Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find the free space of a particular directory Post 302331476 by mac4rfree on Monday 6th of July 2009 10:13:50 AM
Old 07-06-2009
find the free space of a particular directory

Hi Guys,

I want to find the free space of a particular directory,,

Regards,
Magesh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

command to find free disk space on solaris

In linux df is the command to find free space what is the equivalent command in the Solaris (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harishankar
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find the free space & usage of the particular directory in Hp-Unix?

How to find the free space & usage of the particular directory in Hp-Unix? I want to see the usage in % (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobprabhu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

for i in `find *` breakdown since the directory name has space

hey, somebody can help me on this broken script? for i in `find . -name index.html`;do echo "$i" awk '{print $0}' $i done the path to index.html has space in it. For example, ./10 October/index.html then echo "$i" will gives two lines instead of one: ./10 October/index.html how do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: patiobarbecue
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

free space, used space in ftp

Is possible to see how much available space there is on a ftp server and how much is used through ftp ? how ? free space: used space: thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching keyword

Good afternoon! Im new at scripting and Im trying to write a script to calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching a keyword (in this one we will use keyword virginia). Please dont be mean or harsh, like I said Im new and trying my best. Scripting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

How do i find free space in my unix?

Hello, I wanted to calculate free space in my unix file system. Here is my direction. I can use df -h command to get the below output. Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on =================================================== /dev/vx/dsk/edcdg/data01vol ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
9 Replies

7. Solaris

No space left on device but free space and inodes are available...

hi guys, me again ;) i recently opened a thread about physical to zone migration. My zone is mounted over a "bigger" LUN (500GB) and step is now to move the old files, from the physical server, to my zone. We are talking about 22mio of files. i used rsync to do that and every time at... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: beta17
8 Replies

8. Red Hat

On CentOS, moving space from large free directory to another

Hi. My "/usr" folder is running out of space. My "/home" folder is quite large and has a lot of free space. As follows: Filesystem Type Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on ... /dev/sda5 ext3 9.7G 2.6G 6.7G 28% / /dev/sda7 ext3 152G 16G 128G 11% /home /dev/sda3 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkiula
7 Replies

9. Fedora

Need to incrwase PHYSICAL VOLUME space on hard drive with free space on it

Hi, I run Fedora 17. I created a physical volume of 30GB on a disk with 60GB of space so there is 30GB of free space. On the physical volume, I created my volume group and logical volumes. I assigned all the space in the physical volume to my volume group. I need to add the 30GB of free space... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find command fails when a space is in the directory path variable

I have a script like this running under OS X 10.8. The problem arises when the find command encounters a space in the path name. I need the "dir" variable as I'll be extending the script to more general use. #!/bin/bash CFS=$IFS IFS=$(echo) set dir = "/Users/apta/Library/Mail\... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apta
3 Replies
PIDOF(8)						Linux System Administrator's Manual						  PIDOF(8)

NAME
pidof -- find the process ID of a running program. SYNOPSIS
pidof [-s] [-c] [-n] [-x] [-o omitpid[,omitpid..]] [-o omitpid[,omitpid..]..] program [program..] DESCRIPTION
Pidof finds the process id's (pids) of the named programs. It prints those id's on the standard output. This program is on some systems used in run-level change scripts, especially when the system has a System-V like rc structure. In that case these scripts are located in /etc/rc?.d, where ? is the runlevel. If the system has a start-stop-daemon (8) program that should be used instead. OPTIONS
-s Single shot - this instructs the program to only return one pid. -c Only return process ids that are running with the same root directory. This option is ignored for non-root users, as they will be unable to check the current root directory of processes they do not own. -n Avoid stat(2) system function call on all binaries which are located on network based file systems like NFS. Instead of using this option the the variable PIDOF_NETFS may be set and exported. -x Scripts too - this causes the program to also return process id's of shells running the named scripts. -o omitpid Tells pidof to omit processes with that process id. The special pid %PPID can be used to name the parent process of the pidof pro- gram, in other words the calling shell or shell script. EXIT STATUS
0 At least one program was found with the requested name. 1 No program was found with the requested name. NOTES
pidof is actually the same program as killall5; the program behaves according to the name under which it is called. When pidof is invoked with a full pathname to the program it should find the pid of, it is reasonably safe. Otherwise it is possible that it returns pids of running programs that happen to have the same name as the program you're after but are actually other programs. Note that that the executable name of running processes is calculated with readlink(2), so symbolic links to executables will also match. SEE ALSO
shutdown(8), init(8), halt(8), reboot(8), killall5(8) AUTHOR
Miquel van Smoorenburg, miquels@cistron.nl 01 Sep 1998 PIDOF(8)