Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl window.open without blocker Post 302331486 by cbkihong on Monday 6th of July 2009 10:49:59 AM
Old 07-06-2009
Popup blockers normally only block auto-triggered popup windows. If the popup is triggered by user action (e.g. user click), then I found most popup blockers would allow it.

For example, click on a link as below would open a new window on my Firefox:

Code:
<a href="javascript:window.open('http://www.yahoo.com', 'xxx'); void(0);">Click me</a>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

window 2000 professional not pinging my window 98 system.

Hello, We someone help me resolve this problem. I have window 2000 professional, windows 98 and Unixware 7.0.1 on the network. I was able to establish connection with all. However, l was unable to ping window 98 from window 2000 professional. I was able to ping the window 2000 from the window... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Open New Window

I'd like to be able to run a java program that utilizes the Swing libraries from an X Terminal interface to our UNIX box at work. At the command-line, if I type java SomeProgram where SomeProgram creates a JFrame, it causes havoc with any open xterm. All xterm windows lose their borders, title... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nwboy74
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Pattern Matching:Unix Vs. Window (Is it OS dependent??)

Hi All, Below I am discussing the problem I am facing while using pattern matching in Unix & Window. Plz hv a look into it. ================ my $s="UPDATE A SET s="klkkk' ;" ; if ( $s =~ m/^*UPDATE+/i ) { print $s; } else { print "no match";} =================== Both should... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niroj
6 Replies

4. Red Hat

GUI help requir Every folder open in new Window..

I am using GUI mode in Linux & face a problem that when ever i double click on any folder it opens in new Window. I want to ask all DP members where is the option to disable this thing.. Means i want when ever i double on folder it should open in the same Window. looking for your help.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salman103
1 Replies

5. AIX

Unable to Switch tasks when trying to open console window in HMC

Hi, I am trying to open a console window through the HMC. When I choose to do this the toolbar at the top left of the HMC screen show 'Open Terminal Window'. However when I click on it I am getting the error - "The tsak you want to switch to is an applet based task, which dowes not support... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Open a finder window in a particular view ??

In OSX, I have created some custom... well.. I guess you'd call them Macros?? within the .profile file. Some of these "Macros" are to open specific directories in a Finder window. Does anyone know what commands need to be used to have these folders open in LIST view, and maybe even be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RiDE
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

can i send shell commands to a open window

i want to write a script that automatically fills in a form and pushes a few buttons. can i do that with bash or something similar? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magiling
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl + Gtk2] Image disappears after scrolling / minimizing window

Hello everyone I don't know if it's the right place to ask, but I will try. I want to use Gtk2 in my Perl chart-drawing script, I found a sample code that could be very useful for me somewhere, but I noticed there is one problem with that - when I draw something, and then scroll the window or... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xqwzts
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stop Window Services with Perl Script

Hello All I am getting an issue which I want to share will all you guys There is one windiows sercice running on my machine names Network Provisioning Service. I developed the perl script which do $service='Network Provisioning Service'; system('net stop $service'); When I manually... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adisky123
1 Replies

10. AIX

Is XVFB(X window system virtual frame buffer ) open source

I would like to know XVFB is open source or not. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prathap.g
0 Replies