Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris10 on vmware - Internet connection failed Post 302333209 by johnjerry on Saturday 11th of July 2009 03:58:23 PM
Old 07-11-2009
Wow, 38 views but NO reply!

Anyway, I have resolved this issue -- just scrapped Sun Solaris 10. My primary objective was installation of oracle 11g on linux environment and today I did it successfully on RHEL5.

Well, there are some glitches on RHEL 5 too. It does not work properly on virtual machine (resolution issue). After painful struggle I was able to identify actual kernel and resolved that error. Afterwards, Database installation was smooth.

Now I feel that though Linux is very strong OS, very few people are here in linux world who can actually resolve issue or assist in some way. Otherwise, most of Linux forums have plethora of problems/questions and limited relevant/presumptive answers.

In another thread, I will post how to resolve Resolution Issue on RHEL 5? (applicable only on virtual machine)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help connecting to the internet with solaris10

I am using solaris 10 with pentium 3. I have two network cards but none of them come up when i run <ifconfig -a> in command line. The two cards I have are : Linksys LNE 100TX and Netgear FA311. Does solaris 10 support these NICs or do I have to dowload the drivers for them. If so, can anyone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fidjouss
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Howto setup terminal connection Solaris10?

Hello, Which services and daemons are used in Solaris in order to connect to Solaris10 from windows-Reflection ? Please just give me a brief information, I can read details from other resources. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: XNOR
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 10 internet access on VMware

Hi, I have Solaris 10 running in VMware on a winxp box so I can learn unix. I can 'ping' all the boxes on our network and yahoo.com (but only if I use the IP address I get back from pinging from an xp box). The error message from the terminal window is unknown host and from a browser www.sun.com... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Technomot1
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Internet setup on solaris10

Hi all, Can anyone please tell me how to setup internet on solaris10, b72? I own an airtel broadband, with a beetel 220BXI modem. I am new to solaris so was wondering as to how it can be done? Thanks (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
23 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris10..Open boot diagnostic failed

Hi all, when am rebooting the server (SF v890) we are facing "open boot diagnostic failed". Thanks in Adv. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjunreddy3
5 Replies

6. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Installing Solaris10 from ISO image in VMware

While installing solaris10 from iso dvd image in vmware on windows i get the follworing error right after i select solaris 10 from grub menu panic/thread=fec20160: page_unlock: page fe2b5730 is not locked why is it doing this? installation does work if i have the physical dvd into... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dplinux
1 Replies

7. Solaris

internet on solaris10 running on vmware workstation...

HI Admins, I am trying to run internet on solaris 10 on vmware workstation 6.5.. I have vista on my laptop. I tried following: 1. enabling DHCP and NAT on virtual network editor...for NAT I tried vmnet host:vmnet0 start/stop. 2. ifconfig -a showing pcn0 running for both ipv4 and ipv6....... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Internet connection failed on solaris 10

Hi, i am new bie on solaris ,i just installed it on vmware. i tryed to connect to the internet from solaris but it failed. during the installation i ignore the DHCP and i assign a fixed ip address to the host. is that has an impact on internet access ? and if so how to add another interface... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mirsol
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

ssh connection keep disconected , how to find way? in CentOs vmware

Hello i have CentOS installed on vmware , few days ago every thing was working fine. today every time im connect with putty to the CentOs server after few minutes it disconnect me , how can i find what is the reason ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
5 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

VMware View Client Connection Issues

I installed the VMware View Client for Linux in Ubuntu and whenever I try and connect I recieve: Untrusted View Connection: Failed to connect to the View Connection Server. The server provided an invalid certificate. The certificate authority is invalid or incorrect. Having access to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies
DBIx::Class::Manual::Troubleshooting(3) 		User Contributed Perl Documentation		   DBIx::Class::Manual::Troubleshooting(3)

