Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cant separate variables
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cant separate variables Post 302333275 by dplate07 on Sunday 12th of July 2009 07:50:04 AM
Old 07-12-2009
Cant separate variables

Hey guys, new problem....im not being able to seperate variables.

the code runs like this...

OPTIONS=$(awk '{print $2}' /etc/fstab}

a=$(zenity --list --text "Mount points selection" --radiolist --column "choice" --column "mountpt" FALSE $OPTIONS); echo $a

Note: the result i get is that zenity displays all the mountpoints as a single option in zenity. Not like each mount point having one radio button each. Help please...

---------- Post updated at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:36 PM ----------

Hey guys, anyone care to give me a hand ?
dplate07

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to convert byteArray variables to HexaString variables for Linux?

Hello everybody, I am having problem in converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Linux. I have done, converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Windows but same function doesn't work for linux. Is there any difference in OS ? The code for Windows is given... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritesh_163
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to read a hostname and separate into variables

Hi All, I'm trying to concoct a bash script to use with a Puppet Implementation that will accept a hostname and break it down into variables. For example, my hostnames look like this --> machinename-group-building.example.com I'm looking for a way in the script to read until the first... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: glarizza
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read 1-line file and separate into multiple variables

I have one line files with 17 records separated by a semi-colon. I need to create a variable from each record, which I can do via a separate awk for each one, but I know there has to be a better way. Along with pulling out the variable, I need to convert some url coding like a + to a space, etc.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: numele
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: Print fields between two delimiters on separate lines and send to variables

I have email headers that look like the following. In the end I would like to accomplish sending each email address to its own variable, such as: user1@domain.com='user1@domain.com' user2@domain.com='user2@domain.com' user3@domain.com='user3@domain.com' etc... I know the sed to get rid of... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tay9000
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to separate one string

Hello friends. I have on file with following data Jhon Status: Form successfully submitted Maria Status:Form successfully submitted Shyne Status: Form submission pending. Liken Status:Form successfully submitted David Status:Form successfully submitted Rich Status: Form... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nakul_sh
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script with multiple variables like 25 variables.

Hi All, i have a requirement where i have to run a script with at least 25 arguements and position of arguements can also change. the unapropriate way is like below. can we achieve this in more good and precise way?? #!/bin/ksh ##script is sample.ksh age=$1 gender=$2 class=$3 . . .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshman_Gupta
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH arrays and variables of variables in C++

Sometimes it is handy to protect long scripts in C++. The following syntax works fine for simple commands: #define SHELLSCRIPT1 "\ #/bin/bash \n\ echo \"hello\" \n\ " int main () { cout <<system(SHELLSCRIPT1); return 0; } Unfortunately for there are problems for: 1d arrays:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: frad
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variables to bash variables

Trying to do so echo "111:222:333" |awk -F: '{system("export TESTO=" $2)}'But it doesn't work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass variables into anothother variables?

Below are three variables, which I want to pass into variable RESULT1 username1=userid poihostname1=dellsys.com port1=8080 How can I pass these variables into below code... RESULT1=$((ssh -n username1@poihostname1 time /usr/sfw/bin/wget --user=sam --password=123 -O /dev/null -q... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manohar2013
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Assistance to connect to servers via ssh once and collect various commands into separate variables

Hello, We use as bash script to connect to servers listed in an .csv file to issue commands against these servers and retrieve data to be saved in a .csv file. The data we want to collect is saved in variables. We issue an ssh command for each variable we want to capture. I'm thinking this is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
9 Replies
zenity(1)							   User Commands							 zenity(1)

