Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to get the correct exception file/line. Post 302333219 by achenle on Saturday 11th of July 2009 06:27:09 PM
Old 07-11-2009
Since both __LINE__ and __FILE__ are macros, you're going to have a really hard time coming up with a way to do what you want without using any macros.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

file attributes and exception

hi, I want to know the date the file was created or modified. I can do this using ls, ll -ltr etc... I want to do this in a function (so If the file date is older then a week I can report it), is there a way? another thing... In sql function, I can catch exceptions, is there a way to do this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krem
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting help on finding exception in running log file

Hi all, I am trying to write a script for an application server log file where i want to put this script as a cron tab entry and it will check the server log file last 1000/500 line for every fifteen minute. i am using the script like this. count=`tail -n 1000 Trace.log | grep -c... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senthilkumar_ak
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Catch a PL/SQL exception in ksh file

Hi all Im trying to call a PL SQl block from a ksh file like this : sqlplus -s $DB_USERID/$DB_PASSWD@$DB_NAME<<eof whenever SQLERROR exit 1 var varError VARCHAR2(200); exec ODAS_BATCH_JOBS_RETRIEVE.retrieve_user_info(:varError); eof If there is a error then varError will return a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sam123
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to unmonitor the mounts in exception file

I am trying to write a shell script for monitoring the file system mount. command I am using will retrieve a output as shown below. /dev/fsv29 2% /apps/rj/pgl/bslSys I also need to add exception mounts in a file and I would like script to ignore the mount which I specify. If I add the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandu123
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor logs for exception and if exception come then sent an email

Hi Folks, please advise , I have logs generated on unix machine at location /ops/opt/aaa/bvg.log , now sometimes there come exception in these logs also, so I want to write such a script such that it should continuously monitor these logs and whenever any exception comes that is it try to find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuntun27272727
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Line numbers and exception to be caught in logs

Hi Folks, I have just basic queries is that suppose I have to monitor the logs then there is a command , suppose I have to monitor the abc.log which is updating dynamically within seconds so the command will be after going to that directory is .. tail -f abc.log Now please advise what about... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: punpun66
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need correct pattern at end of line

I have some data as below. I need correct it as result. Data: BG1:100+10++II DG1:200+100+1234 DG2:300+200++II CG1:200+100+1111 DG2:400+100++II DG6:200+200+2345 DG2:400+100+2222 Result: BG1:100+10++II DG1:200+100+1234 DG2:300+200++1 CG1:200+100+1111 DG2:400+100++1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr.awk
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files using third file as an exception

Hi All, Is it possible to compare 2 files using the contents of a third file as a guide using a bash script? I have 2 files I want t compare (1 and 2 below) the difference between the two is the first line (a) I want my script to ignore this difference if the difference is stored in file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nwalsh88
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatically correct a File Name

Hi All Need a help to understand how one can automatically correct a file name using a shell script even if it is in a completely different format... Ex : adv_OK_0215_mem_rules_firing.txt / advex_0215_OK_me_rule_fire.txt (or in any other format as above) to :... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatwithsaurav
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

After Ftp'ing file to destination how to check the file if it is in correct ASCII and not corrupted

Hi Folks, While transferring file from FTP software like Filezilla the files gets corrupted. Is there any way I can check if the recently transferred file is in ASCII and not corrupted. I have tried using file -i filename command which does tell if the file character set is ASCII or binary... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Khan28
6 Replies
smfi_getsymval(3N)														smfi_getsymval(3N)

NAME
smfi_getsymval() - gets the value of a sendmail macro SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
ctx Specifies the opaque context structure. symname Specifies the name of a macro. Single letter macros can optionally be enclosed in braces and longer macro names must be enclosed in braces, similar to the macro names in the file. For information on default macros, see the section. DESCRIPTION
The routine can be called from any of the callback functions at any time depending on the macros defined in Notes The following are default macros: o These macros are sent with the callback function. o These macros are sent with the callback function. o These macros are sent with the callback function. o These macros are sent with the callback function. All macros specified with callback functions and are active from the point they are received until the end of the connection. All macros specified with the callback function are active from the point they are received until the end of the message. All macros specified with the callback function are active for each recipient. The macro list can be changed using the options in the file. The scope of such macros is determined by when they are set by RETURN VALUE
The routine returns the value of the given macro as a null-terminated string. returns NULL if the macro is not defined. AUTHOR
The routine was developed by the Sendmail Inc. SEE ALSO
smfi_getpriv(3N), smfi_setmlreply(3N), smfi_setreply(3N), smfi_setpriv(3N). on smfi_getsymval(3N)