Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: multiple line parsing help
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers multiple line parsing help Post 302333389 by Ygor on Monday 13th of July 2009 01:41:42 AM
Old 07-13-2009
Try...
Code:
awk '/>Cluster/{c=$2;next}
     {z=substr($3,2,14);if($NF=="*")b[c]=z;else a[c]=a[c] "," z}
     END{for(c in b)print b[c] " " b[c] a[c]}' file1

Result...
Code:
FX2FH6V05GB01A FX2FH6V05GB01A,FX2FH6V05F7LOL
FX2FH6V05F5F1E FX2FH6V05F5F1E,FX2FH6V05FTLO0,FX2FH6V05GBHRK

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing a delimited line

I have a text file of lines like: A=5|B=7|G=4|C=3|P=4|... In other words, each line is a pipe-delimited set of pairs of strings of the form "X=Y". What I want to do is find the token starting with "C", and print it and its value (so I'd want to print "C=3" in the example above). I'm... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkeys
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing line out of a file, please help !!

Hello, I have a file with several lines for example; I need to extract a line radiusAuthServTotalAccessRequests.0 = 0 and I don't have line #s in the file. I need to write a script to extract the above line, put a date beside it and parse this line out to another directory / file. How... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xeniya
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl question, parsing line by line

Hello, Im very new to PERL and as a project to work on developing my skills at PERL Im trying to parse poker hands. Ive tried many methods however I cant get the last step. $yourfile= 'FILENAME';#poker hands to parse open (FILE, "$yourfile") or die $!; @lines = <FILE>; for (@lines) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ek0
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing a file by line

I'm trying to make a script that will read variables line by line from a flatfile i.e. $ cat testfile dbfoo sfoo prifoo poofoo bfoo osfoo dbfoo2 sfoo2 prifoo2 poofoo2 bfoo2 osfoo2 $ The first pass of the script through the flatfile I want: $1=dbfoo $2=sfoo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: loadnabox
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing record into multiple records in Shell Script

Hi, I am trying to parse a very long record in a text file into multiple records by checking ADD, DELETE, or MODIFY field value in a shell script. Input # File name xyz.txt ADD|N000|8015662|DELETE|N001|9915662|MODIFY|N999|85678 Output ADD|N000|8015662| DELETE|N001|9915662|... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveed
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logfile parsing with variable, multiple criterias among multiple lines

Hi all I've been working on a bash script parsing through debug/trace files and extracting all lines that relate to some search string. So far, it works pretty well. However, I am challenged by one requirement that is still open. What I want to do: 1) parse through a file and identify all... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: reminder
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parsing file, reading each line to variable, evaluating date/time stamp of each line

So, the beginning of my script will cat & grep a file with the output directed to a new file. The data I have in this file needs to be parsed, read and evaluated. Basically, I need to identify the latest date/time stamp and then calculate whether or not it is within 15 minutes of the current... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hynesward
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing common values across multiple files

Hi All, I have multiple (5+) text files with single columns and I would like to grep the common values across all the text files and parse it to a new file. All the values are numerical. Please let me know how to do it using awk. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

String parsing help across multiple UNIX platforms

Need to parse XML like strings from a file. Using `egrep -A 1 "Panel Temp" "$2" | tail -2` I get the following string: <parameter name="Panel Temp" unit="0.1 C"> <value size="1" starttime="06-08-2017 09:36:56.968">95</value> I want to output: {"Panel Temp" 9.5 C} The 9.5 C is the value... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: harleyvrodred
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing out data with multiple field separators

I have a large file that I need to print certain sections out of. file.txt /alpha/beta/delta/gamma/425/590/USC00015420.blah.lt.0.01.str:USC00015420Y2017M10BLALT.01 12 13 14 -9 1 -9 -9 -9 -9 -9 1 2 3 4 5 -9 -9 I need to print the "USC00015420" and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
5 Replies
App::ClusterSSH::Cluster(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     App::ClusterSSH::Cluster(3pm)

NAME
App::ClusterSSH::Cluster - Object representing cluster configuration SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
Object representing application configuration METHODS
$cluster=ClusterSSH::Cluster->new(); Create a new object. Object should be common across all invocations. $cluster->get_clusters($filename); Read in /etc/clusters and any other given file name and register the tags found. $cluster->read_cluster_file($filename); Read in the given cluster file and register the tags found $cluster->register_tag($tag,@hosts); Register the given tag name with the given host names. @entries = $cluster->get_tag('tag'); Retrieve all entries for the given tag @tags = $cluster->list_tags(); Return an array of all available tag names AUTHOR
Duncan Ferguson, "<duncan_j_ferguson at yahoo.co.uk>" LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1999-2010 Duncan Ferguson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either: the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; or the Artistic License. See http://dev.perl.org/licenses/ for more information. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-24 App::ClusterSSH::Cluster(3pm)