Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Login Slowness
Operating Systems Solaris Login Slowness Post 302331406 by Hari_Ganesh on Monday 6th of July 2009 05:58:10 AM
Old 07-06-2009
Hi Otheus,

No,My /etc/passwd file doesn't have this "+:::" at the end of the file.
Nor do i find any issues with /etc/hosts.allow/deby file.

Yes,as you said this could be a DNS issue as i find that ping to hostnames are responding but taking a lot of time.
But,What should i check for from DNS server end? Can you please help me on this statement -(2) the reverse-lookups (see resolv.conf and see that the remote host has a reverse-IP map) ?

Note -I am facing this issue in only 4 of my servers(from a farm of around 30).These 4 servers are in a separate VLAN.

Thanks
HG

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

slowness of Linux 8.0 server

Hi, I have a Linux 8.0 Redhat installed as a server. The samba configuration was done to allowed logging in to the server from windows workstations. I have a LAN, WAN connection. However, any time the workstation is trying to make a WAN connection it slow down all the systems on the network. Can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
0 Replies

2. SCO

Terminal Slowness

I have attempted to2find answers to this question: When logging into tty01 the system will take 5 to 10 seconds to display each character typed. Each other terminal will login correctly and display correctly2but not the first terminal. Rebooting was suggested on several sites and this has been... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ypanic
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

HP-UX Intermec Label Slowness

We recently moved from a Open VMS OS to HP-UX. When printing labels on Intermec 3400 printers we are seeing a delay of up to 3 minutes before labels print. We have printers going through a DEC Term servers and Jet Direct boxes. Any suggestions what might be causing this delay? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BIGJIM
4 Replies

4. Solaris

error message rmclomv ... SC Login Failure for user Please login:

Hello World ~ HW : SUN Fire V240 OS : Solaris 8 Error message prompts 'rmclomv ... SC login failure ...' on terminal. and Error Message prompts continually 'SC Login Failure for user Please login:' on Single Mode(init S) The System is in normal operation, though In case of rain, Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lifegeek
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 Slowness

Hi, We have got 2 solaris boxes, since our inhouse application has certified on solaris environment and now we need to certify the performance of that application on Solaris environment. 1 box we have installed websphere and the other box we have installed Oracle 10.2.0.3. both are 64bit. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mp_rocket
5 Replies

6. Solaris

NIS performance slowness

Hi I have a Solaris 10 NIS server and more than 250 NIS clients out of these there are 5 main application servers, and whenever there is any compilation happens on any of the application servers (which are acting as NIS clients) entire NIS performance will come down.Can some one help me to fix... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithnara
5 Replies

7. Solaris

ssh slowness

Hi admins, After changing the ip address(temperorily) ssh to that server is very slow(exactly 25 sec).But from this new ip i can ssh to other servers without any delay problem. debug1: match: Sun_SSH_1.1.1 pat Sun_SSH_1.1.1* debug1: Enabling compatibility mode for protocol 2.0 debug1:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newsol
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Java Application slowness with Xmanager

Hi! I have a m3000 server with solaris 10. Clients connecting to server using Xmanager. But when they open a Java based application its very slow and some times hanging. But when I tried with VNC it works fine. Is this a BUG in Xmanager? Or Is there any method to solve this? Thanks, Charith (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: charith.upendra
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Login slowness from LDOM to ZONE

Need assitance in troubleshooting steps . Below is the issue I have LDOM which has 4 zones on it . One zone logging into the server takes 13sec where as other zones are quick . Troubleshooting steps which I did - Checked /var/tmp . Not many files - We have LDAP but thought that wouldnt be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
7 Replies

10. AIX

Slowness issue

Oracle database is facing slowness issues frequently on AIX server. So can anybody suggest how to fix these issues from OS end? Do we need to tune any parameter in AIX to resolve this issue? Please post in an adequate forum! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vithal
1 Replies
ipa-dns-install(1)						 IPA Manual Pages						ipa-dns-install(1)

NAME
ipa-dns-install - Add DNS as a service to an IPA server SYNOPSIS
ipa-dns-install [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
Adds DNS as an IPA-managed service. This requires that the IPA server is already installed and configured. OPTIONS
-p DM_PASSWORD, --ds-password=DM_PASSWORD The password to be used by the Directory Server for the Directory Manager user -d, --debug Enable debug logging when more verbose output is needed --ip-address=IP_ADDRESS The IP address of the IPA server. If not provided then this is determined based on the hostname of the server. --forwarder=FORWARDER A forwarder is a DNS server where queries for a specific non-resolvable address can be directed. To define multiple forwarders use multiple instances of --forwarder --no-forwarders Do not add any DNS forwarders, send non-resolvable addresses to the DNS root servers. --reverse-zone=REVERSE_ZONE The reverse DNS zone to use --no-reverse Do not create new reverse DNS zone. If used on a replica and a reverse DNS zone already exists for the subnet, it will be used. --zonemgr The e-mail address of the DNS zone manager. Defaults to hostmaster@DOMAIN -U, --unattended An unattended installation that will never prompt for user input EXIT STATUS
0 if the installation was successful 1 if an error occurred IPA
Jun 28, 2012 ipa-dns-install(1)