Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Darwin ports
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Darwin ports Post 302331908 by [MA]Flying_Meat on Tuesday 7th of July 2009 01:20:47 PM
Old 07-07-2009
By "build tools" I'm assuming "Developer Tools".

When you say "Application DVD" I'm assuming Application DVD.

So to be clear, the question is, did you install the developer tools (Xcode)? That is the "build tools" you are looking for. They are located on the first install disk in a folder called "Optional..." Xcode.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ncurses/Darwin

I am using Darwin on Mac OS X.I.I (new to both Unix and C++). I downloaded the ncurses library from http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gnu-darwin/ncurses-5.2.tgz, but I don't know what to do with it now. Stuffit has expanded the archive, but I still have the original .tgz as well (if that's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parmenides
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ADSL with Darwin 1.41

Hey everyone, just to let you all know "I'm an uber n00b" I'm connected to Telstra Bigpond's (Australian ISP) ADSL network, now I;m running Darwin 1.41 on an Apple Macintosh PPC computer. I don't know how to set up ADSL on this system, can someone please guide me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syphor
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Make for Mac OS X (Darwin)

Can anyone tell me where to find "make". I have performed an exhaustive search of my system using find - to no avail. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: garb
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Darwin x86

so, what's everyone's opinion on Darwin (x86 rendition)? is it worth installing at the moment? pros? cons? comments? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Karma
5 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

GNU-Darwin

Did anyone here about GNU-Darwin? http://gnu-darwin.org/ Read Bout it! And Darwin can be found here: http://www.opendarwin.org Tell me what U think (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedVenim
4 Replies

6. BSD

Darwin via PearPC

How can I send Ctrl+Alt+Del for Darwin running in PearPC for Linux? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eugrus
1 Replies

7. Linux

Darwin x86 kernel only

Is there a link somewhere someone knows about? KW (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwa71
1 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

Darwin 10.4 - Gnome

Hello, I was curious about how one would go about installing gnome on darwin. As far as I know it must be harder than FreeBSD because there doesn't seem to be any ports for it. Would you have to first set up a build environment (GCC etc...) and then compile it from scratch? or is there an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpedersen
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed -i on Darwin

This is the first time I've come across this issue sed -i 's/"//g' iscrmireturns sed: 1: "iscrmi": command i expects \ followed by textApparently the -i option is non-standard FreeBSD extensions - does that mean it's not available on Darwin? Strange (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: platz
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell variable is Darwin (OS X)

I'm going through my book on bash and have come to a section on Shell Variables. The editing mode variables don't seem to be there, unless I'm missing something. It says no manual entry for them -- commands like HISTCMD, HISTCONTROL, HISTIGNORE, HISTFILE, HISTFILESIZE, HISTSIZE, HISTTIMEFORMAT,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
0 Replies
xed(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    xed(1)

NAME
xed -- Xcode text editor invocation tool. SYNOPSIS
xed [-xcwrbhv] [-l lineno] [file ...] DESCRIPTION
The xed tool launches the Xcode application and opens the given documents, or opens a new untitled document, optionally with the contents of standard in. OPTIONS
The options for xed are similar to those for the command-line utiltiies for other text editors: -x, --launch Launches Xcode opening a new empty unsaved file, without reading from standard input. -c, --create Creates any files in the file list that do not already exist. If used without --launch, standard input will be read and piped to the last file created. -w, --wait Wait for the files to be closed before exiting. xed will idle in a run loop waiting for a notification from Xcode when each file is closed, and will only terminate when all are closed. This is useful when invoking it from a script. -l, --line <number> Selects the given line in the last file opened. -b, --background Opens Xcode without activating it; the process that invoked xed remains in front. -h, --help Prints a brief summary of usage. -v, --version Prints the version number of xed [file...] A list of file paths. Existing files will be opened; nonexistent files will be created only if the --create flag is passed. If no files are passed, then standard input will be read and piped into a new untitled dcument (unless --launch is passed). If --create and at least one nonexistent file name is passed, the last nonexistent file will be created, filled with the standard input, and opened. HISTORY
xed was introduced in Mac OS X 10.5 with Xcode 3.0. Mac OS June 1, 2019 Mac OS