a document, and outputs that document in one or more formats. The available command-line options can configure what formats Halibut should output in, and can also configure other things about the way Halibut works. OPTIONS
The command-line options supported by halibut are: --text[=filename] Makes Halibut generate an output file in plain text format. If the optional filename parameter is supplied, the output text file will be given that name. Otherwise, the name of the output text file will be as specified in the input files, or output.txt if none is specified at all. --html[=filename] Makes Halibut generate one or more output files in HTML format. If the optional filename parameter is supplied, there will be pre- cisely one HTML output file with that name, containing the whole document. Otherwise, there may be one or more than one HTML file produced as output; this, and the file names, will be as specified in the input files, or given a set of default names starting with Contents.html if none is specified at all. --winhelp[=filename] Makes Halibut generate an output file in Windows Help format. If the optional filename parameter is supplied, the output help file will be given that name. Otherwise, the name of the output help file will be as specified in the input files, or output.hlp if none is specified at all. The output help file must have a name ending in .hlp; if it does not, .hlp will be added. A secondary contents file will be created alongside the main help file, with the same name except that it will end in .cnt (for example output.cnt, if the main file is out- put.hlp). --man[=filename] Makes Halibut generate an output file in Unix man page format. If the optional filename parameter is supplied, the output man page will be given that name. Otherwise, the name of the output man page will be as specified in the input files, or output.1 if none is specified at all. --info[=filename] Makes Halibut generate an info file. If the optional filename parameter is supplied, the output info file will be given that name. Otherwise, the name of the output info file will be as specified in the input files, or output.info if none is specified at all. By default, unless configured otherwise using the cfg{info-max-file-size}{0} directive, the info output will be split into multiple files. The main file will have the name you specify; the subsidiary files will have suffixes -1, -2 etc. --pdf[=filename] Makes Halibut generate an output file in PDF format. If the optional filename parameter is supplied, the PDF output file will be given that name. Otherwise, the name of the output PDF file will be as specified in the input files, or output.pdf if none is speci- fied at all. --ps[=filename] Makes Halibut generate an output file in PostScript format. If the optional filename parameter is supplied, the PostScript output file will be given that name. Otherwise, the name of the output PostScript file will be as specified in the input files, or out- put.ps if none is specified at all. -Cword:word[:word...] Adds a configuration directive to the input processed by Halibut. Using this directive is exactly equivalent to appending an extra input file to the command line which contains the directive cfg{word}{word}{word...}. --input-charset=charset Changes the assumed character set for input files from the default of ASCII. --list-charsets Makes Halibut list character sets known to it. --list-fonts Makes Halibut list fonts known to it, either intrinsically or by being passed as input files. --precise Makes Halibut report the column number as well as the line number when it encounters an error in an input file. --help Makes Halibut display a brief summary of its command-line options. --version Makes Halibut report its version number. --licence Makes Halibut display its licence (MIT). MORE INFORMATION
For more information on Halibut, including full details of the input file format, look in the full manual. If this is not installed locally on your system, you can also find it at the Halibut web site: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/halibut/ BUGS
This man page isn't terribly complete. Halibut 2004-04-08 halibut(1)