NAME
zenity, gdialog - display simple GNOME dialogs SYNOPSIS
zenity --calendar [--height=height] [--title=title] [--width=width] [--window-icon=path] [--date-format=format] [--day=number] [--month=number] [--text=text] [--year=number] zenity --entry [--height=height] [--title=title] [--width=width] [--window-icon=path] [--entry-text=text] [--hide-text] [--text=text] zenity --error | --info | --question | --warning [--height=height] [--title=title] [--width=width] [--window-icon=path] [--text=text] zenity --file-selection [--height=height] [--title=title] [--width=width] [--window-icon=path] [--filename=path] [--multiple] [--separa- tor=character] zenity --list --column=text [--height=height] [--title=title] [--width=width] [--window-icon=path] [--checklist] [--editable] [--radiolist] [--separator=character] zenity --progress [--height=height] [--title=title] [--width=width] [--window-icon=path] [--auto-close] [--percentage=number] [--pulsate] [--text=text] zenity --text-info [--height=height] [--title=title] [--width=width] [--window-icon=path] [--editable] [--filename=path] zenity --about | --help | --usage | --version | -GTK+_options DESCRIPTION
The Zenity application displays simple GNOME dialogs. You can use Zenity to create scripts that interact graphically with the user. gdia- log(1) has been deprecated and is now a wrapper script around Zenity, and will preserve compatibility with older scripts. OPTIONS
Zenity supports several different types of options. Zenity-Specific Options The following Zenity-specific options are supported: --about Display the About Zenity dialog, which provides information about the Zenity application, including the version number and the author. --version Display the version number of Zenity. Help Options The following help options are supported: --help Display help text. You can also use -? to specify this option. --usage Display brief usage text. GTK+ Options Zenity supports the standard GTK+ options. For more information about the GTK+ options, execute the zenity -? command. Dialog Options The following dialog options are supported: --calendar Display a calendar dialog. --entry Display a text entry dialog. --error Display an error dialog. --file-selection Display a file-selection dialog. --info Display an informational dialog. --list Display a list dialog. --progress Display a progress indication dialog. --question Display a question dialog. --text-info Display a text information dialog. --warning Display a warning dialog. General Dialog Options The following general dialog options are supported: --height=height Set the dialog height. --title=title Set the dialog title. --width=width Set the dialog width. --window-icon=path Set the dialog window icon with a full path to an image. Calendar Dialog Options The following calendar dialog options are supported: --date-format=format Set the date format to return at the command line. The default format depends on your locale. The format must be of strftime style, for example %A %d/%m/%y. --day=number Set the calendar day. --month=number Set the calendar month. --text=text Set the dialog text. --year=number Set the calendar year. Text-Entry Dialog Options The following text-entry dialog options are supported: --entry-text=text Set the dialog entry text. --hide-text Use asterisks to hide the entry text. --text=text Set the dialog text. Error Dialog Options The following error dialog options are supported: --text=text Set the dialog text. File-Selection Dialog Options The following file-selection dialog options are supported: --filename=path Set the file or directory to select by default. --multiple Allow multiple selections. --separator=character Set the separator character to return at the command line. This option is used only when the dialog allows multi- ple selections. Informational Dialog Options The following informational dialog options are supported: --text=text Set the dialog text. List Dialog Options The following list dialog options are supported: --checklist Specify that the first column contains check boxes. --column=text Set the text of a column. --editable Specify that the dialog contents are editable. --radiolist Specify that the first column contains radio buttons. --separator=character Set the separator character to return at the command line. This option is used only when the dialog allows multi- ple selections. Progress-Indication Dialog Options The following progress-indication dialog options are supported: --auto-close Close the dialog automatically when 100% has been reached. --percentage=number Set the initial percentage of the progress bar. --pulsate Specify that the progress bar pulsates until an EOF character is read from the command line. --text=text Set the dialog text. Question Dialog Options The following question dialog options are supported: --text=text Set the dialog text. Text-Informational Dialog Options The following text-informational dialog options are supported: --editable Specify that the dialog contents are editable. --filename=path Set the file to display in the dialog. Warning Dialog Options The following warning dialog options are supported: --text=text Set the dialog text. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching Zenity Using the List Dialog example% zenity --list --title="Choose bugs you wish to view" --text="Select items from the list below." --column="Bug Number" --column="Severity" --column="Description" 992383 Normal "GtkTreeView crashes on multiple selections" 293823 High "GNOME Dictionary does not handle proxy" 393823 Critical "Menu editing does not work in GNOME 2.0" Example 2: Launching Zenity Using the Progress Dialog example% find . -name '*.bk' | zenity --progress --title="Finding backups" --pulsate Example 3: Launching Zenity Using the Text Informational Dialog example% zenity --text-info --title="LGPL License" --filename="/home/user1/LICENSE" ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables affect the execution of zenity: ZENITY_OK, DIALOG_OK Set the return value for OK. ZENITY_CANCEL, DIALOG_CANCEL Set the return value for Cancel. ZENITY_ERROR, DIALOG_ERROR Set the return value for Error. ZENITY_ESC, DIALOG_ESC Set the return value for Escape. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: -1 Error 0 OK 1 Cancel, Escape FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/zenity Executable for Zenity. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWzenity | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Zenity Manual Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. NOTES
Written by Glynn Foster, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003, 2004. SunOS 5.10 20 Jul 2004 zenity(1)