Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Intermittent problem reading from an input file. Post 302332647 by TonyFullerMalv on Thursday 9th of July 2009 05:27:06 PM
Old 07-09-2009
One idea is that if you make sure you always have a space after the # for the comment lines then the line:
Code:
 if [[ "$ROUTER" != *#* ]] ; then

could then be:
Code:
 if [[ "$ROUTER" != "#" ]] ; then

instead which might be more reliable?

Last edited by TonyFullerMalv; 07-20-2009 at 07:41 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help reading an input file in KSH

First I' d like to say you guys are awesome. :) I have a word document that I cut and paste into Textpad and it removed all the fancy formatting which is fine with me. I WinScp'd it to the box and and called it inputfile.txt. Opened it in vi and don't see any special characters or stuff that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zilla30066
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP Problem (Intermittent)

I am having problem with ftp not indicating any error, but my customer is complaining that their response file is not present on their machine. This only happens a couple of times a day. Is there a debugging option I can turn on to the trace the ftp command. I have a return code displayed and it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rob11g
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Intermittent Connection and Samba problem

Hi all , I just installed a Solaris10 on x86 machine , running on vmware . I was able to telnet from my local machine to the solaris ( the one running on the vmware) , but the connection was pretty slow and intermittent . Is there any setting that I should customize to ensure the telnet... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: osca7578
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading input from a file

I am trying to read input for a C program (that expects input from the user) from a file using the shell command: progname < filename but it seems that the program considers the char '<' as the first input, hence causing an "error" in my program. I checked it with another program and it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nadbar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading specific contents from 1 input files and appending it to another input file

Hi guys, I am new to AWK and unix scripting. Please see below my problem and let me know if anyone you can help. I have 2 input files (example given below) Input file 2 is a standard file (it will not change) and we have to get the name (second column after comma) from it and append it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sksahu
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SH] Problem reading input in script

Alright, so the goal of my script is to read text from standard input and store it into a file using the ex-editor: so far i've got this, but it doesn't work. #!/bin/s read text ex $1 >> HERE text HERE I don't get any errors either, so i don't know what i'm doing wrong. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bertieboy7
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help in reading the date from the input file name

Hi, I need to read the date from the input file. The format of the input file is as follows: a_b_c_yyyymmdd.txt I need to read the date(yyyymmdd) part from the name of the input file. Would really appreciate if someone can help me in this regard Thanks a lot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sunny_teotia
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in reading the input value

echo "Enter the Value : " read value sed '1s:\(.\{6\}\)\(.\{4\}\):\1'$value':' flextran$RUN_DATE-completed.txt > temp.txt mv temp.txt flextran$RUN_DATE-completed.txt on the run time after entering the input value it waits for keystroke and the values is not input to the function The output... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rammm
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading user input...problem with tab key

Hi all, I have a little problem with my shell script (reading user input, save user input to variable, invisible characters in the log file :() printf "1. What's your file path?" /path/to/my/file read -e FILE I have invisible characters in my log file (e.g. <ESC> or ^G) when I'm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: splendid
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User input while reading from a file

I am not able to capture the user input in this script(bash).There is prompt for user input.Could some one help me capture user input while reading afile? while read line do echo "$i" path1=$line path2=`echo $line|sed s/new_dir/old_dir/` echo "Do you want to replace?";... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: parijat guh
4 Replies
LDBMODIFY(1)						    System Administration tools 					      LDBMODIFY(1)

NAME
ldbmodify - Modify records in a LDB database SYNOPSIS
ldbmodify [-H LDB-URL] [ldif-file] DESCRIPTION
ldbmodify changes, adds and deletes records in a LDB database. The changes that should be made to the LDB database are read from the specified LDIF-file. If - is specified as the filename, input is read from stdin. For now, see ldapmodify(1) for details on the LDIF file format. OPTIONS
-H <ldb-url> LDB URL to connect to. See ldb(3) for details. ENVIRONMENT
LDB_URL LDB URL to connect to (can be overrided by using the -H command-line option.) VERSION
This man page is correct for version 1.1 of LDB. SEE ALSO
ldb(3), ldbedit AUTHOR
ldb was written by Andrew Tridgell[1]. If you wish to report a problem or make a suggestion then please see the http://ldb.samba.org/ web site for current contact and maintainer information. This manpage was written by Jelmer Vernooij. NOTES
1. Andrew Tridgell http://samba.org/~tridge/ LDB 1.1 06/17/2014 LDBMODIFY(1)