Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Stripping down binaries
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Stripping down binaries Post 302332407 by zaxxon on Thursday 9th of July 2009 04:55:01 AM
Old 07-09-2009
Never heared of either but welcome.
Code:
strip <binary>
#or read
man strip

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows Binaries

This is probably a really stupid question: Why doesnt windows binaries run in *nix? Is it the filesystem? or what? //Maestin (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maestin
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

Binaries/Depot for Subversion 1.4.3 for HP/UX 11.11

Could anyone help me out by providing binaries/depot for subversion 1.4.3? The hpux version is: HP-UX myhappybox B.11.11 U 9000/800 I am having trouble compiling the sources for hpux, the provided dependancies are extracted, but it continually falls over. We have previously had svn... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spud
3 Replies

3. Solaris

compare two binaries.

Dear I want to know how i can compare between two binaries by using check sum command. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abu_hassan
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP is corrupting binaries

I'm ftping some binaries from a centos box to an old DEC machine. They're being transferred in bin, but they're being corrupted somehow because when I run file filename on the centos machine, it shows that it's an executable. But after the ftp and running the same command on the DEC, the file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krisl
5 Replies

5. Solaris

How to compare binaries

I have the same two source files. They MUST be compiled with -g debugger option. The binaries are different. But in fact the binaries work the same. How to compare them to know the are compiled using the same source code. In Linux it is enough to: strip --strip-all <file> and diff shows no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mblank
2 Replies

6. Linux

nmap binaries for linux

Hi , I am exploring the nmap utility for Linux. I know that, nmap binaries are specific to the platforms e.g. nmap binaries will be diferent for Windows , AIX , Solaris and Linux platforms. Can anyone tell me , will the nmap binaries be different for different flavours of Linux such as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jatin56
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why does /bin contain binaries for builtins?

Why do shell builtins like echo and pwd have binaries in /bin? When I do which pwd, I get the one in /bin. that means that I am not using the builtin version? What determines which one gets used? Is the which command a definitive way to determine what is being run when I enter pwd? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
16 Replies

8. Red Hat

Intel binaries on PPC

Is it possible to run binaries compiled for Intel platforms running on linux on a PPC system running on linux? I have a POWER4 IBM system and like to use it as a linux box with all desktop apps on it. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to compare binaries

Hi All, I am very new to scripting and wanted to write a script for comparison of folder including binary files like ear's and jars. Following is the job for which I need it: 1. Compare two folders recursively 2. Compare the binaries like ear's but exclude files like MANIFEST files 3.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maverick.topgun
1 Replies

10. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios binaries for AIX 7.1

Hello All, I am new to Nagios. I have a requirement to monitor AIX 7.1 using Nagios xi, could any one guide me steps to go in right direction. I know Nagios doesn't have precompiled agent and plugin for aix 7.1. Appreciate your help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bsivavani
1 Replies
TIFFWriteRawStrip(3tiff)												  TIFFWriteRawStrip(3tiff)

NAME
TIFFWriteRawStrip - write a strip of raw data to an open TIFF file SYNOPSIS
#include <tiffio.h> tsize_t TIFFWriteRawStrip(TIFF* tif, tstrip_t strip, tdata_t buf, tsize_t size) Append size bytes of raw data to the specified strip. EXTENDED DESCRIPTION
The strip number must be valid according to the current settings of the ImageLength and RowsPerStrip tags. An image may be dynamically grown by increasing the value of ImageLength prior to each call to TIFFWriteRawStrip. Diagnostics All error messages are directed to the TIFFError(3tiff) routine. %s: File not open for wrThenfile was opened for reading, not writing. Can not write scanlines Theaimagedismassumed to be organized in tiles because the TileWidth and TileLength tags have been set with TIFFSet- Field(3tiff). %s: Must set "ImageWidthTheeimagewwidthghastnot been set before the first write. See TIFFSetField(3tiff) for information on how to do this. %s: Must set "PlanarConfTheraorganization woftidataahas not been defined before the first write. See TIFFSetField(3tiff) for information on how to do this. %s: No space for strip aThere"was not enough space for the arrays that hold strip offsets and byte counts. %s: Strip %d out of rangThemspecified strip is not a valid strip according to the currently specified image dimensions. -1 is returned if an error was encountered. Otherwise, the value of size is returned. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWTiff | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Uncommitted | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ libtiff(3), TIFFOpen(3tiff), TIFFWriteEncodedStrip(3tiff), TIFFWriteScanline(3tiff) This man page was originally written by Sam Leffler. Updated by Breda McColgan, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. 05 Apr 2004 TIFFWriteRawStrip(3tiff)