Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Best way to dump metadata to file: when and by who? Post 302332118 by otheus on Wednesday 8th of July 2009 07:41:33 AM
Old 07-08-2009
Which database primarily depends on how you many indexable and unique columns you have, on the ratio of readers to writers. sqlite? LOL. I was thinking more along the lines of MySQL or BerkelyDB/SleepyCat DB .

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump?

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aileen
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Importing dump file

Hi, I am trying to import 22 .dmp files but facing the problem with the last table file it never ends the import command, only the table is created but the rows of the table don't get imported. This is the problem with only ine table rest 21 tables are being imported properly. Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushilrai
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dump an array in a file

Hi, I'm wondering if there's a way to dump the content of an array into a specified part of a file. I know that I can redirect the output in a way that the array adds in the text file, this is done with ">>", but doing by this way, puts the array at the end of the file, and I'm asking for some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMD
3 Replies

4. Programming

How to use a core dump file

Hi All, May be it is a stupid question, but, I would like to know what is the advantage using a core dump file at the moment of debugging using gdb. I know a core dump has information about the state of the application when it crashed, but, what is the difference between debugging using the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lagigliaivan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

print metadata to jpg

Hi all, I would like to write a scipt that gets gps informatoin from a jpg and print 's it on the lower left corner, In order to get the gps data I have found a tool called jhead. In know that with the help of the imagemagick command convert it is possible to print text on the pictures. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: flash80
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dump display to a file

Hi: I want to dump whatever command I type on the terminal + whatever is the result of that command's execution to one file. Is it possible in unix? Rgds, Indu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indu_shr
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LVM - restore metadata on other disk

Hi guys, I would like to ask your opinion about my theory, how to fix my broken LVM without risking any data loss. I use Archlinux at home. I just love this distro, even it gives me a lots of work (particularly after system updates). Basic system spec: AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lyynxxx
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 11.2 dump device "kernel without ZFS metadata"

I've never seen this, is it normal for 11.2? Anyway to change it back to dumping metadata or is this simply an overly verbose message I may ignore? kernel without ZFS metadata (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LittleLebowski
4 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

About gvfsd-metadata

I need a hint about gvfsd-metadata using mate on bsd. Or dual-core cpu, quad-core cpu ore an old laptop single core, the gvfsd is an obstacle and does not accelerate anything, vice versa, it slows down many processes, coming from gnome. So someone can give me a hint how to wipe it out for good? I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 1in10
1 Replies
HASH(3) 						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						   HASH(3)

NAME
hash -- hash database access method SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <db.h> DESCRIPTION
The routine dbopen() is the library interface to database files. One of the supported file formats is hash files. The general description of the database access methods is in dbopen(3), this manual page describes only the hash specific information. The hash data structure is an extensible, dynamic hashing scheme. The access method specific data structure provided to dbopen() is defined in the <db.h> header as follows: typedef struct { u_int bsize; u_int ffactor; u_int nelem; u_int cachesize; uint32_t (*hash)(const void *, size_t); int lorder; } HASHINFO; The elements of this structure are as follows: bsize bsize defines the hash table bucket size, and defaults to 4096 for in-memory tables. If bsize is 0 (no bucket size is specified) a bucket size is chosen based on the underlying file system I/O block size. It may be preferable to increase the page size for disk-resident tables and tables with large data items. ffactor ffactor indicates a desired density within the hash table. It is an approximation of the number of keys allowed to accumulate in any one bucket, determining when the hash table grows or shrinks. The default value is 8. nelem nelem is an estimate of the final size of the hash table. If not set or set too low, hash tables will expand gracefully as keys are entered, although a slight performance degradation may be noticed. The default value is 1. cachesize A suggested maximum size, in bytes, of the memory cache. This value is only advisory, and the access method will allocate more memory rather than fail. hash hash is a user defined hash function. Since no hash function performs equally well on all possible data, the user may find that the built-in hash function does poorly on a particular data set. User specified hash functions must take two arguments (a pointer to a byte string and a length) and return a 32-bit quantity to be used as the hash value. lorder The byte order for integers in the stored database metadata. The number should represent the order as an integer; for example, big endian order would be the number 4,321. If lorder is 0 (no order is specified) the current host order is used. If the file already exists, the specified value is ignored and the value specified when the tree was created is used. If the file already exists (and the O_TRUNC flag is not specified), the values specified for the parameters bsize, ffactor, lorder, and nelem are ignored and the values specified when the tree was created are used. If a hash function is specified, hash_open() will attempt to determine if the hash function specified is the same as the one with which the database was created, and will fail if it is not. ERRORS
The hash access method routines may fail and set errno for any of the errors specified for the library routine dbopen(3). SEE ALSO
btree(3), dbopen(3), mpool(3), recno(3) Per-Ake Larson, "Dynamic Hash Tables", Communications of the ACM, Issue 4, Volume 31, April 1988. Margo Seltzer, "A New Hash Package for UNIX", Proceedings of the 1991 Winter USENIX Technical Conference, USENIX Association, http://www.usenix.org/publications/library/proceedings/seltzer2.pdf, 173-184, January 1991. BUGS
Only big and little endian byte order is supported. BSD
December 16, 2010 BSD