Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ctrl-o in bash on os X leopard -- how does it work exactly? Post 302332266 by frozentin on Wednesday 8th of July 2009 02:13:55 PM
Old 07-08-2009
No, it doesn't do anything by itself. It needs arguments afaik. Apologize for not being clear about this earlier.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

my ctrl+c doesn't work

it seams that my ctrl+c and my ctrl+d don't work. if I type a bunch of jiberish on a line and ctrl+c I expect the command to be cancelled and to be given a fresh prompt, but instead it just putts ^C at the end of the line. Also, ctrl+d should close the session, but instead mine just puts ^D at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yankee428
3 Replies

2. AIX

Disable ctrl-c,ctrl-d,ctrl-d in ksh script

I wrote a ksh script for Helpdesk. I need to know how to disable ctrl-c,ctrl-z,ctrl-d..... so that helpdesk would not be able to get to system prompt :confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtofu
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ctrl+S resulting in (i-search) in bash

Hi On solaris, when I press Ctrl+S on an XTERM, the window normally freezes. But today on the same machine, the Ctrl+S key results in (i-search) !! I understand that it has got something to do with emacs (may be not). But I do not use emacs at all. Other specific keys including <backspace>,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji280283
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash Location in Leopard

Hi, Where is bash located in Leopard? According O'Reilly's "Bash Cookbook" Mac OS 10.2 and newer ship with bash as /bin/sh. But I checked and there is a /bin/bash. Which would I use in my shebang when writing BASH scripts? Mike (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CTRL/C does not work

Hi My CTRL/C does not work thought the STTY setting looks Ok Appreciate your assistance $stty -a speed 38400 baud; rows = 24; columns = 80; ypixels = 0; xpixels = 0; eucw 1:0:0:0, scrw 1:0:0:0 intr = ^c; quit = ^\; erase = ^?; kill = ^u; eof = ^d; eol = <undef>; eol2 = <undef>;... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: zam
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

alias in bash shell for CTRL + l

Is it possible to create an alias wherein it will use a keystroke. Like to clear the screen in bash i have to use CTRL + l. I want to make an alias 'c' out of this. Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: or_knob
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ctrl-enter doesn't work when running Midnight Commander in xterm

When running MC in xterm or gnome-terminal, it doesn't seem to allow the use of Ctrl-enter and Ctr-shift-enter to copy marked files to the command line. Does anyone know of another way to cause this to happen or a way to enable it under xterm/gnome-term? With thanks, Narnie (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ctrl-c in bash script - Programming

Hi All, I need to place a ctrl-c interrupt in a bash script, there is no other way, it has to be done :) can someone please advise how would I go about this? i want to use ctrl c in below code, after the code excution of just 1 min or 1sec java Cspsamp 111.19.5.172 7025 rd1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ctrl-V + Ctrl-J for newline character does not work inside vi editor

Hi friends, I am trying to add a newline char ('\n') between the query and the commit statement in the following shell script. #! /bin/sh echo "select * from tab; commit;" > data.sql I have tried typing in "Ctrl-V + Ctrl-J" combination which has inserted ^@ (NUL) character but the commit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send ctrl-C signal using bash script.

declare -a array=( "LLC-load-misses" "LLC-loads" "LLC-store-misses" "LLC-stores" "branch-load-misses" "branch-loads" "dTLB-load-misses" "dTLB-loads" "dTLB-store-misses" "dTLB-stores" "iTLB-load-misses" "iTLB-loads" "branch-instructions" "branch-misses" "bus-cycles" "cache-misses" "cache-references"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BHASKAR JUPUDI
2 Replies
LIBBASH(7)							  libbash Manual							LIBBASH(7)

NAME
libbash -- A bash shared libraries package. DESCRIPTION
libbash is a package that enables bash dynamic-like shared libraries. Actually its a tool for managing bash scripts whose functions you may want to load and use in scripts of your own. It contains a 'dynamic loader' for the shared libraries ( ldbash(1)), a configuration tool (ldbashconfig(8)), and some libraries. Using ldbash(1) you are able to load loadable bash libraries, such as getopts(1) and hashstash(1). A bash shared library that can be loaded using ldbash(1) must answer 4 requirments: 1. It must be installed in $LIBBASH_PREFIX/lib/bash (default is /usr/lib/bash). 2. It must contain a line that begins with '#EXPORT='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of functions that the library exports. I.e. all the function that will be usable after loading that library will be listed in that line. 3. It must contain a line that begins with '#REQUIRE='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of bash libraries that are required for our library. I.e. every bash library that is in use in our bash library must be listed there. 4. The library must be listed (For more information, see ldbashconfig(8)). Basic guidelines for writing library of your own: 1. Be aware, that your library will be actually sourced. So, basically, it should contain (i.e define) only functions. 2. Try to declare all variables intended for internal use as local. 3. Global variables and functions that are intended for internal use (i.e are not defined in '#EXPORT=') should begin with: __<library_name>_ For example, internal function myfoosort of hashstash library should be named as __hashstash_myfoosort This helps to avoid conflicts in global name space when using libraries that come from different vendors. 4. See html manual for full version of this guide. AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <ril@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), ldbashconfig(8), getopts(1), hashstash(1) colors(1) messages(1) urlcoding(1) locks(1) Linux Epoch Linux