Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO newbie - CUPS installation & C compiler Post 302333319 by bbxguy on Sunday 12th of July 2009 03:02:52 PM
Old 07-12-2009
newbie - CUPS installation & C compiler

Ok new in here so be gentle:

I'm a programmer with the need to also be a sys admin on a box running:
Quote:
!uname -X

System = SCO_SV
Node = scosysv
Release = 3.2v5.0.5
KernelID = 98/07/02
Machine = i80386
BusType = ISA
Serial = 2GL054643
Users = 30-user
OEM# = 0
Origin# = 1
NumCPU = 1
Client has purchased a Kyocera KM-4035 do it all machine. However, no driver exists for SCO and when I contacted their Kyocera rep he told me to install CUPS. I downloaded CUPS and ran ./configure which displays the following
Quote:
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cl.exe... no
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
I googled some things and it looks like C needs to be on the box.
Now I am at a loss on how to prodeed.

Can anyone provide advice?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Software Installation Help - Newbie

Let me start off by saying that I am by no means a unix person. I am tasked to install log4cxx on a brand new machine but it looks like we need the apr, apr-utils, libtool, make, autoconf, automake, and gcc packages just to install log4cxx. Our machine came with no c compiler so I couldn't build... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnRodey
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbie's question about COBOL Installation in Unix

I wanna to install a COBOL on the AIX unix server. Would u like to tell me the disk usage of COBOL installation? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GCTEII
2 Replies

3. AIX

Installation of CUPS in AIX

Hi, In cups.org, it is said CUPS 1.1.9 adds support for AIX, adds several performance improvements to the scheduler, adds support for the Apache Include directive, adds new HideImplicitMembers and ImplicitAnyClasses directives, stores user-defined options as differences from the system-defined... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meeraramanathan
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

Installation of CUPS in HP-UX

Hi, Can anybody provide me the download link for CUPS on HP-UX 11i? and point me where i can get thorough help or howtos, certainly detailed, to get cups and hopefully my printer running? Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: meeraramanathan
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl newbie . &&..programming newbie (question 2)

Hello everyone, I am having to do a lot of perl scripting these days and I am learning a lot. I have this problem I want to move files from a folder and all its sub folders to one parent folder, they are all .gz files.. there is folder1\folder2\*.gz and there are about 50 folders... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xytiz
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl newbie . &&..programming newbie

Hi, I am new to programming and also to perl..But i know 'perl' can come to my rescue, But I am stuck at many places and need help..any small help is much appreciated... below is the description of what i intend to acheive with my script. I have a files named in this format... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: xytiz
13 Replies

7. HP-UX

Newbie: HP-UX installation problem

I recently bought myself a HP Visualize c3750 specifically to try out HP-UX (which I have never really used), I got it with a CD set of HP-UX 11 that I boot the machine from to install. I have no gfx adapter in the machine so I run an IBM InfoWindow II 3153 serial terminal attached to serial 1.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlundh
4 Replies

8. AIX

Newbie & LPAR

Hello, what is the meaning of: lparstat -i Node Name : **** Partition Name : **** Partition Number : 1 Type : Shared-SMT Mode : Capped Entitled Capacity : 2.00 Partition Group-ID : 32769 Shared Pool ID : 0 Online Virtual CPUs : 4 Maximum Virtual CPUs : 4 Minimum Virtual CPUs :... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Talulah
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

GCC compiler installation on Linux OS

Need assistance in getting a GCC compiler on linux server . I wanted to install GCC compiler under local user . System doesnt have any compiler . Is there a way to get a compiler installed without a root user, cant install using (rpm, yum ) When I try to compile the gcc source i get the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
7 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Xalan & Xerces issues for Oracle Linux 6.6 & Solarisstudio12.3 C++ compiler for Linux

Hi Team, I am facing issue while using Xalan & Xerces for my application. Below are my environment details i am using :- Platform:- Oracle Linux 6.6 Compiler :- solarisstudio12.3 C++ compiler for Linux Below are the versions of Xalan & Xerces source code used to build the shared object... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: agrachirag
0 Replies
INTERCAL::ByteCode(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   INTERCAL::ByteCode(3pm)

TITLE
Language::INTERCAL::Bytecode - intermediate language DESCRIPTION
The CLC-INTERCAL compiler works by producing bytecode from the program source; this bytecode can be interpreted to execute the program immediately; alternatively, a backend can produce something else from the bytecode, for example C or Perl source code which can then be compiled to your computer's native object format. The compiler itself is just some more bytecode. Thus, to produce the compiler you need a compiler compiler, and to produce that you need a compiler compiler compiler; to produce the latter you would need a compiler compiler compiler compiler, and so on to infinity. To simplify the programmer's life (eh?), the compiler compiler is able to compile itself, and is therefore identical to the compiler compiler compiler (etcetera). The programmer can start the process because a pre-compiled compiler compiler, in the form of bytecode, is provided with the CLC-INTERCAL distribution; this compiler compiler then is able to compile all other compilers, as well as to rebuild itself if need be. See the online manual or the HTML documentation included with the distribution for more information about this. SEE ALSO
A qualified psychiatrist AUTHOR
Claudio Calvelli - intercal (whirlpool) sdf.lonestar.org (Please include the word INTERLEAVING in the subject when emailing that address, or the email may be ignored) perl v5.8.8 2008-03-29 INTERCAL::ByteCode(3pm)