Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris problem in restoring mountpoint in Solaris Post 302333132 by incredible on Saturday 11th of July 2009 06:56:09 AM
Old 07-11-2009
fuser -ck /billing
Force unmount the filesystem then try restoring
umount -f /billing

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Access problem wiht mountpoint, 5.1 ML6

I have experienced a strange effect on one of our machines and would like to ask, if somebody else can verify this. Machine is a LPAR in a 690, OS is 5.1, ML 6. I create a new group and a new user, who has this group set as his primary group he will be in no other group. Then, as root, create a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bakunin
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Blocksize problem restoring file from tape

I was recently given the responsibility of the unix box at our work. Without much training, I now have to go back and restore a file from tape. I'm having some trouble with it. I'm getting an error with the blocksize. The part of the script that does the tar looks like this: tar cvfX... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: citrowske
11 Replies

3. Linux

Problem for restoring lvm on different disks

Hi all, I have a server running in RH ES4, the SCSI HD are running in RAID 1. I backup the LVM config by using 'vgcfgbackup' and then remove all the HD. I insert another HD (same size & branch but different model) into the machine and run linux rescue to recreate the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: donaldfung
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Problem restoring files from remote tape drive

Server 1 - Sun Solaris 5.8 sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-480R with attached DLT tape drive /dev/rmt/0n Server 2 - Old DG-UX box which has restore command on it compatible with the files on the backyup tape - backed up with dump2 Server 3 - Sun solaris 5.9 sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V490 with lots of free space... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lindab
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem by restoring data from alphaserver 4100 to alphaserver 20DSe

Hi guys. I am in this forum and I have some troubles with my two alphas. I nned to create backup machine for our server DEC 4100. what is done created root_domain, usr_domain (ADVFS) on DS20e restored from backup tape vdump from same directories if i try to start, i get the following : ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaendalf
0 Replies

6. AIX

Problem restoring libc.a (AIX 5.3)

Hi, The symbolic link from /usr/lib/libc.a to /usr/ccs/lib/libc.a was deleted by accident. So we are trying to restore it, but we have some problems. After booting from CD, and access the rootvg volume group (without mounting the system), we tried to execute the next commands: mount /dev/hd4... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NicoAIX
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get mountpoint from filename

Dear Guru's Given a full filename /a/b/c/d/file.txt how do i determine what part is the mount point ( say /a/b). Cheers, Karel (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karelb
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restoring problem on tape!

hi all , a messages appeared to me when i was checking my /var/adm/messages and the below code was in it Oct 6 13:15:21 medprod scsi: /pci@3,700000/SUNW,emlxs@0/fp@0,0/st@w21000024ff305234,7 (st1): Oct 6 13:15:21 medprod Restoring tape position at fileno=320,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: semaan
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Filesystem and partition, mountpoint

Hello All, I am new to System/plat-form administration work. Right now I am facing some issues while creating the filesystem and mounpoint. I am using Linux 6.0 SuSE 11. Last time I was used one command to partition the given space along with filesystem in SuSE 9 and it was done in GUI mode but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nvkuriseti
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to format new mountpoint

Can some one help me i try to mkfs new mountpoint from storageIBM but give some problem # mkfs -t ext3 /dev/sdd1 mke2fs 1.39 (29-May-2006) /dev/sdd1 is apparently in use by the system; will not make a filesystem here! my os is redhat 5.3 using fdisk # fdisk -l Disk /dev/sda: 298.9... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickyid04
4 Replies
udfs(7FS)							   File Systems 							 udfs(7FS)

NAME
udfs - universal disk format file system DESCRIPTION
The udfs file system is a file system type that allows user access to files on Universal Disk Format (UDF) disks from within the Solaris operating environment. Once mounted, a udfs file system provides standard Solaris file system operations and semantics. That is, users can read files, write files, and list files in a directory on a UDF device and applications can use standard UNIX system calls on these files and directories. Because udfs is a platform-independent file system, the same media can be written to and read from by any operating system or vendor. Mounting File Systems udfs file systems are mounted using: mount-F udfs -o rw/ro device-special Use: mount /udfs if the /udfs and device special file /dev/dsk/c0t6d0s0 are valid and the following line (or similar line) appears in your /etc/vfstab file: /dev/dsk/c0t6d0s0 - /udfs udfs - no ro The udfs file system provides read-only support for ROM, RAM, and sequentially-recordable media and read-write support on RAM media. The udfs file system also supports regular files, directories, and symbolic links, as well as device nodes such as block, character, FIFO, and Socket. SEE ALSO
mount(1M), mount_udfs(1M), vfstab(4) NOTES
Invalid characters such as "NULL" and "/" and invalid file names such as "." and ".." will be translated according to the following rule: Replace the invalid character with an "_," then append the file name with # followed by a 4 digit hex representation of the 16-bit CRC of the original FileIdentifier. For example, the file name ".." will become "__#4C05" SunOS 5.10 29 Mar 1999 udfs(7FS)