Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Listing tomorrows date
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Listing tomorrows date Post 302332314 by theninja on Wednesday 8th of July 2009 05:23:06 PM
Old 07-08-2009
Doh!, didn't even think about that.
I took out the DST altogether and i works fine.

Thanks methyl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

long listing of files up to a given date

Hi I would like to a long list of files up to a given date. I've tried: ls -al > filelist but this command gives me all the files. I've also have tried the find command: find . -mtime -10 -type f -print > filelist This gives me information on active file within the past 10 days and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rlh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

listing files that do not belong to current date

How do we list all the file names in a directory that does not belong to current date. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: esh.mohan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

listing files that does not belong to current date

How do we list all the file names in a directory that does not belong to current date. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: esh.mohan
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing file name and date

Hello. I want to make an unix script which create a file with the name and the date of creation of the different files that there are in a directory. Can do you please help me? Thank you in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jfka
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing files that belong to a certain year date?

I'm trying to list files, first by size and I'm using something like this ls -l|awk '{print $5,$6,$7,$8,$9|"sort -nr"}'|more Now I'd like to just do the same listing but only for files with the year 2009 in the $8 field or even anything less than 2011. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing based on User and Date

listing based on user. I have files in some folder that come from many user -rwxrwxr-x 1 ratih pbank 4827112 Jun 8 08:37 S92TA-8.sgy -rwxrwxr-x 1 ratih pbank 4724568 Jun 8 08:37 S92TA-6.sgy -rwxrwxr-x 1 ratih pbank 4929656 Jun 8 08:37 S92TA-19.sgy -rwxrwxr-x 1 ratih ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muhnandap
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date listing in a date range

Solaris 10 ksh88 Sorry for re-hashing some of this, but I can't find a proper solution in the forums. Starting with /a/archive containing (on and on date formatted directories) 20060313 20080518 20100725 20121015 20060314 20080519 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moesplace
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confused with date - listing

Hello,:) Can anyone help me out in giving a script for my requirement please.. I have a number of files in a directory like somenumber.0100 somenumber.0130 somenumber.0159 somenumber.0300 somenumber.0330 somenumber.0525 . . . here, the number after the dot is the time (hhmm) I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raghu8985
6 Replies

9. AIX

Date not appearing when listing using ls -la

Hi everyone, this strange error suddenly popped up out of no where when I do a directory listing , the date part doesn't appear root@oradb:/backup>ls -la total 58069304 drwxr-xr-x 3 root system 4096 23 ▒▒▒ 21:56 . drwxr-xr-x 44 root system 1536 23 ▒▒▒ 21:47... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need help with listing file name and modified date on a huge directory

hi, We have a huge directory that ha 5.1 Million files in it. We are trying to get the file name and modified timestamp of the most recent 3 years from this huge directory for a migration project. However, the ls command (background process) to list the file names and timestamp is running for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subbu
2 Replies
rtc(1M) 						  System Administration Commands						   rtc(1M)

NAME
rtc - provide all real-time clock and GMT-lag management SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/rtc [-c] [-z zone-name] DESCRIPTION
On x86 systems, the rtc command reconciles the difference in the way that time is established between UNIX and MS-DOS systems. UNIX systems utilize Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), while MS-DOS systems utilize local time. Without arguments, rtc displays the currently configured time zone string. The currently configured time zone string is based on what was last recorded by rtc-z zone-name. The rtc command is not normally run from a shell prompt; it is generally invoked by the system. Commands such as date(1) and rdate(1M), which are used to set the time on a system, invoke /usr/sbin/rtc -c to ensure that daylight savings time (DST) is corrected for properly. OPTIONS
-c This option checks for DST and makes corrections if necessary. It is normally run once a day by a cron job. If there is no RTC time zone or /etc/rtc_config file, this option will do nothing. -z zone-name This option, which is normally run by the system at software installation time, is used to specify the time zone in which the RTC is to be maintained. It updates the configuration file /etc/rtc_config with the name of the specified zone and the current GMT lag for that zone. If there is an existing rtc_config file, this command will update it. If not, this command will create it. FILES
/etc/rtc_config The data file used to record the time zone and GMT lag. This file is completely managed by /usr/sbin/rtc, and it is read by the kernel. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
date(1), rdate(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 3 Oct 2003 rtc(1M)