Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Darwin ports
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Darwin ports Post 302331718 by hirohitosan on Tuesday 7th of July 2009 04:16:06 AM
Old 07-07-2009
well I don't understand what's wrong.
I add to $PATH
Code:
# export PATH = $PATH:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin

and still same error ... cannot find gcc.

I installed Rudix, which has a lot of tools for UNIX. I installed mc, and when I wanted to run:
Code:
$ mc
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libintl.8.dylib
  Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/mc
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap

do I need to add something to my $PATH?

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ncurses/Darwin

I am using Darwin on Mac OS X.I.I (new to both Unix and C++). I downloaded the ncurses library from http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gnu-darwin/ncurses-5.2.tgz, but I don't know what to do with it now. Stuffit has expanded the archive, but I still have the original .tgz as well (if that's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parmenides
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ADSL with Darwin 1.41

Hey everyone, just to let you all know "I'm an uber n00b" I'm connected to Telstra Bigpond's (Australian ISP) ADSL network, now I;m running Darwin 1.41 on an Apple Macintosh PPC computer. I don't know how to set up ADSL on this system, can someone please guide me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syphor
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Make for Mac OS X (Darwin)

Can anyone tell me where to find "make". I have performed an exhaustive search of my system using find - to no avail. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: garb
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Darwin x86

so, what's everyone's opinion on Darwin (x86 rendition)? is it worth installing at the moment? pros? cons? comments? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Karma
5 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

GNU-Darwin

Did anyone here about GNU-Darwin? http://gnu-darwin.org/ Read Bout it! And Darwin can be found here: http://www.opendarwin.org Tell me what U think (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedVenim
4 Replies

6. BSD

Darwin via PearPC

How can I send Ctrl+Alt+Del for Darwin running in PearPC for Linux? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eugrus
1 Replies

7. Linux

Darwin x86 kernel only

Is there a link somewhere someone knows about? KW (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwa71
1 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

Darwin 10.4 - Gnome

Hello, I was curious about how one would go about installing gnome on darwin. As far as I know it must be harder than FreeBSD because there doesn't seem to be any ports for it. Would you have to first set up a build environment (GCC etc...) and then compile it from scratch? or is there an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpedersen
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed -i on Darwin

This is the first time I've come across this issue sed -i 's/"//g' iscrmireturns sed: 1: "iscrmi": command i expects \ followed by textApparently the -i option is non-standard FreeBSD extensions - does that mean it's not available on Darwin? Strange (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: platz
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell variable is Darwin (OS X)

I'm going through my book on bash and have come to a section on Shell Variables. The editing mode variables don't seem to be there, unless I'm missing something. It says no manual entry for them -- commands like HISTCMD, HISTCONTROL, HISTIGNORE, HISTFILE, HISTFILESIZE, HISTSIZE, HISTTIMEFORMAT,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
0 Replies
nlcontrol(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      nlcontrol(8)

NAME
nlcontrol -- NETLOGON secure channel utility SYNOPSIS
nlcontrol [reconfigure] status [options] status nlcontrol [options] verify nlcontrol [options] change-password DESCRIPTION
The NETLOGON channel is a secure connection to a Windows Domain Controller that is used for non-Kerberos user authentication. nlcontrol can be used to manipulate and test the status of the NETLOGON channel. OPTIONS
-domain The service will log extensive debug information and may perform extra diagnostic checks. This option is typically only useful for debugging. -help Prints a usage message and exits. -server list The service will listen on each of the TCP ports specified in the comma-separated list. This option is typically only used for debugging. nlcontrol supports the following commands: reconfigure Force the NETLOGON service to re-read its configuration information. This is not necessary in normal operation, since the NETLOGON service will detect relevant configuration changes and re-establish the secure channel automatically. status Print the current status of the NETLOGON channel without altering its state. verify Attempt to verify that the NETLOGON channel is available and working correctly. change-password Bring up the NETLOGON channel and change the password of the machine account. The machine account is used to authenticate to the Domain Controller in order to secure the channel. DIAGNOSTICS
nlcontrol will exit with a non-zero error code if the command fails. It may also display a Windows error code, which is typically self- explanatory. HISTORY
The nlcontrol utility first appeared in Mac OS 10.7. Darwin June 2, 2019 Darwin