Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring HPUX net-SNMP interpreter "/bin/perl" not found Post 302332293 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 8th of July 2009 03:47:20 PM
Old 07-08-2009
Where is perl installed? create a symlink in /bin called /bin/perl and have it point to the real location of perl
Code:

ln -s /usr/local/sbin/someoddplace/perl  /bin/perl

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

#!/bin/sh script fails at StringA | tr "[x]" "[y]"

I need to take a string (stringA) check it for spaces and replace any spaces found with an equal (=) sign. This is not working. There are spaces between each component: $StringA | tr "" "" The error returned is: test: Specify a parameter with this command Can you help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: by_tg
3 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Need Help on "waitfor" command in net::Telnet Module in PERL

Hi, Can anybody help me in writing command "waitfor" for string "C:\WINNT\Profiles\mfcf0508>" while using net::Telnet module. I tried the below format : $telnet->waitfor('/"C\:\WINNT\Profiles\mfcf0508>".*$/i'); Getting error as : pattern match timed-out Plz help me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhakaryadav
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on use of "cmd" command in net::Telnet module in PERL

in "cmd" command i want to copy the ouput of the command excuted to a particular file in a directory. How to do this..?? Ex : $telnet->cmd(String => 'allip:acl=a1;',Prompt => '/</'); i want to copy o/p of the command "allip:acl=a1;" in a log file in a particular directory. Plz suggest.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhakaryadav
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pressing "Enter/Space bar" using Net::TELNET? in Perl

I'm trying to learn how to get my script to execute the enter button when it telnets into a router and the router displays output but you need to press the space bar or enter button to continue displaying my output of the router. How is this done? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xmaverick
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between "/bin/bash" & "/bin/sh"

what if the difference between #!/bin/sh and #!/bin/bash I wrote a script with the second heading now when i change my heading to the first one ...the script is not executing well....im not getting the required output....any solution to this problem...or do i have to start the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xerox
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

HPUX "bdf" , "%" align to right side.

Hi All, Need you help. I have HPUX “bdf” output, I need % to be align to right side. if you see there are long file systems lv so i cant do column formatting. Any idea or best way to align the "%" to be right side. /dev/emcvg02/lv01 52428800 29931 49123947 0% /abc/disco/iasbin... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashanabey
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: errors during "install Net::SSLeay"

Hi, Here is the errors: Any help will be greatly appreciated! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If cmd in in "A/user/bin A/bin A/user/sbin" but not "B/user/bin B/bin B/user/sbin" directory print t

there are two directories A and B if cmd in in "A/user/bin A/bin A/user/sbin" but not "B/user/bin B/bin B/user/sbin" directory print them (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mindboggling difference between using "tee" and "/usr/bin/tee" in bash

I'm on Ubuntu 14.04 and I manually updated my coreutils so that "tee" is now on version 8.27 I was running a script using bash where there is some write to pipe error at some point causing the tee command to exit abruptly while the script continues to run. The newer version of tee seems to prevent... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stompadon
2 Replies
net-snmp-config(1)						     Net-SNMP							net-snmp-config(1)

NAME
net-snmp-config - returns information about installed net-snmp libraries and binaries SYNOPSIS
net-snmp-config [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
The net-snmp-config shell script is designed to retrieve the configuration information about the libraries and binaries dealing with the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), built from the net-snmp source package. The information is particularly useful for applications that need to link against the SNMP libraries and hence must know about any other libraries that must be linked in as well. OPTIONS
--version displays the net-snmp version number --indent-options displays the indent options from the Coding Style --debug-tokens displays a example command line to search to source code for a list of available debug tokens SNMP Setup commands: --create-snmpv3-user [-ro] [-a authpass] [-x privpass] [-X DES|AES] [-A MD5|SHA] [username] These options produce the various compilation flags needed when building external SNMP applications: --base-cflags lists additional compilation flags needed for external applications (excludes -I. and extra developer warning flags, if any) --cflags lists additional compilation flags needed --libs lists libraries needed for building applications --agent-libs lists libraries needed for building subagents --netsnmp-libs lists netsnmp specific libraries --external-libs lists libraries needed by netsnmp libs --netsnmp-agent-libs lists netsnmp specific agent libraries --external-agent-libs lists libraries needed by netsnmp libs Automated subagent building (produces an OUTPUTNAME binary file): [This feature has not been extensively tested, use at your own risk.] --compile-subagent OUTPUTNAME [--norm] [--cflags flags] [--ldflags flags] mibmodule1.c [...]] --norm leave the generated .c file around to read. --cflags flags extra cflags to use (e.g. -I...). --ldflags flags extra ld flags to use (e.g. -L... -l...). Details on how the net-nsmp package was compiled: --configure-options Display original configure arguments --snmpd-module-list Display the modules compiled into the agent --prefix Display the installation prefix V5.7.2 16 Nov 2006 net-snmp-config(1)