Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search on a particular column Post 302331482 by Ramesh_srk on Monday 6th of July 2009 10:31:27 AM
Old 07-06-2009
Try this,

nawk -F',' '$3 == "\"N\"" { print }' <Filename>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

column based search

Hi, I need to search one file based on the entry from another; eg. file1 has entries; 45654 34768 12345 File2 has entries 23234 somestring 4312 45654 somestring 34768 12345 somestring 45654 so I need to pick first entry in file1 which eg. '45654' and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_007
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can SED Search By Column?

Hi all, I am trying to search for a keyword in the fourth column of a massive carrot(^) delimited file and unfortunately I cannot use AWK (which would have been ideal). Can SED (or maybe even GREP) perform a search like this? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Korn0474
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a column by name in awk

Hi, I have a file that has many columns. Let us say "Employee_number" "Employee_name" "Salary". I want to display all entries in a column by giving all or part of the column name. For example if I input "name" I want all the employee names printed. Is it possible to do this in a simple manner... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kskkarthik
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search in a column by a string

Hi All, My file looks like : hsdhj dsajhf jshdfajkh jksdhfj jkdhsfj shfjhd shdf hdsfjkh jsdfhj hdshf sdjh dhs foot dsjhfj jdshf dasfh jdsh dsjfh jdfshj david Now, I want to search entire column by a string... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK in column search

Hi friends , I am new to unix ,need your help to fix this there is a ~ deliminated file. how to find the 5th column of the row. awk 'print $5 ' abc.txt it doesnot work . it works for table deliminated file. My data file is like the following manner. abc.txt -------- a~b~c~d~e~f... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: imipsita.rath
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column Search and Line Removal

Hello Gurus, I need to remove lines within a file if it contains specific criteria. Here is what I am trying to resolve: Users of AppRuntime: (Total of 10 licenses issued; Total of 6 licenses in use) buih02 dsktp501 AppGui 1 (compute_lic/27006 3122), start Mon 2/22 7:58 dingj1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: leepet01
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search word in 3rd column and move it to next column (4th)

Hi, I have a file with +/- 13000 lines and 4 column. I need to search the 3rd column for a word that begins with "SAP-" and move/skip it to the next column (4th). Because the 3rd column need to stay empty. Thanks in advance.:) 89653 36891 OTR-60 SAP-2 89653 36892 OTR-10 SAP-2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AK47
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search substring in a column of file

Hi all, I have 2 files, the first one containing a list of ids and the second one is a master file. I want to search each id from the first file from the 5th col in the second file. The 5th column in master file has values separated by ';', if not a single value is present. Each id must occur... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk search pattern in column

Want to search a pattern in column using the below command which not helpful awk -F"\|" '$1 == '"${VAR}"' {print $1,$2}' file how to search using "==" with variable other than the below case. awk -F"\|" '$1 ~ /'"${VAR}"'/ {print $1,$2}' file (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and retrieve the next Column.

Hi Guys, I have a File like below. FTOP,1|NOME,5|SERP,3 SERP,4|FTOP,7|POSE,4 Now, i am able to separate using multiple Delimiters in Awk. So,now when i search for FTOP, i need to retrieve the next column. In the above case, 1 7 Can somebody help as how to retrieve it. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
2 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)