Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Text Alignment Problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Text Alignment Problem Post 302332935 by ganapati on Friday 10th of July 2009 11:59:11 AM
Old 07-10-2009
MySQL

Hi Vgersh99,

Thanks for opening my eyes,
Thanks for blowing your torch,
Thanks for your time and help,
Thanks for your working answer.
Smilie
Cheers~~/ Mysore 101 Ganapati.
A sound discretion is not so much indicated by never making a mistake as by never repeating it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls command alignment problem

With older Linux servers, the command: ls -al would output text that would have the filenames all lined up in the same column (the owner and group names were truncated to produce a uniform right column). In newer distros (i.e. RHEL 3), the command will push the right column out when owners... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robf
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Memory Alignment Problem on Sun Sparcs

Hi, I try to marshal a unsigned int and a char * into a buffer, and then unmarshal them later to get them out. I need to put the char * in the front and unsigned int at the end of the buffer. However, my system always give me "BUS ERROR". I am using Sun Sparcs Sloris 2.10. My code to marshal the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nj302
1 Replies

3. Programming

how to round up a memory address(memory alignment problem)

Hi, I try to marshal a unsigned int and a char * into a buffer, and then unmarshal them later to get them out. I need to put the char * in the front and unsigned int at the end of the buffer. However, my system always give me "BUS ERROR". I am using Sun Sparcs Sloris 2.10. My code to marshal... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nj302
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output alignment problem

Hi Gurus, This is my raw data. How would I able to format this output into a better alignment? /dev/vg00/lvol5 /home 0.12 GB 0.02 GB 0.10 GB 19% /dev/vg00/misc /misc 28.43 GB 4.92 GB 23.51 GB 17% /dev/vg00/lvol6 /opt 8.25 GB 5.43 GB 2.82 GB 65% /dev/vgsap/ora10264 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: superHonda123
10 Replies

5. HP-UX

HP-UX text alignment

HI all, I tried to edit my files using HP-UX but my output tends to not align when I add another character in the files to edit my files i used the command is as follow chmod +w filename vi filename Help, :eek: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jasonhpwong
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text qualifier issue causing data alignment problem

Hello Everyone, I have a csv file with text qualifier as "" and data similar to below: "1","abc","address1","US" "2","def","address1 "characters in double-quote" address2","IND" "3","ghi","address1","UK" In above example, for record 2, we have an issue as in column3 contains double... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnkitSenghani
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep text matching problem with script which checks if web page contains text.

I wrote a Bash script which checks to see if a text string exists on a web page and then sends me an email if it does (or does not e.g. "Out of stock"). I run it from my crontab, it's quite handy from time to time and I've been using it for a few years now. The script uses wget to download an... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gencon
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting IDs from a text file into a sequence alignment file

Hi, I have one file with one column and several hundred entries File1: NA1 NA2 NA3And now I need to run a command within a mapping aligner tool to insert these sample names into a sequence alignment file (SAM) such that they look like this @RG ID:Library1 SM:NA1 PL:Illumina ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nans
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add Blank Spaces in text, to perform beter alignment of the string

Hi Guru, I need some advice on how to add blank spaces to the code, rather than me just adding <space-bar spaces> which does not work. Current output of the code File System Backed Up - ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES Daily - Incremental Backup Schedule - 1 Month Retention • 7pm - PRD... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junes
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alignment tool to join text files in 2 directories to create a parallel corpus

I have two directories called English and Hindi. Each directory contains the same number of files with the only difference being that in the case of the English Directory the tag is .english and in the Hindi one the tag is .Hindi The file may contain either a single text or more than one text... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
7 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)