Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl window.open without blocker Post 302331394 by jimmy_y on Monday 6th of July 2009 04:51:35 AM
Old 07-06-2009
Lightbulb perl window.open without blocker

Hi Everyone,

We know that when we open a popup window, if my IE, Yahoo tool bar enable the popup-blocker, then my window will be blocked. like my code.

Code:
print <<EOD;
<script language=JavaScript>
var s = new String(window.location.href);
if (s.match(/Start/)){
        window.open('stop.cgi?popserver=$paraServer','stop', 'width=350, height=230, toolbar=no, location=no, directories=no, status=no, menubar=no, scrollbars=no, resizable=no, copyhistory=no');
}
</script>
EOD

If anyway we can do that it popup no matter whether got popup-blocker or not, maybe not using the window.open, but other means to have a popup like window? Please advice.

ThanksSmilie

The purpose is:
i have a page a.cgi, i click a [start] button in this web page, will open the popup window, which i can click [stop] on the popup window.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

window 2000 professional not pinging my window 98 system.

Hello, We someone help me resolve this problem. I have window 2000 professional, windows 98 and Unixware 7.0.1 on the network. I was able to establish connection with all. However, l was unable to ping window 98 from window 2000 professional. I was able to ping the window 2000 from the window... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Open New Window

I'd like to be able to run a java program that utilizes the Swing libraries from an X Terminal interface to our UNIX box at work. At the command-line, if I type java SomeProgram where SomeProgram creates a JFrame, it causes havoc with any open xterm. All xterm windows lose their borders, title... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nwboy74
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Pattern Matching:Unix Vs. Window (Is it OS dependent??)

Hi All, Below I am discussing the problem I am facing while using pattern matching in Unix & Window. Plz hv a look into it. ================ my $s="UPDATE A SET s="klkkk' ;" ; if ( $s =~ m/^*UPDATE+/i ) { print $s; } else { print "no match";} =================== Both should... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niroj
6 Replies

4. Red Hat

GUI help requir Every folder open in new Window..

I am using GUI mode in Linux & face a problem that when ever i double click on any folder it opens in new Window. I want to ask all DP members where is the option to disable this thing.. Means i want when ever i double on folder it should open in the same Window. looking for your help.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salman103
1 Replies

5. AIX

Unable to Switch tasks when trying to open console window in HMC

Hi, I am trying to open a console window through the HMC. When I choose to do this the toolbar at the top left of the HMC screen show 'Open Terminal Window'. However when I click on it I am getting the error - "The tsak you want to switch to is an applet based task, which dowes not support... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Open a finder window in a particular view ??

In OSX, I have created some custom... well.. I guess you'd call them Macros?? within the .profile file. Some of these "Macros" are to open specific directories in a Finder window. Does anyone know what commands need to be used to have these folders open in LIST view, and maybe even be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RiDE
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

can i send shell commands to a open window

i want to write a script that automatically fills in a form and pushes a few buttons. can i do that with bash or something similar? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magiling
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl + Gtk2] Image disappears after scrolling / minimizing window

Hello everyone I don't know if it's the right place to ask, but I will try. I want to use Gtk2 in my Perl chart-drawing script, I found a sample code that could be very useful for me somewhere, but I noticed there is one problem with that - when I draw something, and then scroll the window or... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xqwzts
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stop Window Services with Perl Script

Hello All I am getting an issue which I want to share will all you guys There is one windiows sercice running on my machine names Network Provisioning Service. I developed the perl script which do $service='Network Provisioning Service'; system('net stop $service'); When I manually... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adisky123
1 Replies

10. AIX

Is XVFB(X window system virtual frame buffer ) open source

I would like to know XVFB is open source or not. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prathap.g
0 Replies
gmail-notify(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   gmail-notify(1)

NAME
gmail-notify - A Gmail Notifier SYNOPSIS
gmail-notify DESCRIPTION
gmail-notify Gmail Notifier is a Linux alternative for the notifier program released by Google, it is written in Python and provides an attractive and simple way to check for new mail messages. Open the notifier.conf file in your favourite text editor and edit the configuration options to match your system. Below is an explanation of each option: (See notifier.conf.sample located in the /usr/share/doc/gmail-notify directory for a helpful example) gmailusername - fairly self explanatory, must be without the @gmail.com at the end gmailpassword - obvious browserpath - this is the full path to the browser that you want Gmail Notifier to open when you click the popup to goto your Gmail inbox voffset - this is the amount (in pixels) the popup will be displaced from the bottom of the screen, it will almost definitely need changing to suit your system, ideally, you want it to look like it came out of the bar along the bottom of the screen the best way to adjust it is to run it initially with the default value and then add/remove from it then test again. Higher values result in the popup appearing higher up the screen. hoffset - same as above only this is the amount the popup will be displaced from the side of the screen. Higher values will displace it more to the left of the screen. checkinterval - this is how often Gmail Notifier will check for new mail (in ms), do NOT set it lower than 20000 (20 seconds), or the libg- mail library will not keep up, causing many strange side effects. If you need to check your mail more than once every 20 seconds, then chances are your famous and don't have time to read your mail anyway. animationdelay - this is the amount of time (in ms) that Gmail Notifier will wait before moving the popup up one step, when the popup is popping up, to high values will cause the animation to be jerky, to low values will cause tearing at the bottom of the popup. 15ms seems about right. Only small adjustments are necessary, best thing is to leave it alone. popuptimespan - this is the amount of time before the popup will disappear again after popping up you can set this to whatever you want Web Page http://gmail-notify.sourceforge.net/ AUTHOR
John Winter <wintersoft@gmail.com> May 31, 2006 gmail-notify(1)