Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting use ind command to search files on differnet server Post 302332084 by vidyadhar85 on Wednesday 8th of July 2009 06:30:29 AM
Old 07-08-2009
use this format..
Code:
ssh owner@ipaddres "find command"||echo "SSH failed"

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup Differnet Unix OS Using Single LTO

Hi Gurus, I would like to clarify some doubts regarding a backup strategy. I have been working on various *NIX as AIX,Solaris and Linux. I would like to design a backup procedure.WOuld it be possible for me to use a single LTO tape device to backup all the different server with different... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mickykt
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to recursivly search all html files below the current

hi! i need a command to recursivly search all html files below the current directory for the string "ABCDE". that´s very important to me, thanx!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: inane
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using find command to search a pattern in group of files

Hi i am having a group of *.csh files under parent directory. Now i want to search a particular pattern in these group of *.csh files(suppose i need to search a pattern ABC - proj ). Can anyone please tell me how to do it using find command. Thanks in advance sarbjit (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
4 Replies

4. SuSE

Search all files based on first and in all listed files search the second patterns

Hello Linux Masters, I am not a linux expert therefore i need help from linux gurus. Well i have a requirement where i need to search all files based on first patterns and after seraching all files then serach second pattern in all files which i have extracted based on first pattern.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Black-Linux
1 Replies

5. Linux

Search only text files with 'find' command?

I've been using this to search an entire directory recursively for a specific phrase in my code (html, css, php, javascript, etc.): find dir_name -type f -exec grep -l "phrase" {} \; The problem is that it searches ALL files in the directory 'dir_name', even binary ones such as large JPEG... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Collider
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command to search files in a directory excluding subdirectories

Hi Forum, I am using the below command to find files older than x days in a directory excluding subdirectories. From the previous forums I got to know that prune command helps us not to descend in subdirectories. Though I am using it here, not getting the desired result. cd $dir... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command to search and delete files older than 1 days at a desired location

Hello All, Can someone please help me out in creating the find command to search and delete files older than 1 days at a desired location. Thanks in advance for your help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pandee
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging 2 slightly differnet shell scripts together to acheive same outcome

hi all. i have a kimsufi server, and i am wanting to it to syncronise back to my home linux system, but i want it to track what files have been transfered, so that if i move or delete them on my system, they wont re-sync back. i have googled around and found 2 scripts that acheive this, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jbates58
1 Replies
SSH-ARGV0(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					      SSH-ARGV0(1)

NAME
ssh-argv0 -- replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling SYNOPSIS
hostname | user@hostname [-l login_name] [command] hostname | user@hostname [-afgknqstvxACNTX1246] [-b bind_address] [-c cipher_spec] [-e escape_char] [-i identity_file] [-l login_name] [-m mac_spec] [-o option] [-p port] [-F configfile] [-L port:host:hostport] [-R port:host:hostport] [-D port] [command] DESCRIPTION
ssh-argv0 replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling. If you link to this script with a hostname then executing the link is equivalent to having executed ssh with that hostname as an argument. All other arguments are passed to ssh and will be processed normally. OPTIONS
See ssh(1). FILES
See ssh(1). AUTHORS
OpenSSH is a derivative of the original and free ssh 1.2.12 release by Tatu Ylonen. Aaron Campbell, Bob Beck, Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt and Dug Song removed many bugs, re-added newer features and created OpenSSH. Markus Friedl contributed the support for SSH protocol versions 1.5 and 2.0. Jonathan Amery wrote this ssh-argv0 script and the associated documentation. SEE ALSO
ssh(1) Debian Project September 7, 2001 Debian Project