Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users how to delete a large file in sco openserver 6 Post 302332124 by jksah on Wednesday 8th of July 2009 07:47:36 AM
Old 07-08-2009
Question how to delete a large file in sco openserver 6

How does one delete a large file say file.txt of size 4331456 blocks (2217697280 bytes) in a directory in sco openserver 6 ...

Upon executing the command
# rm file.txt

the error message is as below ...
rm: file.txt non-existent: Value too large for defined data type (error 79)

any help ??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Openserver 6.0

Hi there guys. I just got this new SCO version and i'm having some problem printing from shell, This is what i'm typing at the # sign : lp -dHP /etc/hosts and it prints no problem but when i use any other user at the $ sign it gives me this error. /dev/fd/7: /usr/lib/lp/sysv/7: not found. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: josramon
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Openserver 6.0

Hi guys, I just got this new 6.0 version and i'm trying to setup a remote office to telnet to this server running sco 6.0, in previous version all i have to do is add this file under /etc/rc2.d call S99route and put the gate in that file and that was it, for some reason in 6.0 it does not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: josramon
1 Replies

3. SCO

sco openserver 5.0.7

Dear members when i installed dual processor patch in openserver 5.0.7 in hp ML370 G4 server it hangs in sco at G_hd_config. i tried MP4, EFS 5.64,5.70A but not solved the problem.. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: M_farooqui
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Openserver 6 Remote File Transfer

Hi, I have a server which has SCO Openserver 6 on it and also kermit installed, unfortunately I can't seem to get kermit to send or receive files, is there another way I can use to transfer files remotely? I only have remote access to the server via a dial up modem Any comments/suggestions... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Martyn
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCO OpenServer 5 and File Encryption

My U.S. version of SCO Openserver 5 did not install "crypt". I'm looking into that for encryption, but I also looked into PGP, and openssl. These installations want GNU's GCC installed, but GNU won't support SCO when I have problems installing GCC. GNU is very very much against SCO right now. Are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coreysan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete rows by RowNumber from a Large text file

Friends, I have text file with 700,000 rows. Once I load this file to our database via our cutom process, it logs the row number for rejected rows. How do I delete rows from a Large text file based on the Row Number? Thanks, Prashant (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppat7046
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete \n in a large file with sed

Hello i have a big file with a specific format and delimiter is "§" : §field1§$field2§$field3§$field4§$field5§$field6§$field§ in this file we have a field which are very long (more than 20000 chars !!!!) so through vi i cant manipulate them. despite this i managed to suppress lines that... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ade05fr
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete large number of columns rom file

Hi, I have a data file that contains 61 columns. I want to delete all the columns except columns, 3,6 and 8. The columns are tab de-limited. How would I achieve this on the terminal? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete 1 record in large file!

Hi All, I'm a newbie here, I'm just wondering on how to delete a single record in a large file in unix. ex. file1.txt is 1000 records nikki1 nikki2 nikki3 what i want to do is delete the nikki2 record in file1.txt. is it possible? Please advise, Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to compare files in 2 folders and delete the large file

Hello, my first thread here. I've been searching and fiddling around for about a week and I cannot find a solution.:confused: I have been converting all of my home videos to HEVC and sometimes the files end up smaller and sometimes they don't. I am currently comparing all the video files... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Josh52180
5 Replies
dos2unix(1)						      General Commands Manual						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - DOS/MAC to UNIX text file format converter SYNOPSYS
dos2unix [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents dos2unix, the program that converts plain text files in DOS/MAC format to UNIX format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates dos2unix under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. dos2unix Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. dos2unix a.txt b.txt dos2unix -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. Convert c.txt from Mac to Unix ascii format. dos2unix a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c mac a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. dos2unix -k a.txt dos2unix -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. dos2unix -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix a.txt -n b.txt e.txt dos2unix -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. dos2unix -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHORS
Benjamin Lin - <blin@socs.uts.edu.au> Bernd Johannes Wuebben (mac2unix mode) <wuebben@kde.org> MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
unix2dos(1) mac2unix(1) 1995.03.31 dos2unix v3.0 dos2unix(1)