Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: foreach shell question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers foreach shell question Post 302331979 by TonyLawrence on Tuesday 7th of July 2009 07:29:49 PM
Old 07-07-2009
Actually, since Bash 3.0, you can do

for i in {1..365} ; do ./data_make program $i ; done

See Bash 3.00 brace expansion

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

foreach loop question

Hello, I am new at this forum so please bare with me on this. Within a given directory, I have a list of files in which in each file, I would like to do a substitution. I would like to substitute the string mlcl to mll in each file using the foreach command. I dont quite get how to do that. If... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: clipski
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

foreach in shell scripting

I need to read list of machines from a file using foreach loop. I am trying the follwing, but its not reading the list foreach i (`cat file.lst | awk '{print $1}'`) ls -l | grep $i end here the file file.lst contains list of files Any idea whats wrong here Thanks Krisyet (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krisyet
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Shell Question: how to print the shell script name ?

Suppose I have a script named "sc.sh" in the script how to print out its name "sc.sh"? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meili100
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple tcsh question using foreach

I want to search line-by-line for a string in a file, and I want to do this to a series of files in a directory. I'm doing this in tcsh This works fine to do the search: while read i; do grep $i file2; done <file1.txt This also works fine to read a directory: foreach file ('/bin/ls... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moldoverb
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

foreach question

OK, so I am extremely rusty and am just getting back to Unix after 9 years. I'm stuck on something easy. I want to search line-by-line for a string in a file, and I want to do this to a series of files in a directory. This works fine to do the search: while read i; do grep $i file2; done... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moldoverb
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

C Shell - foreach - No Match error

Hi All, I am facing 'No Match' problem with foreach loop in C shell script. Initially I tried following grep command showing results properly as shown at the end of the Thread. But foreach command is throwing the error 'No match'. grep -n Inserted audit_file foreach insertstr (`grep -n... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adurga
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Integer with nested foreach

I am scripting in tcsh and here is what I currently have: foreach group (g1 g2 g3 g4) set ppl = `cat $group.file.with.list.of.ppl.in.row.format` set label = 1 @ label += 1 foreach ppls ($ppl) echo $label >> file end end ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bonesy
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script: foreach file -> targzip

Hi there, I need some help with a shell script (I'm no sh script expert, but I hope this will explain how I want my script):dir = /home/user/files/ foreach(*.jpg file in $dir) { tar -cf $file(-.jpg).tar $file;gzip $file(-.jpg).tar } mv -f $dir*tar.gz /home/user/pictures/ Thanks for any... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: JKMlol
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script foreach help

I am writing a shell script to uncompress files in a directory, then call a Perl script to search the files for given terms, store those terms in a different output file , and compress the output. I get a syntax error with my use of foreach. Below is my script. #!/bin/csh -fxv if (!... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgrayman
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Foreach alternative - C shell

Hi all I wrote a foreach loop in c-shell: foreach file (/.../fileNames*) ... end The problem is that if there aren't matching files in the directory I'm getting a "foreach: No match". How can I rewrite it so the script will just skip the loop if there aren't any matching files? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Somename
4 Replies
uri_urn(n)					    Tcl Uniform Resource Identifier Management						uri_urn(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
uri_urn - URI utilities, URN scheme SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require uri::urn ?1.1.2? uri::urn::quote url uri::urn::unquote url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides two commands to quote and unquote the disallowed characters for url using the urn scheme, registers the scheme with the package uri, and provides internal helpers which will be automatically used by the commands uri::split and uri::join of package uri to handle urls using the urn scheme. COMMANDS
uri::urn::quote url This command quotes the characters disallowed by the urn scheme (per RFC 2141 sec2.2) in the url and returns the modified url as its result. uri::urn::unquote url This commands performs the reverse of ::uri::urn::quote. It takes an urn url, removes the quoting from all disallowed characters, and returns the modified urls as its result. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category uri of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
rfc 2141, uri, url, urn CATEGORY
Networking uri 1.1.2 uri_urn(n)