Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ethtool problem
Top Forums Programming ethtool problem Post 302332206 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 8th of July 2009 10:18:39 AM
Old 07-08-2009
Advertised auto-negotiation is on.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with dd command or maybe AFS problem

Hi, folks. Sorry for bothering, but maybe someone could help me please. The problem is the following: there is some script that copies files from local file system to AFS. The copying is performed with dd command. The script copies data into some AFS volumes. The problem appeared with one... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anta
0 Replies

2. Solaris

problem in finding a hardware problem

Hi I am right now facing a strange hardware problem. System get booted with the following error: Fatal Error Reset CPU 0000.0000.0000.0003 AFSR 0100.0000.0000.0000 SCE AFAR 0000.07c6.0000.1000 SC Alert: Host System has Reset It happen 4 or 5 times and get the same error every time.I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ethtool : command not found

Hi, I am uising Suse linux on my system and i tried : man ethtool and i got the manual for ethtool but when i tried to use the command as: ethtool -a eth0 it says Command not found. also, i tried rpm -qa|grep ethtool i got: ethtool-3-15.2 so,it means my system has ethtool server or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: salil2012
4 Replies

4. AIX

user login problem & Files listing problem.

1) when user login to the server the session got colosed. How will resolve? 2) While firing the command ls -l we are not able to see the any files in the director. but over all view the file system using the command df -g it is showing 91% used. what will be the problem? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

5. AIX

AIX OS problem? network problem?

Dear ALL. I installed AIX OS on customer sites. but Only one site is too slow when I connected telnet, ftp.. Ping is too fast. but telnet and FTP is not connected.. of course i check the configuration file on aix but it's normal. Do any Idea?? thanks in advance. - Jun - (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeon Jun Seok
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

Problem with forwarding emails (SPF problem)

Hi, This is rather a question from a "user" than from a sys admin, but I think this forum is apropriate for the question. I have an adress with automatic email forwarding and for some senders (two hietherto), emails are bouncing. This has really created a lot of problems those two time so I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: carwe
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Ethtool script not running on boot.

Hi, there is an incompatibility between my NIC and my Western Digital Powerline adapters which appears to cause autonegotiation to fail intermittently, most often following a reboot. Running the following Ethtool script will establish a connection immediately: #!/bin/sh # chkconfig: 345 85... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: torley
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed Or Grep Problem OR Terminal Problem?

I don't know if you guys get this problem sometimes at Terminal but I had been having this problem since yesterday :( Maybe I overdid the Terminal. Even the codes that used to work doesn't work anymore. Here is what 's happening: * I wanted to remove lines containing digits so I used this... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
25 Replies

9. IP Networking

Router problem or ISP problem ?

Hi everyone, I am experiencing discontinuity of Internet service, this started 1 month ago. Everything worked very well for 1 year of intensive use, but now, I have problems reaching my gateway. The gateway is not my router but a node belonging to my ISP and I share the same public IP with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: remic
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ethtool command not working

Hi All, I am trying to find my NIC card speed in centos 5. But i am unable to get the info using ethtool command. # ethtool eth0 Settings for eth0: Link detected: yes and even tried to look for the file # cd /sys/class/net/eth0/speed files which is also not available.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravani25
8 Replies
dmfe(7D)							      Devices								  dmfe(7D)

NAME
dmfe - Davicom Fast Ethernet driver for Davicom DM9102A SYNOPSIS
/platform/sun4u/kernel/drv/sparcv9/dmfe DESCRIPTION
The dmfe Ethernet device provides 100Base-TX networking interfaces using the Davicom DM9102A chip, which incorporates its own internal transceiver. The dmfe driver is a multithreaded, loadable, clonable, GLD-based STREAMS driver. Multiple controllers installed within the system are supported by the driver. The dmfe driver functions include controller initialization, frame transmit and receive, promiscuous and multicast support, and error recovery and reporting. The 100Base-TX standard specifies an auto-negotiation protocol to automatically select the mode and speed of operation. The internal trans- ceiver is capable of performing autonegotiation with the remote-end of the link (link partner) and receives the capabilities of the remote end. It selects the highest common denominator mode of operation based on the priorities. The internal transceiver also supports a forced-mode of operation under which the driver selects the operational mode. APPLICATION PROGRAMMING INTERFACE
The /dev/dmfe cloning character-special device is used to access all Davicom DM9102A devices installed in the system. The dmfe driver is dependent on /kernel/misc/gld, a loadable kernel module that provides the dmfe driver with the DLPI and STREAMS func- tionality required of a LAN driver. See gld(7D) for more details on the primitives supported by the driver. You must send an explicit DL_ATTACH_REQ message to associate the opened stream with a particular device (ppa). The ppa ID is interpreted as an unsigned integer data type and indicates the corresponding device instance (unit) number. If the ppa field value does not correspond to a valid device instance number for this system, an error (DL_ERROR_ACK) is returned. The device is initialized on first attach and de-ini- tialized (stopped) at last detach. The values returned by the driver in the DL_INFO_ACK primitive in response to a DL_INFO_REQ are as follows: o Maximum SDU is 1500 (ETHERMTU - defined in sys/ethernet.h). o Minimum SDU is 0. o DLSAP address length is 8. o MAC type is DL_ETHER. o The sap length value is -2, meaning the physical address component is followed immediately by a 2-byte sap component within the DLSAP address. o The broadcast address value is the Ethernet/IEEE broadcast address (FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF). Once in the DL_ATTACHED state, you must send a DL_BIND_REQ to associate a particular Service Access Point (SAP) with the stream. CONFIGURATION
By default, the dmfe driver performs auto-negotiation to select the speed and mode of the link. Link speed and mode can be 100 Mbps (full or half-duplex) or 10 Mbps (full or half-duplex) as described in the 100Base-TX standard. The auto-negotiation protocol automatically selects speed mode (either 100 Mbps or 10 Mbps) and operation mode (either full-duplex or half- duplex) as the highest common denominator supported by both link partners. Because the dmfe device supports all modes, this effectively selects the highest-throughput mode supported by the other device. Alternatively, you can explicitly specify the link parameters by adding entries to the dmfe driver configuration file (/platform/sun4u/ker- nel/drv/dmfe.conf). You can set the speed parameter to 10 or 100 to force dmfe devices to operate at the specified speed. Additionally, you can set the full-duplex parameter to 0 or 1 to disable or force full-duplex operation, respectively. Note that specifying either "speed" or "full-duplex" explicitly disables auto-negotiation. To enable the driver to determine the appropri- ate setting for each parameter, you should always set both parameters. If it is necessary to force either speed or duplex setting (for example, because the dmfe device is connected to an ancient device or hub that does not support auto-negotiation), both parameters should be explicitly specified to match the requirements of the external device. FILES
/dev/dmfe Character special device /platform/sun4u/kernel/drv/dmfe.conf dmfe configuration file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), gld(7D), dlpi(7P), streamio(7I) Writing Device Drivers STREAMS Programming Guide Network Interfaces Programmer's Guide SunOS 5.10 23 July 2003 dmfe(7D)