NAME
DBIx::Class::Manual::Troubleshooting - Got a problem? Shoot it. "Can't locate storage blabla" You're trying to make a query on a non-connected schema. Make sure you got the current resultset from $schema->resultset('Artist') on a schema object you got back from connect(). Tracing SQL The "DBIC_TRACE" environment variable controls SQL tracing, so to see what is happening try export DBIC_TRACE=1 Alternatively use the "storage->debug" class method:- $schema->storage->debug(1); To send the output somewhere else set debugfh:- $schema->storage->debugfh(IO::File->new('/tmp/trace.out', 'w'); Alternatively you can do this with the environment variable, too:- export DBIC_TRACE="1=/tmp/trace.out" Can't locate method result_source_instance For some reason the table class in question didn't load fully, so the ResultSource object for it hasn't been created. Debug this class in isolation, then try loading the full schema again. Can't get last insert ID under Postgres with serial primary keys Older DBI and DBD::Pg versions do not handle "last_insert_id" correctly, causing code that uses auto-incrementing primary key columns to fail with a message such as: Can't get last insert id at /.../DBIx/Class/Row.pm line 95 In particular the RHEL 4 and FC3 Linux distributions both ship with combinations of DBI and DBD::Pg modules that do not work correctly. DBI version 1.50 and DBD::Pg 1.43 are known to work. Can't locate object method "source_name" via package There's likely a syntax error in the table class referred to elsewhere in this error message. In particular make sure that the package declaration is correct. For example, for a schema " MySchema " you need to specify a fully qualified namespace: " package MySchema::MyTable; ". syntax error at or near "<something>" ... This can happen if you have a relation whose name is a word reserved by your database, e.g. "user": package My::Schema::User; ... __PACKAGE__->table('users'); __PACKAGE__->add_columns(qw/ id name /); __PACKAGE__->set_primary_key('id'); ... 1; package My::Schema::ACL; ... __PACKAGE__->table('acl'); __PACKAGE__->add_columns(qw/ user_id /); __PACKAGE__->belongs_to( 'user' => 'My::Schema::User', 'user_id' ); ... 1; $schema->resultset('ACL')->search( {}, { join => [qw/ user /], '+select' => [ 'user.name' ] } ); The SQL generated would resemble something like: SELECT me.user_id, user.name FROM acl me JOIN users user ON me.user_id = user.id If, as is likely, your database treats "user" as a reserved word, you'd end up with the following errors: 1) syntax error at or near "." - due to "user.name" in the SELECT clause 2) syntax error at or near "user" - due to "user" in the JOIN clause The solution is to enable quoting - see "Setting quoting for the generated SQL" in DBIx::Class::Manual::Cookbook for details. column "foo DESC" does not exist ... This can happen if you are still using the obsolete order hack, and also happen to turn on SQL-quoting. $rs->search( {}, { order_by => [ 'name DESC' ] } ); Since DBIx::Class >= 0.08100 and SQL::Abstract >= 1.50 the above should be written as: $rs->search( {}, { order_by => { -desc => 'name' } } ); For more ways to express order clauses refer to "ORDER BY CLAUSES" in SQL::Abstract Perl Performance Issues on Red Hat Systems There is a problem with slow performance of certain DBIx::Class operations using the system perl on some Fedora and Red Hat Enterprise Linux system (as well as their derivative distributions such as Centos, White Box and Scientific Linux). Distributions affected include Fedora 5 through to Fedora 8 and RHEL5 upto and including RHEL5 Update 2. Fedora 9 (which uses perl 5.10) has never been affected - this is purely a perl 5.8.8 issue. As of September 2008 the following packages are known to be fixed and so free of this performance issue (this means all Fedora and RHEL5 systems with full current updates will not be subject to this problem):- Fedora 8 - perl-5.8.8-41.fc8 RHEL5 - perl-5.8.8-15.el5_2.1 This issue is due to perl doing an exhaustive search of blessed objects under certain circumstances. The problem shows up as performance degradation exponential to the number of DBIx::Class result objects in memory, so can be unnoticeable with certain data sets, but with huge performance impacts on other datasets. A pair of tests for susceptibility to the issue and performance effects of the bless/overload problem can be found in the DBIx::Class test suite, in the "t/99rh_perl_perf_bug.t" file. Further information on this issue can be found in <https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=379791>, <https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=460308> and <http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2008-0876.html> Excessive Memory Allocation with TEXT/BLOB/etc. Columns and Large LongReadLen It has been observed, using DBD::ODBC, that creating a DBIx::Class::Row object which includes a column of data type TEXT/BLOB/etc. will allocate LongReadLen bytes. This allocation does not leak, but if LongReadLen is large in size, and many such result objects are created, e.g. as the output of a ResultSet query, the memory footprint of the Perl interpreter can grow very large. The solution is to use the smallest practical value for LongReadLen. perl v5.18.2 2013-12-16 DBIx::Class::Manual::Troubleshooting(3)