Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File Comparison command but ignoring while spaces Post 302332898 by otheus on Friday 10th of July 2009 09:59:30 AM
Old 07-10-2009
Quote:
That too doesnt seem to work, it gives a messages files are identical althrough the size of both the files are different
This is at odds with your original requirement/question.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ignoring backslash while executing command

Hi, I'm running into following issue, my_file is a collection of windows directories (i.e \\path\directory\file) . I need to be able to execute "my command" as my command \\path\directory\file I know that while read -r / print -r ignores backslashes. My code: cat $my_file | while read -r... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: agalkin
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ignoring a dash in file name

so i have a simple file called -x and i need it renamed to x now i dont understand why when using the most basic methods, only the code mv ./-x x changes the file name while using any other type of escape characters around the dash, such as single/double quotations or backslash, doesnt. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LumpSum
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

"read" command ignoring leading spaces

I have to read a file line by line, change it and then update the file. Problem is, when i read the file, "read" command ignores leading spaces. The file is a script which is indented in many places for clarity. How to i make "read" command read leading spaces as well. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickylife
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore the Spaces while string Comparison

I want to ignore the spaces while doing string comparison between two files. Iam using "comm" command to compare the files. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhakaryadav
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blank spaces, tab spaces from file

Hello All, I am trying to remove all tabspaces and all blankspaces from my file using sed & awk, but not getting proper code. Please help me out. My file is like this (<b> means one blank space, <t> means one tab space)- $ cat file NARESH<b><b><b>KUMAR<t><t>PRADHAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH1302
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Several file comparison not uniq or comm command

When comparing several files is there a way to find values unique to each file? File1 a b c d File2 a b t File 3 a (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_sabz
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ignoring lines in a file

HI, command to cat a readable file by ignoring the first line and last line or command to cat a readable file by ignoring the lines with delimiter Please advise on this. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
2 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Want a tcl script to compare a string in a file ignoring white spaces

Hi , I want a tcl script to search a string ignoring whitespaces in a .log file . It should correctly match . The string are as follows "Output-Maps 1 1 0 0 0" 1 and Active Intermediate-Maps 0 0 0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kulua
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tcl script for seaching a string ignoring white spaces

Hi , I want to search a string in a file ignoring white spaces in TCL. My string is as follows Ouput-Maps " 1 1 1 0 " 1i am doing following set a *1*1*1*0* " }1 abc.log}] but it is not working. What is the wrong with the tcl script Thanks Gouranga Video... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mybapa3000@gmai
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate lines after ignoring case and spaces between

Oracle Linux 6.5 $ cat someStrings.txt GRANT select on MANHPRD.S_PROD_INT TO OR_PHIL; GRANT select on MANHPRD.S_PROD_INT TO OR_PHIL; GRANT select on SCOTT.emp to JOHN; grant select on scott.emp to john; grant select on scott.dept to hr;If you ignore the case and the empty space between the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
6 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)