Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting filtering records based on numeric field value in 8th position Post 302332766 by zaxxon on Friday 10th of July 2009 03:58:31 AM
Old 07-10-2009
@indusri
Next time use CODE-tags when posting code, data or logs to enhance readability and keep formatting/indetion etc. ty.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering records of a file based on a value of a column

Hi all, I would like to extract records of a file based on a condition. The file contains 47 fields, and I would like to extract only those records that match a certain value in one of the columns, e.g. COL1 COL2 COL3 ............... COL47 1 XX 45 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: risk_sly
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Based on num of records in file1 need to check records in file2 to set some condns

Hi All, I have two files say file1 and file2. I want to check the number of records in file1 and if its atleast 2 (i.e., 2 or greater than 2 ) then I have to check records in file2 .If records in file2 is atleast 1 (i.e. if its not empty ) i have to set some conditions . Could you pls... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mavesum
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

filter out all the records which are having space in the 8th filed of my file

I have a file which is having fileds separtaed by delimiter. Ex: C;4498;qwa;cghy;;;;40;;222122 C;4498;sample;city;;;;34 2;;222123 C;4498;qwe;xcbv;;;;34-2;;222124 C;4498;jj;sffz;;;;41;;222120 C;4498;eert;qwq;;;;34 A;;222125 C;4498;jj;szxzzd;;;;34;;222127 out of these records I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indusri
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract file records based on some field conditions

Hello Friends, I have a file(InputFile.csv) with the following columns(the columns are pipe-delimited): ColA|ColB|ColC|ColD|ColE|ColF Now for this file, I have to get those records which fulfil the following condition: If "ColB" is NOT NULL and "ColD" has values one of the following... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehimadri
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find sum & average of 8th field

Hi Friends, I have many files like below. total,0.7%,0.0%,0.2%,0.0%,0.2%,0.7%,98.0% total,1.9%,0.0%,0.4%,0.0%,0.0%,6.8%,90.6% total,0.9%,0.0%,0.4%,0.0%,0.0%,0.0%,98.5% total,1.4%,0.0%,0.7%,0.0%,0.2%,2.9%,94.5% total,0.7%,0.0%,0.4%,0.0%,0.0%,0.9%,97.7%... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
13 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering records from 1 file based on some manipulation doen on second file

Hi, I am looking for an awk script which should help me to meet the following requirement: File1 has records in following format INF: FAILEd RECORD AB1234 INF: FAILEd RECORD PQ1145 INF: FAILEd RECORD AB3215 INF: FAILEd RECORD AB6114 ............................ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mintu41
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering a numeric value which has '%' using awk

Hello Gurus, I have a requirement where I have to filter a value from some field which has 99% or greater than '99%'.. For ex: The Date (file -- sample.csv) will be like below Field1,Field2,Field3,Field4 860440512,844284992,16155520,99% 860440512,844284992,16155520,94%... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.iv85
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a string at a particular position and replace with blank based on position

Hi, I have a file with multiple lines(fixed width dat file). I want to search for '02' in the positions 45-46 and if available, in that lines, I need to replace value in position 359 with blank. As I am new to unix, I am not able to figure out how to do this. Can you please help me to achieve... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradhikshan
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with filtering records in a file

Hi, I have following records in a file more file1.txt setting applicaction ABC for user setting applicaction CDE for user setting applicaction XXX for user logging applicaction XXX for user I need to filter out records which have strings " setting... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manid
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Filtering records of a csv file based on a value of a column

Hi, I tried filtering the records in a csv file using "awk" command listed below. awk -F"~" '$4 ~ /Active/{print }' inputfile > outputfile The output always has all the entries. The same command worked for different users from one of the forum links. content of file I was... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunilmudikonda
3 Replies
cdb(5)								File Formats Manual							    cdb(5)

NAME
cdb - Constant DataBase file format DESCRIPTION
A cdb database is a single file used to map `keys' to `values', having records of (key,value) pairs. File consists of 3 parts: toc (table of contents), data and index (hash tables). Toc has fixed length of 2048 bytes, containing 256 pointers to hash tables inside index sections. Every pointer consists of position of a hash table in bytes from the beginning of a file, and a size of a hash table in entries, both are 4-bytes (32 bits) unsigned integers in little-endian form. Hash table length may have zero length, meaning that corresponding hash table is empty. Right after toc section, data section follows without any alingment. It consists of series of records, each is a key length, value (data) length, key and value. Again, key and value length are 4-byte unsigned integers. Each next record follows previous without any special alignment. After data section, index (hash tables) section follows. It should be looked to in conjunction with toc section, where each of max 256 hash tables are defined. Index section consists of series of hash tables, with starting position and length defined in toc section. Every hash table is a sequence of records each holds two numbers: key's hash value and record position inside data section (bytes from the begin- ning of a file to first byte of key length starting data record). If record position is zero, then this is an empty hash table slot, pointed to nowhere. CDB hash function is hv = ((hv << 5) + hv) ^ c for every single c byte of a key, starting with hv = 5381. Toc section indexed by (hv % 256), i.e. hash value modulo 256 (number of entries in toc section). In order to find a record, one should: first, compute the hash value (hv) of a key. Second, look to hash table number hv modulo 256. If it is empty, then there is no such key exists. If it is not empty, then third, loop by slots inside that hash table, starting from slot with number hv divided by 256 modulo length of that table, or ((hv / 256) % htlen), searching for this hv in hash table. Stop search on empty slot (if record position is zero) or when all slots was probed (note cyclic search, jumping from end to beginning of a table). When hash value in question is found in hash table, look to key of corresponding record, comparing it with key in question. If them of the same length and equals to each other, then record is found, overwise, repeat with next hash table slot. Note that there may be several records with the same key. SEE ALSO
cdb(1), cdb(3). AUTHOR
The tinycdb package written by Michael Tokarev <mjt@corpit.ru>, based on ideas and shares file format with original cdb library by Dan Bernstein. LICENSE
Public domain. Apr, 2005 cdb(5)