Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Is it possible to grep with a newline in the middle of an expression? Post 302333384 by Ygor on Monday 13th of July 2009 01:25:23 AM
Old 07-13-2009
Try...
Code:
awk 'function f(){if($1~/^Name:/&&p~/^Name:/)print p;p=$0}{f()}END{f()}' file1

Result...
Code:
Name: PollDhctAVFSInfo 00:0F:21:4B:00:6A
Name: PollDhctAVFSInfo 00:0F:21:B8:9E:D2
Name: PollDhctAVFSInfo 00:0F:21:BC:8A:30

---------- Post updated at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:21 PM ----------

Inverse...
Code:
awk 'function f(){if($1!~/^Name:/||p!~/^Name:/)print p;p=$0}{f()}END{f()}' file1

Result...
Code:
Name: PollDhctAVFSInfo 00:14:F8:A7:39:76
           AV Size: 72.4 GB (151965100 sectors)
       AV Capacity: 72.4 GB (32333 clusters)
     AV Used Space: 64.4 GB (28748 clusters)
     AV Free Space: 8.0 GB (3585 clusters)
   AV Cluster Size: 4700
Name: PollDhctAVFSInfo 00:14:F8:A7:3C:00
     AV Used Space: 67.0 GB (29926 clusters)
     AV Free Space: 5.3 GB (2407 clusters)
   AV Cluster Size: 4700
Name: PollDhctAVFSInfo 00:14:F8:A7:43:8E
     AV Used Space: 45.1 GB (20164 clusters)
     AV Free Space: 27.2 GB (12169 clusters)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep and sed to find a pattern and add newline

Hello All, I have log file the result from a multithreaded process. So when a process finishes it will write to this log file as 123 rows merged. The issue is sometimes the processess finish at the same time or write to the file at the same time as 123 rows merged.145 rows merged. At... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssikhar
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep the pattern followed by newline

Hi I have a problem using grep to find a pattern followed by newline. Here is my file xxxxxxxxxxxpattern patternxxxxxx pattern xxxpattern xxpatternx xxxxxxyyyyxxxx I want the result to be like this xxxxxxxxxxxpattern pattern xxxpattern Please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalelle
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep with wildcard in middle of word

How can grep G.*schema give me the result: ${Gacntg_dt}""'"' doesn't G.*schema say give me an unlimited number of characters between G and schema? :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danmauer
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep middle word between two patterns

Hi, I'm currently working on a shell script to automate a backup check on oracle database. My requirement is to grep the words between two delimiters and pass on to a variable.. for ex I have following values in my log file... (DB_NAME), (163.24 25), (16/02/10 23:40), (COMPLETED), I want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil3d
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find zipcode with Grep with optional space in middle

Hello everyone. I am new to unix, nice to meet you all. I have a small problem with a question. I have to write a command that finds all the postal codes in a txt file. All postal codes will begin on its own line in the txt file. This is the formal of postal code: "A#A#A#" or "A#A #A#" A... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: leonmerc
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Script Issue insert newline for a regular expression match

Hi , I am having an issue with the Awk script to insert newline for a regular expression match Having a file like this FILE1 #################### RXOER , RXERA , RXERC , RXERD .RXEA(RXBSN), RXERD , REXCD input RXEGT buffer RXETRY ####################### Want to match the RXE... (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaita
38 Replies

7. Solaris

grep result in newline

Hi While trying to do a search on solaris, the grep results seems to be appearing on the same line instead of the new line. Wed Jan 18 14:45:48 weblogic@test:/abcd$ grep qainejb02 * qa_cluster_biz_view_tc_intl_servers_ports_2:qainejb02 7101 qa_cluster_servers_2:qainejb02... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganga.dharan
2 Replies

8. Linux

Remove newline in middle of string

my file input is with tab as delimiter, and in every line, there would be a skip of line with an unexcepted newline breaker. I'd like to remove this \n and put the information in the same line. INPUT a1 b1b2 c1 c2 d1 a2 b3 c3 d4 OUTPUT a1 b1b2 c1c2 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinkichin
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert newline when grep result is empty

Given a csv file with 40 columns with name, address, hometown etc. I use a bash command in 1 line which: 1. gets the address column and pipes that to 2. grep the first digit and everything that follows Command: awk -F ";" '{print $19}' /Users/jb/Desktop/ReorderTempTotal.csv | grep -o "\d.*"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JBVeenstra
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep expression

im trying to find the best way to match an expression using grep. input file is <html>word word word word.</a> <html>word word word word word word .</a> <html>word word word word word word word word .</a> <html>word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahfze
4 Replies
CLUSTER(1)						      General Commands Manual							CLUSTER(1)

NAME
cluster - find clusters in a graph and augment the graph with this information. SYNOPSIS
cluster [-v?] [ -Ck ] [ -ck ] [ -o outfile ] [ files ] DESCRIPTION
cluster takes as input a graph in DOT format, finds node clusters and augments the graph with this information. The clusters are specified by the "cluster" attribute attached to nodes; cluster values are non-negative integers. cluster attempts to maximize the modularity of the clustering. If the edge attribute "weight" is defined, this will be used in computing the clustering. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -Ck specifies a targeted number of clusters that should be generated. The specified number k is only a suggestion and may not be real- isable. If k == 0, the default, the number of clusters that approximately optimizes the modularity is returned. -ck specifies clustering method. If k == 0, the default, the modularity will be used. If k == 1 modularity quality will be used. -ooutfile Specifies that output should go into the file outfile. By default, stdout is used. -v Verbose mode. EXAMPLES
Applying cluster to the following graph, graph { 1--2 [weight=10.] 2--3 [weight=1] 3--4 [weight=10.] 4--5 [weight=10] 5--6 [weight=10] 3--6 [weight=0.1] 4--6 [weight=10.] } gives graph { node [cluster="-1"]; 1 [cluster=1]; 2 [cluster=1]; 3 [cluster=2]; 4 [cluster=2]; 5 [cluster=2]; 6 [cluster=2]; 1 -- 2 [weight="10."]; 2 -- 3 [weight=1]; 3 -- 4 [weight="10."]; 4 -- 5 [weight=10]; 5 -- 6 [weight=10]; 3 -- 6 [weight="0.1"]; 4 -- 6 [weight="10."]; } AUTHOR
Yifan Hu <yifanhu@research.att.com> SEE ALSO
gvmap(1) Blondel, V.D., Guillaume, J.L., Lambiotte, R., Lefebvre, E.: Fast unfolding of communities in large networks. Journal of Statistical Mechanics: Theory and Experiment (2008), P10008. 3 March 2011 CLUSTER(1)