Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Check free space in SVM
Operating Systems Solaris Check free space in SVM Post 302331314 by gnom on Sunday 5th of July 2009 07:12:47 PM
Old 07-05-2009
metarecover -v -n metadevice -p

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to check free disk space

hello, I have to check the free space on the disk that would work both on Windows and Unix platform e.g on C: \ for Windows and / on Unix. I could use Unix command 'df ' ( my windows system has Unix emulator cygwin and could run 'df ' as well). But I'd like not to rely on system command but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: susja
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

HDD free space check

Hi, I need to add a condition in a script. The script is executed only if there is free 8 Gigas space. I know if then fi I don't know how to write the condition on free space Thanks :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pppswing
1 Replies

3. Solaris

mirroring root disk using svm - but no free slices for metadb's

Hi all, we have an existing system that was configured using just one of the (two) internal disks. I want to mirror the disk using SVM, but have realised there is no free slice for creating the metadb's. Is there a workaround I can use for this? In the past we have always kept slice 7 free -... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Disk space missing under SVM

Hi Gurus, I've got an issue here: (1) Hardware: Sun NetraT1, (2) OS: Solaris 10, (3) SVM metastat shows /var having 12 GB. df shows /var having 4 GB. Real space for /var is about 4 GB since I can't move a big file to it. How is 8 GB space missing? Does /var/run swap need to account? Can I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Check free space in Solaris Volume Manager

I 've 300Gb Lun assigned to my system which has soft partitions , is there any way to check how much the space i have used out of 300Gb ? and how may more soft partitions i can create and expand the existing ones ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

6. Solaris

How to check free space for a metadevice in a diskset

Anyone know then command to check the unallocated disk space for a metadevice in a disk set? like: /dev/md/data/dsk/d830 Something similar to veritas command below is what I'm looking for: vxassist maxgrow <volume> ---------- Post updated at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous update was at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mr_Webster
1 Replies

7. Solaris

No space left on device but free space and inodes are available...

hi guys, me again ;) i recently opened a thread about physical to zone migration. My zone is mounted over a "bigger" LUN (500GB) and step is now to move the old files, from the physical server, to my zone. We are talking about 22mio of files. i used rsync to do that and every time at... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: beta17
8 Replies

8. Fedora

Need to incrwase PHYSICAL VOLUME space on hard drive with free space on it

Hi, I run Fedora 17. I created a physical volume of 30GB on a disk with 60GB of space so there is 30GB of free space. On the physical volume, I created my volume group and logical volumes. I assigned all the space in the physical volume to my volume group. I need to add the 30GB of free space... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Reclaiming space SVM

Hi I have a solaris 10 server, that we no longer will be used, and the system has it storage on the NetApp. Most of the file systems that I have already umounthave the following entry on /etc/vfstab: df -h /ora* Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d400... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Check free disk space in server

Hi, I need about 500G space in one corporate solaris server. However, I am not sure which command to use to check this. There are few volume groups in the server, and I deleted unused, old volume groups to clear some space. However, now I am not sure how to check the free space itself. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
2 Replies
metarecover(1M) 					  System Administration Commands					   metarecover(1M)

NAME
metarecover - recover soft partition information SYNOPSIS
/sbin/metarecover [-n] [-v] [-s setname] component -p /sbin/metarecover [-n] [-v] [-s setname] component -p {-d} /sbin/metarecover [-n] [-v] [-s setname] component -p {-m} DESCRIPTION
The metarecover command scans a specified component to look for soft partition configuration information and to regenerate the configura- tion. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -d Recover soft partitions in the metadevice state database from the extent headers on the device. Options -d and -m are mutu- ally exclusive. -m Regenerate the extent headers and reapplies them to the underlying device based on the soft partitions listed in the metadevice state database. Options -d and -m are mutually exclusive. -n Do not actually perform the operation. Show the output or errors that would have resulted from the operation, had it been run. -p Regenerate soft partitions based on the metadevice state database or extent headers on the underlying device. If neither -d nor -m are specified, this option compares the soft partition information in the metadevice state database to the extent headers. -s setname Specify the name of the diskset on which metarecover works. Using the s option causes the command to perform its function within the specified diskset. Without the -s option, the metarecover command operates on the metadevices and/or hot spare pools in the local diskset. This option is required to recover former sps from a diskset component or raw-device. setname must be identical to the former setname in which the sps were created. The set numbers, however, seem irrelevant. -v Verbose mode, displaying the changes being made. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: component Specifies the c*t*d*s* number of the disk or slice containing the partitions, or the device name (for example, d10) of the metadevice containing the partitions. component can be a slice name, component name, /dev/dsk path, or /dev/rdsk path. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Updating Metadevice State Database Based on Disk Extent Headers A disk containing soft partitions is moved from one system to another. The system administrator would like to use the existing soft parti- tions. metarecover updates the metadevice state database based on the extent headers on the disk. # metarecover -v c0t3d0s2 -p -d Example 2: Updating Metadevice State Database Based on Incomplete Soft Partition Creation A system crashes in the middle of creating a new soft partition. The soft partition is in the creating state and the driver does not let that device be opened. metarecover rewrites the extent headers for the partially created soft partition and mark it as Okay. # metarecover -v c0t3d0s2 -p -m Example 3: Updating Extent Headers Based on Metadevice State Database Someone accidentally overwrote a portion of a disk leaving extent headers destroyed. metarecover rewrites the extent headers to ensure a valid soft partition configuration, though user data is not recovered. # metarecover -v d5 -m Example 4: Validating Soft Partition Configuration To validate the existing soft partition configuration, use metarecover with only the -p flag. # metarecover c0t3d0s2 -p EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWmdr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mdmonitord(1M), metaclear(1M), metadb(1M), metadetach(1M), metahs(1M), metainit(1M), metaoffline(1M), metaonline(1M), metaparam(1M), metarename(1M), metareplace(1M), metaroot(1M), metaset(1M), metassist(1M), metastat(1M), metasync(1M), metattach(1M), md.tab(4), md.cf(4), mddb.cf(4), md.tab(4), attributes(5), md(7D) Solaris Volume Manager Administration Guide SunOS 5.10 2 Jun 2004 metarecover(1M)