Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX export command is not working in AIX5.3 Post 302332558 by balareddy on Thursday 9th of July 2009 12:12:38 PM
Old 07-09-2009
export command is not working in AIX5.3

I am trying to export command at shell in AIX5.3.
example: environment variable SAMPLE=test is set. after logged in to the shell, i tried to export this variavle to $ export SAMPLE=test1.

If i do $ echo $SAMPLE, it is still giving test instead of test1. what shall i do??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export Query not Working in Shell

I am exporting data using a shell program. I am getting all of the records instead of getting a subset based on my query. The export_problem.par lists all of my tables. I tried the query with the ' and without it. How do I get the export to use the query? Thanks! ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GEBRAUN
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed Command : Parse parameter file / send the lines to the ksh export command

Sorry for the duplicate thread this one is similar to the one in https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/88132-awk-sed-script-read-values-parameter-files.html#post302255121 Since there were no responses on the parent thread since it got resolved partially i thought to open the new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
4 Replies

3. AIX

How to upgrade AIX5.3TL6-07 to AIX5.3TL8-04?

Hello All, After creating lpp_source/spot from AIX 5.3TL6-07 DVD on the NIM(AIX6.1), I went online and download the fix pack for reaching TL8-04. (it was less than 200Mgegs total) then I did define a newer lpp_source530TL8-04 via a copy from the older lpp_source530TL6-07 (I diduse a command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangers
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export Command

Hello All, I am transferring a file from one server to another server. File name is stored as Wip_DD-MM-YY .i.e if we run the program today the file is stored as Wip_18-FEB-09.txt. This file i need to transfer. My question is how do we assign the this filename to a variable. i treid in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chpraveen_862
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

export not working in Bash shell

Hi Friends, I am presently migrating shell scripts writter in KSH to SH.I am stuck at this place and i am not able to find a work around:- Let the script name is x.sh Below are some of the codes in it... export abc=hello export abc=hi export abc=how When i am trying to compile the script ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit.behera
6 Replies

6. Solaris

nfs export not working at boot

we have a Solaris 8 nfs server that exported two shares. entries are in /etc/dfs/dfstab. clients have been accessing these shares for several years. we just rebooted this nfs server and noticed that no share gets exported. I don't see relevant messages from dmsg nor messages file, is there... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalite19
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

When i am trying to execute export command within a shell script it is saying command not found.

I am running the export command within a view to use that value inside my build script. But while executing it it is saying "export command not found" My code is as follows: -------------------------- #!/bin/sh user="test" DIR="/bldtmp/"$user VIEW="test.view1" echo "TMPDIR before export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchoudhury
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

export of a variable isn't working

Hi I want export input data ... echo "month: " read m export m=$m also export m is not working ? the month-variable should be exportet for the use in other scripts, but it is not working like this. What i'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance! IMPe (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
10 Replies

9. AIX

ZIP is not working in aix5.3

I am trying zip a file in a aix and getting error below #zip -P welcome test.zip test.csv zip error: Invalid command arguments (encryption not supported) Myos details are 5300-04-03 RPM installed are --- $ rpm -q zip zip-2.3-3 Please help me to resovel this. Please use code... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkataraju
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

export variable not working after su

I have a requirement to change user inside a shell script and execute group of commands. I have done it many times earlier but never came across the issue with exporting variables. Strangely if a var is exported afetr su, it is not working where as if it is does outside su, it works. Another issue... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasiharitha
8 Replies
pam_sample(5)															     pam_sample(5)

NAME
pam_sample - a sample PAM module SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/security/pam_sample.so.1 The SAMPLE service module for PAM is divided into four components: authentication, account management, password management, and session management. The sample module is a shared object that is dynamically loaded to provide the necessary functionality. SAMPLE Authentication Component The SAMPLE authentication module provides functions to test the PAM framework functionality using the pam_sm_authenticate(3PAM) call. The SAMPLE module implementation of the pam_sm_authenticate(3PAM) function compares the user entered password with the password set in the pam.conf(4) file, or the string "test" if a default test password has not been set. The following options can be passed in to the SAMPLE Authentication module: debug Syslog debugging information at the LOG_DEBUG level. passwd=newone Sets the password to be "newone." first_pass_good The first password is always good when used with the use_first_pass or try_first_pass option. first_pass_bad The first password is always bad when used with the use_first_pass or try_first_pass option. always_fail Always returns PAM_AUTH_ERR. always_succeed Always returns PAM_SUCCESS. always_ignore Always returns PAM_IGNORE. use_first_pass Use the user's initial password (entered when the user is authenticated to the first authentication module in the stack) to authenticate with the SAMPLE module. If the passwords do not match, or if this is the first authentica- tion module in the stack, quit and do not prompt the user for a password. It is recommended that this option only be used if the SAMPLE authentication module is designated as optional in the pam.conf configuration file. try_first_pass Use the user's initial password (entered when the user is authenticated to the first authentication module in the stack) to authenticate with the SAMPLE module. If the passwords do not match, or if this is the first authentica- tion module in the stack, prompt the user for a password. The SAMPLE module pam_sm_setcred(3PAM) function always returns PAM_SUCCESS. SAMPLE Account Management Component The SAMPLE Account Management Component implements a simple access control scheme that limits machine access to a list of authorized users. The list of authorized users is supplied as option arguments to the entry for the SAMPLE account management PAM module in the pam.conf file. Note that the module always permits access to the root super user. The option field syntax to limit access is shown below: allow= name[,name] allow= name [allow=name] The example pam.conf show below permits only larry to login directly. rlogin is allowed only for don and larry. Once a user is logged in, the user can use su if the user are sam or eric. login account require pam_sample.so.1 allow=larry dtlogin account require pam_sample.so.1 allow=larry rlogin account require pam_sample.so.1 allow=don allow=larry su account require pam_sample.so.1 allow=sam,eric The debug and nowarn options are also supported. SAMPLE Password Management Component The SAMPLE Password Management Component function ( pam_sm_chauthtok(3PAM)), always returns PAM_SUCCESS. SAMPLE Session Management Component The SAMPLE Session Management Component functions ( pam_sm_open_session(3PAM), pam_sm_close_session(3PAM)) always return PAM_SUCCESS. See attributes(5) for description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |MT Level |MT-Safe with exceptions | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pam(3PAM), pam_sm_authenticate(3PAM), pam_sm_chauthtok(3PAM), pam_sm_close_session(3PAM), pam_sm_open_session(3PAM), pam_sm_setcred(3PAM), libpam(3LIB), pam.conf(4), attributes(5) This module should never be used outside of a closed debug environment. The examples of the use_first_pass and try_first_pass options are obsolete for all other Solaris delivered PAM service modules The interfaces in libpam() are MT-Safe only if each thread within the multi-threaded application uses its own PAM handle. 16 Aug 2005 pam_sample(5)