Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Calculate 30/31 days from today date script Post 302332510 by fpmurphy on Thursday 9th of July 2009 09:59:06 AM
Old 07-09-2009
If you are using ksh93, a much shorter solution is available using printf.
Code:
$ date
Thu Jul  9 09:48:10 EDT 2009
$ printf "%T\n" "now + 30 days"
Sat Aug  8 09:48:47 EDT 2009
$

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to calculate user's last login to check if > 90 days

I need a script to figure out if a user's last login was 90 days or older. OS=AIX 5.3, shell=Korn Here's what I have so far: ==== #!/usr/bin/ksh NOW=`lsuser -a time_last_login root | awk -F= '{ print $2 }'` (( LAST_LOGIN_TIME = 0 )) (( DIFF = $NOW - $LAST_LOGIN_TIME )) lsuser -a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdtak
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to copy log files with today's date

I am a newbie to scripting. I need a korn shell script to copy log files of current day to archive folder and rename with current days date stamp. I would really appreciate your help. File structure is as follows. Everyday files get overwritten, so I need copy to a archive directory and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdncan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Get 60 days Old date from current date in KSH script

Hi i am writing a cron job. so for it i need the 60 days old date form current date in variable. Like today date is 27 jan 2011 then output value will be stote in variable in formet Nov 27. i am using EST date, and tried lot of solution and see lot of post but it did not helpful for me. so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Himanshu_soni
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script Not working (calculate days since 1/1/2000 given day 4444)

I am unable to get this KSH script to work. Can someone help. I've been told this should work with KSH93. Which I think I have on Solaris 10. If I do a grep -i version /usr/dt/bin/dtksh I get @(#)Version M-12/28/93d @(#)Version 12/28/93 @(#)Version M-12/28/93 This is correct for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thibodc
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate the number of days between 2 dates - bash script

I wrote the day calculator also in bash. I would like to now, that is it good so? #!/bin/bash datum1=`date -d "1991/1/1" "+%s"` datum2=`date "+%s"` diff=$(($datum2-$datum1)) days=$(($diff/(60*60*24))) echo $days Thanks in advance for your help! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kovacsakos
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX date fuction - how to deduct days from today's date

Hi, One of my Unix scripts needs to look for files coming in on Fridays. This script runs on Mondays. $date +"%y%m%d" will give me today's date. How can I get previous Friday's date.. can I do "today's date minus 3 days" to get Friday's date? If not, then any other way?? Name of the files is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script to rename file that was generated today and which starts with date

hello, can someone please suggest a script to rename a file that was generated today and filename that being generated daily starts with date, its a xml file. here is example. # find . -type f -mtime -1 ./20130529_4995733057260357019.xml # this finename should be renamed to this format.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get business days including today's date

I am trying to get last 5 business day . trying for d in Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri do date +%Y%m%d -d "last $d" done gives me date Thu Oct 20 23:56:26 EDT 2016 20161017 20161018 20161019 20161013 20161014 expected output should be 20161017 20161018 20161019 20161020 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhii
2 Replies

9. Linux

How to calculate the quarter end date according to the current date in shell script?

Hi, My question is how to calculate the quarter end date according to the current date in shell script? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divya_1234
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare Date to today's date in shell script

Hi Community! Following on from this code in another thread: #!/bin/bash file_string=`/bin/cat date.txt | /usr/bin/awk '{print $5,$4,$7,$6,$8}'` file_date=`/bin/date -d "$file_string"` file_epoch=`/bin/date -d "$file_string" +%s` now_epoch=`/bin/date +%s` if then #let... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Greenage
2 Replies
NNGOBACK(1)						      General Commands Manual						       NNGOBACK(1)

NAME
nngoback - make news articles unread on a day-by-day basis (nn) SYNOPSIS
nngoback [ -NQvi ] [-d] days [ group ]... DESCRIPTION
nngoback will rewind the .newsrc record file of nn(1) one or more days. It can be used to rewind all groups, or only a specified set of groups. In other words, nngoback can mark news articles which have arrived on the system during the last days days unread. Only subscribed groups that occur in the current presentation sequence are rewound. That means that if no group arguments are specified, all groups occurring in the sequence defined in the init file will be rewound. Otherwise, only the groups specified on the argument line will be rewound. When a group is rewound, the information about selections, partially read digests etc. are discarded. It will print notifications about this unless the -Q (quiet) option is used. If the -i (interactive) option is specified, nngoback will report for each how many articles can be marked unread, and ask for confirmation before going back in that group. If the -v (verbose) option is specified, nngoback will report how many articles are marked unread. If the -N (no-update) option is specified, nngoback will perform the entire goback operation, but not update the .newsrc file. If you are not up-to-date with your news reading, you can also use nngoback to catch up to only have the last few days of news waiting to be read in the following way: nn -a0 nngoback 3 The nn command will mark all articles in all groups as read (answer all to the catch-up question.) The following nngoback will then make the last three days of news unread again. Examples: nngoback 0 Mark the articles which have arrived today as unread. nngoback 1 Mark the articles which have arrived yesterday and today as unread. nngoback 6 Mark the articles which have arrived during the last week as unread. You cannot go more than 14 days back with nngoback. (You can change this limit as described below.) THE BACK_ACT DAEMON It is a prerequisite for the use of nngoback that the script back_act is executed at an appropriate time once (and only once) every day. Preferably this is done by cron right before the bacth of news for `today' is received. back_act will maintain copies of the active file for the last 14 days. Optionally, the back_act program accepts a single numerical argument specifying how many copies of the active file it should maintain. This is useful if news is expired after 7 days, in which case keeping more than 7 days of active file copies is wasteful. FILES
~/.newsrc The record of read articles. ~/.newsrc.goback The original rc file before goback. $db/active.N The N days `old' active file. $master/back_act Script run by cron to maintain old active files. SEE ALSO
nn(1), nncheck(1), nngrab(1), nngrep(1), nnpost(1), nntidy(1) nnadmin(1M), nnusage(1M), nnmaster(8) NOTES
nngoback does not check the age of the `old' active files; it will blindly believe that active.0 was created today, and that active.7 is really seven days old! Therefore, the back_act script should be run once and only once every day for nngoback to work properly. The days are counted relative to the time the active files were copied. AUTHOR
Kim F. Storm, Texas Instruments A/S, Denmark E-mail: storm@texas.dk 4th Berkeley Distribution Release 6.6 NNGOBACK(1)