Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris copying from mirror to primary Post 302333120 by incredible on Saturday 11th of July 2009 06:31:00 AM
Old 07-11-2009
What makes you say they are not synced properly? What problem you encounter? How is it mirrored?
Btw, after you copy the directory, make sure you can access it, its the objective right?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Must they be installed in Primary partition?

Hi, there. I know FreeBSD must be installed in primary and Linux can be installed in extended. What about NetBSD, OpenBSD and Solaris for x86? They must be installed in primary, too? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
4 Replies

2. Linux

setting primary dns

Hi, I am running Fedora 7. I seem to remember there being a command to determine the primary dns. Can anyone help me find out what it is? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: user23
2 Replies

3. Linux

primary partition size

hi I am trying to create primary,extended and logical partitions. when I try to create a primary partition, I can give it maximum 1027M (1gb). Why? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjay83
9 Replies

4. Solaris

ZFS Mirror versus Hardware Mirror

I've looked a little but haven't found a solid answer, assuming there is one. What's better, hardware mirroring or ZFS mirroring? Common practice for us was to use the raid controllers on the Sun x86 servers. Now we've been using ZFS mirroring since U6. Any performance difference? Any other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lespaul20
3 Replies

5. Solaris

What is mirror and sub mirror in RAID -1 SVM

Hi , I am new to SVM .when i try to learn RAID 1 , first they are creating two RAID 0 strips through metainit d51 1 1 c0t0d0s2 metainit d52 1 1 c1t0d0s2 In the next step metainit d50 -m d51 d50: Mirror is setup next step is metaattach d50 d52 d50 : submirror d52 is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr_mari
7 Replies

6. Ubuntu

primary group for user

HI I need to know what is the primary group name of a particular user. How to do this ? Maybe with groups cmd ? (first group name in line, is the primary group) thx for help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

What is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ?

what is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
3 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

What brand is your primary computer?

A poll is added. Please vote and share your experiences. :b: If you select option: Other Brand then please post the brand name (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoda
22 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Primary group

Is it possible user without a primary group (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lobsang
3 Replies
reboot(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 reboot(8)

Name
       reboot - automatic reboot procedures

Syntax
       /etc/reboot [ -n ] [ -q ]

Description
       The  ULTRIX  system is booted by loading a kernel image, usually into memory at location zero and transferring to zero.	Because the system
       is not reenterable, the kernel image must be read in from disk each time the system is bootstrapped.

When the reboot of a running system is desired, is normally used.  If there are no users, can be used.  The command causes the disks to	be
       synced,	and  then  a multiuser reboot is initiated.  The system is booted and an automatic disk check is performed.  If the procedure suc-
       ceeds, the system is then brought up for the users.

The system will reboot itself after a power failure or after a crash, provided auto-restart is enabled on your system.  A consistency check
       of the file systems will be performed and, unless the check fails, the system will resume multiuser operations.

Options
       -n   Prevents the disks from being synced.

-q   Reboots quickly and ungracefully, without shutting down running processes first.

Files
       System code

See Also
       crash(8v), fsck(8), halt(8), init(8), newfs(8), rc(8), shutdown(8)

reboot(8)