Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How to find the number of physical processors and architecture in a hp-ux machine Post 302332184 by shawshank on Wednesday 8th of July 2009 09:44:36 AM
Old 07-08-2009
Hi ortsvorsteher,
thnks for ur reply. I forgot to mention that I am actually looking to determine this information programatically. If it is not possible programatically, then a command output is also fine.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

trying to find number of caches on a machine

I am trying to find the number of caches on a machine programatically. #include <stdio.h> #include <malloc.h> int main(void) { int *ptr,*ptr1,i,j; j=0; i=1; printf("Changing allocation with brk()\n"); while(1) { for(j=0;j<i;j++) { ptr =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacques83
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to know the architecture of the machine

Hi, Is there any command to know whether the machine 64 bit or 32 bit? now I am using "uname -p" for this purpose but I want a straight command if it is there. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Limiting number of processors used by an application

Hello, Using a Solaris SunOS 5.10, is there anyway to limit the number of processors utilised by an external vendor application over the server, from the unix OS perspective? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pgop
1 Replies

4. AIX

Maximum Limit of HMC to handle Physical Power Virtualization Physical Machine

Hello All, Can anybody please tell me what is the maximum limit of Physical IBM Power Machine which can be handled by single HMC at a single point of time? Thanks, Jenish (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jenish_shah
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find locked processors

Hi all, i have no of processors .in that some processors locked. how to find the particular locked processors into list of all the processors. i hav no of processors like ex: processors 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 ---it is locked 1026 -- - - - - -- 2334334 so i don't know 1025 is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkatreddy
1 Replies

6. High Performance Computing

PBS - restrict total number of processors per user

Hello everyone! I am a bit inexperienced with administering queueing programs. I installed Torque (a PBS derivative) on a Linux cluster and it is running well. There is one annoying problem though: users can run massively parallel jobs and serial jobs too. Almost all users do a mix of the two. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnuplot
0 Replies

7. Solaris

How to count number of physical and virtual processors on Solaris machine.?

hi, I am using command psrinfo -p to check the number of physical processors present on any soalris machine.I want to check the number of virtual processors assigned for particular solaris machine. which command/set of command need to be used which can grep or show the total virtual processors... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
8 Replies

8. Red Hat

Number of physical and virtual processors

Hi, i am trying to find out hpw many virtual and physical processors does any linux machine has: output of /proc/cpuinfo is as below : # cat /proc/cpuinfo processor : 0 vendor_id : GenuineIntel cpu family : 6 model : 26 model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
8 Replies

9. AIX

Virtualizing Physical Machine

Hi Experts - we have power710 (no VIOs) that is already connected to hmc and everything . I already have a Physical LPAR in there and network configured . Now I plan to delete that LPAR and then put Virtualization code (COD) to virtualize that machine by building VIO servers and stuff.Also ordered... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: JME2015
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to find whether Solaris installed on physical machine or on a VMware/KVM?

Hi All, . I am trying to find whether Solaris 11 installed on physical server or on VMware/KVM. I tried uname -a but it's giving only whether i installed on X86 or sparc machine. I tried prtdiag command but it's giving below information. command : prtdiag -v |grep "System... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravani25
2 Replies
CPANPLUS::Internals(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				  CPANPLUS::Internals(3pm)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Internals - CPANPLUS internals SYNOPSIS
my $internals = CPANPLUS::Internals->_init( _conf => $conf ); my $backend = CPANPLUS::Internals->_retrieve_id( $ID ); DESCRIPTION
This module is the guts of CPANPLUS -- it inherits from all other modules in the CPANPLUS::Internals::* namespace, thus defying normal rules of OO programming -- but if you're reading this, you already know what's going on ;) Please read the "CPANPLUS::Backend" documentation for the normal API. ACCESSORS
_conf Get/set the configure object _id Get/set the id METHODS
$internals = CPANPLUS::Internals->_init( _conf => CONFIG_OBJ ) "_init" creates a new CPANPLUS::Internals object. You have to pass it a valid "CPANPLUS::Configure" object. Returns the object on success, or dies on failure. $bool = $internals->_flush( list => @caches ) Flushes the designated caches from the "CPANPLUS" object. Returns true on success, false if one or more caches could not be be flushed. $bool = $internals->_register_callback( name => CALLBACK_NAME, code => CODEREF ); Registers a callback for later use by the internal libraries. Here is a list of the currently used callbacks: install_prerequisite Is called when the user wants to be "asked" about what to do with prerequisites. Should return a boolean indicating true to install the prerequisite and false to skip it. send_test_report Is called when the user should be prompted if he wishes to send the test report. Should return a boolean indicating true to send the test report and false to skip it. munge_test_report Is called when the test report message has been composed, giving the user a chance to programatically alter it. Should return the (munged) message to be sent. edit_test_report Is called when the user should be prompted to edit test reports about to be sent out by Test::Reporter. Should return a boolean indicating true to edit the test report in an editor and false to skip it. proceed_on_test_failure Is called when 'make test' or 'Build test' fails. Should return a boolean indicating whether the install should continue even if the test failed. munge_dist_metafile Is called when the "CPANPLUS::Dist::*" metafile is created, like "control" for "CPANPLUS::Dist::Deb", giving the user a chance to programatically alter it. Should return the (munged) text to be written to the metafile. $bool = $internals->_add_to_includepath( directories => @dirs ) Adds a list of directories to the include path. This means they get added to @INC as well as $ENV{PERL5LIB}. Returns true on success, false on failure. $bool = $internals->_add_to_path( directories => @dirs ) Adds a list of directories to the PATH, but only if they actually contain anything. Returns true on success, false on failure. $id = CPANPLUS::Internals->_last_id Return the id of the last object stored. $id = CPANPLUS::Internals->_store_id( $internals ) Store this object; return its id. $obj = CPANPLUS::Internals->_retrieve_id( $ID ) Retrieve an object based on its ID -- return false on error. CPANPLUS::Internals->_remove_id( $ID ) Remove the object marked by $ID from storage. @objs = CPANPLUS::Internals->_return_all_objects Return all stored objects. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 CPANPLUS::Internals(3pm)