Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to change CPU threshold high temperature Post 302333422 by DukeNuke2 on Monday 13th of July 2009 04:52:52 AM
Old 07-13-2009
are you trying to burn down the system? this temperature is out of the range for safe operation!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

E450 CPU temperature 80 degree F

Hi all, We are getting CPU warning temeratures sometimes and our server is shutdown at 80 degree F. We notice our server room temperature at 18 degree celcius . Our we have already cleaned dust from grills near CPU Fan . CPU fans are working (moving) . It is our experience that CPU... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitesh Shah
5 Replies

2. Solaris

CPU temperature

Hi all I have a SUN V480 server with 4 processores and I've noticed that the temperature for 2 of the 4 processers are quite high (63 degrees Celsius). Does anyone know what the operating temperatures of the Sparc CPU's are? I'm not getting any warning messages yet, but I want to resolve the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
3 Replies

3. Solaris

CPU Temperature Details

How to get a CPU temperature and current power consumption in T5220 server both from system controller and Operating system. I need details by cores. Thanks in advance. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
13 Replies

4. Solaris

How to read CPU temperature?

Hello all, I am using prtdiag -v command to find the temperature sensors . And i dont see the following o/p . ystem Configuration: Hewlett-Packard HP Z400 Workstation BIOS Configuration: Hewlett-Packard 786G3 v01.17 08/19/2009 ==== Processor Sockets ==================================== ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: b.preeya22
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

apache high cpu load on high traffic

i have a Intel Quad Core Xeon X3440 (4 x 2.53GHz, 8MB Cache, Hyper Threaded) with 16gig and 1tb harddrive with a 1gb port and my apache is causing my cpu to go up to 100% on all four cores heres my http.config <IfModule prefork.c> StartServers 10 MinSpareServers 10 MaxSpareServers 15... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: awww
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

what would a script include to find CPU's %system time high and user time high?

Hi , I am trying to :wall: my head while scripting ..I am really new to this stuff , never did it before :( . how to find cpu's system high time and user time high in a script?? thanks , help would be appreciated ! :) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushwey
9 Replies

7. Hardware

Max CPU temperature?

What is the max operating temperature for 'UltraSPARC IIIi 1 GHz' ? thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orange47
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

CPU is high

Hi , We found CPU is high due to python process .Is this something that Oracle team should look on or Unix team has to work on it ?Could you please advise use of python process ? top - 12:03:03 up 43 days, 15:11, 5 users, load average: 1.53, 1.33, 1.23 Tasks: 126 total, 3 running, 123... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
12 Replies

9. AIX

Determine threshold for CPU

I'm writing an application that should display whether a system is running “fine” (normal activity) or if it has reached a critical level and thus indicate through a graphical interface using a green-yellow-red color scheme. The server machines in question are running AIX (but it shouldn't differ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ttl_aix
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

High Memory threshold notification script

Hello Folks, I have created the script which use to send email notification when server memory breach the threshold limits. Script works fine, but the issue is sometimes i am receiving mail alerts for lower threshold memory also. Please let me know why and any updates required in script? ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: seenuvasan1985
7 Replies
Device::USB::PCSensor::HidTEMPer::Sensor(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	     Device::USB::PCSensor::HidTEMPer::Sensor(3pm)

Device::USB::PCSensor::HidTEMPer::Sensor - Generic sensor class

VERSION
Version 0.02 SYNOPSIS
None DESCRIPTION
This module contains a generic class that all HidTEMPer sensors should inherit from keeping the implemented methods consistent, and making it possible to use the same code to contact every supported device. CONSTANTS o MAX_TEMPERATURE The highest temperature(Celsius) this sensor can detect. o MIN_TEMPERATURE The lowest temperature(Celsius) this sensor can detect. METHODS o new( $device ) Generic initializing method, creating a sensor object. Input parameter $device = A pre-initialized Device::USB::PCSensor::HidTEMPer::Device that the sensor is connected to. This device will be used to handle communication. o fahrenheit() Reads the current temperature and returns the corresponding value in fahrenheit degrees. o max() Returns the highest temperature(Celsius) the sensor can detect. o min() Returns the lowest temperature(Celsius) the sensor can detect. o celsius() Empty method that should be implemented in each sensor, returing the current degrees in celsius. DEPENDENCIES
This module internally includes and takes use of the following packages: use Scalar::Util qw/ weaken /; This module uses the strict and warning pragmas. BUGS
Please report any bugs or missing features using the CPAN RT tool. FOR MORE INFORMATION
None AUTHOR
Magnus Sulland < msulland@cpan.org > ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
None COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright (c) 2010 Magnus Sulland This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2010-07-24 Device::USB::PCSensor::HidTEMPer::Sensor(3pm)