Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers deletion of all lines ends with : Post 302331811 by Ramesh_srk on Tuesday 7th of July 2009 08:38:07 AM
Old 07-07-2009
Try this,

awk '! /\:[ ]*$/ { print }' <Filename>

And redirect the final output to another file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

file transfer ends

how can I tell when a ftp/sftp file has completed - I'm having trouble by picking up a file that is still being transferred to - is there a better way to transfer files across systems??? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jph
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

while never ends

Hi i have question, is this ok in ksh, like while ] do something read true done loop runs but never ends even i pass y/Y. can any body please resolve it (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raom
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deletion of lines in a text file

Hi Everyone, Please help me with this. I have gone through many posts here but couldn't find what I wanted. I have a file with 79000+ lines and I want to delete lines in a pattern. I want to delete every 141st line in the file, starting from line 2000 till 50000. Please help guys. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: max29583
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Operations on a file with Deletion , Modification and Insertion of lines

Hi All , Given a file , I need to delete , modify and insert lines matching certain patterns in that file using shell scripting. e.g. If a file FILE1 has following content : CUST.ABC.DEF = CUST.ABC.DEF * CUST.ABC.DEF PRINTF(CUST.ABC.DEF) CUST.ABC.DEF = mid(CUST.ABC.DEF,10.34)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: swapnil.nawale
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparison and deletion of lines between two files

Hi i need an help. I have two files list1 and list2, both contains the server names i want to delete the servers in list2 which were also found in list1. for an eg list2 list1 oradg1 oradg4 oradg2 oradg2 oradg3 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudharson
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge multiple lines to one line when line starts with and ends with

example: comment Now_TB.table column errac is for error messages 1 - first 2 - second 3 -third ; in this example I need to be able to grab the comment as first word and ; as the last word and it might span a few lines. I need it to be put all in one line without line breaks so I can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wambli
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Taking the averages of columns with deletion of some lines

Hi, I am in stage of post processing some of my results. I wanted to plot the data against the three axis x,y,z. The data file is quite complicated and i have to take the average of x, y,z over different steps of my test. A typical file look like below: Time taken:4s No.of series : 3... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: begin_shell
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a file which are not ends with ".zip" and which are ends with "*.log*" or "*.out*"?

I am new to bash/shell scripting. I want to find all the files in directory and subdirectories, which are not ends with “.zip” and which are contains in the file name “*.log*” or “*.out*”. I know below command to get the files which ends with “.log”; but I need which are not ends with this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mallikgm
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trimming ends

My files look like this I need to remove the sequence GGGAAA and anything before that I also need to remove the sequence AGCCCTA and anything after that So I will end up with something like this The left side is done but I cannot get the right side correctly. I would like to use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine lines from line with pattern match to a line that ends in a pattern

I am trying to combine lines with these conditions: 1. First line starts with text of "libname VALUE db2 datasrc" where VALUE can be any text. 2. If condition1 is met then continue to combine lines through a line that ends with a semicolon. 3. Ignore case when matching patterns and remove any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wes Kem
5 Replies
curs_deleteln(3X)														 curs_deleteln(3X)

NAME
deleteln, wdeleteln, insdelln, winsdelln, insertln, winsertln - delete and insert lines in a curses window SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> int deleteln(void); int wdeleteln(WINDOW *win); int insdelln(int n); int winsdelln(WINDOW *win, int n); int insertln(void); int winsertln(WINDOW *win); DESCRIPTION
The deleteln and wdeleteln routines delete the line under the cursor in the window; all lines below the current line are moved up one line. The bottom line of the window is cleared. The cursor position does not change. The insdelln and winsdelln routines, for positive n, insert n lines into the specified window above the current line. The n bottom lines are lost. For negative n, delete n lines (starting with the one under the cursor), and move the remaining lines up. The bottom n lines are cleared. The current cursor position remains the same. The insertln and winsertln routines insert a blank line above the current line and the bottom line is lost. RETURN VALUE
All routines return the integer ERR upon failure and an OK (SVr4 specifies only "an integer value other than ERR") upon successful comple- tion. X/Open defines no error conditions. In this implementation, if the window parameter is null, an error is returned. PORTABILITY
These functions are described in the XSI Curses standard, Issue 4. The standard specifies that they return ERR on failure, but specifies no error conditions. NOTES
Note that all but winsdelln may be macros. These routines do not require a hardware line delete or insert feature in the terminal. In fact, they will not use hardware line delete/insert unless idlok(..., TRUE) has been set on the current window. SEE ALSO
curses(3X) curs_deleteln(3X)