Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Logical AND in shell commands Post 302333584 by Franklin52 on Monday 13th of July 2009 12:22:54 PM
Old 07-13-2009
Why do you call the command twice? Try this:

Code:
grep -e "LABEL" -e "EFIX FILES" -e "PACKAGER VERSION" -e "LOCATION" \
-e "PRE_REMOVE" -e "POST_REMOVE" file_name

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

KORN Shell - Spawn new shell with commands

I want to be able to run a script on one server, that will spawn another shell which runs some commands on another server.. I have seen some code that may help - but I cant get it working as below: spawn /usr/bin/ksh send "telnet x <port_no>\r" expect "Enter command: " send "LOGIN:x:x;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run unix commands in a new shell inside a shell script?

Hi , I am having one situation in which I need to run some simple unix commands after doing "chroot" command in a shell script. Which in turn creates a new shell. So scenario is that - I need to have one shell script which is ran as a part of crontab - in this shell script I need to do a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkapil
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to do logical AND and logical OR with grep

Hi can someone please help me on this. I need to perform this code: Grep any lines that meets the following criteria (A AND B) OR (A AND C) I tried this code, but it didn't work Grep-I "A &&B" | "A&&C" *.* $ thanks in advance (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Needhelp2
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can BASH execute commands on a remote server when the commands are embedded in shell

I want to log into a remote server transfer over a new config and then backup the existing config, replace with the new config. I am not sure if I can do this with BASH scripting. I have set up password less login by adding my public key to authorized_keys file, it works. I am a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to implement the logical express --- A(B+C) within single "if" statment in shell script?

On Linux OS, bash environment, I want implement the following code: if && ( || ) A,B,C represents some compare conditions. How to realize it ? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: qcmao
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

nested logical expression in bash shell

Please tell me how to nest logical expressions in bash. I would like to nest logical expressions for arguments of the "test" command on bash. The following pseudo-code shows my intention. // pseudo code if (exp1 AND (exp2 OR exp3)) { Output true; } else { Output false; } ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: LessNux
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logical expression in POSIX compliant Korn Shell

Hi, i want to check if a variable var1 is not a or b or c pseudo code: If NOT (var1 = a or var1 = b or var1 = c) then ... fi I want to use POSIX complaint Korn shell, and for string comparison For the following code, logical.sh #!/usr/bin/ksh var="j" echo "Var : $var" if ! { || ||... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysrini
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any shell or hack that makes the shell command line take vi commands?

basically i'm tired of hitting the left arrow a few dozen times when correcting a mistake or modifying a history command i'd like to use vim style key shortcuts while on the command line so that a 55 moves the cursor 55 places to the left... and i want all the other vi goodies, search of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marqul
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell grammar question: logical OR in test

Hi, I am trying to check if two input files exist before the rest of the scripts is run. Following is the code that I have but it gives me syntax error. if then echo "File not found" else echo "File found" fi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Logical OR in shell script

I have code as follows to perform some validations on C++ and Javascript files: if || || ; then However, when I want to add other extensions as well, say "py" or "sql", then the repeated OR starts to look contrived. I know I can use the -o operator to abbreviate the code a little bit, but... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
14 Replies
Mail::Mbox::MessageParser::Grep(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      Mail::Mbox::MessageParser::Grep(3pm)

NAME
Mail::Mbox::MessageParser::Grep - A GNU grep-based mbox folder reader SYNOPSIS
#!/usr/bin/perl use Mail::Mbox::MessageParser; my $filename = 'mail/saved-mail'; my $filehandle = new FileHandle($filename); my $folder_reader = new Mail::Mbox::MessageParser( { 'file_name' => $filename, 'file_handle' => $filehandle, 'enable_grep' => 1, } ); die $folder_reader unless ref $folder_reader; # Any newlines or such before the start of the first email my $prologue = $folder_reader->prologue; print $prologue; # This is the main loop. It's executed once for each email while(!$folder_reader->end_of_file()); { my $email = $folder_reader->read_next_email(); print $email; } DESCRIPTION
This module implements a GNU grep-based mbox folder reader. It can only be used when GNU grep is installed on the system. Users must not instantiate this class directly--use Mail::Mbox::MessageParser instead. The base MessageParser module will automatically manage the use of grep and non-grep implementations. METHODS AND FUNCTIONS The following methods and functions are specific to the Mail::Mbox::MessageParser::Grep package. For additional inherited ones, see the Mail::Mbox::MessageParser documentation. $ref = new( { 'file_name' => <mailbox file name>, 'file_handle' => <mailbox file handle> }); <file_name> - The full filename of the mailbox <file_handle> - An opened file handle for the mailbox The constructor for the class takes two parameters. The file_name parameter is the filename of the mailbox. The file_handle argument is the opened file handle to the mailbox. Returns a reference to a Mail::Mbox::MessageParser object, or a string describing the error. BUGS
No known bugs. Contact david@coppit.org for bug reports and suggestions. AUTHOR
David Coppit <david@coppit.org>. LICENSE
This software is distributed under the terms of the GPL. See the file "LICENSE" for more information. HISTORY
This code was originally part of the grepmail distribution. See http://grepmail.sf.net/ for previous versions of grepmail which included early versions of this code. SEE ALSO
Mail::Mbox::MessageParser perl v5.10.1 2009-08-09 Mail::Mbox::MessageParser::Grep(3pm)